BANGKOK 16 June 2019 23:31
joe234234

Need Advice: Starve to Death on the Street or Go to Jail?

I think if immigration catch up with you, the penalty will be heavier so it's better to surrender yourself and ask your family to send some money over for the air ticket and penalty.

There will also be a ban for x years from coming back to Thailand.

To get deported and have someone else pay for your plane ticket home you may need to confess to an unsolved murder or kidnapping in your home country.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"i wish him the best, and i wish him strength and support in a difficult time."

He's a criminal.

Sure, not a murderer or something, but he has broken the laws here and does not deserve any sympathy or pity. Remember, this was all his own doing -- no one forced this upon him nor was this an "act of God." 

He broke Thailand's labor law and overstayed his visa. What? You "wish him the best"? of what? Cellmate? 

Are you aware of how many laws you unwittingly break every day?

Sure this feller (if indeed he does exist) seems lackadaisical rather than malicious, but being dim isn't a crime in itself. The rest is pure consequence.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:09 PM, robusto said:

If you get to an international airport with a valid onward ticket, you will be fined 20k bath max and be free to go. You'll still have to pay for your ticket if you go to jail first, but then it will be a lot more complicated and expensive to go. Try to get the money somehow instead.

Yep. You'll get food on the plane.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:22 PM, darksidedog said:

Not a pleasant predicament, but you do have my sympathy.

I have sent you a PM with a suggestion and a contact for online work.

Turning yourself in when you don't have the 20,000 baht fine and the airline ticket home means you can expect a lengthy stay in Immigration detention until a friend or family comes up with the money.

Once you are back in funds, the situation is still grim, but a whole lot better than going to IDC broke,. You can go to the airport, pay the fine and leave without delay, albeit with a temporary blacklist from returning.

Yes, they do have food there, but if you don't have money to supplement what is on offer, you are again in a dark spot.

Had a few tough times in the past, but worked through it, so wish you the best.

The OP's IP address resolves to Chiang Mai, so he does not appear to be an offshore troll.

Constructive comments, not unwanted judgment please people.

Excellent advice....

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2019 at 12:33 AM, joe234234 said:

Do they give food to you in jail?

Yes and it is really delicious! I suggest you go out with a bang and commit as many offenses as possible until caught.

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 1:56 AM, DingDongLing said:

U have to stay in jail until someone can buy u a ticket I read.  Maybe years?  What happens if farang can not buy a ticket after years?  Anyone know?

knew a Dutch guy who spent 9 months there, when he finally got his ticket he was in an ICU in Holland, multiple rib fractures and a lung infection that had turned nasty, didn't receive medical treatment in IDC possibly because it was a guard who gave him the problems.

1 hour ago, mania said:

Do you just roll verbally? Because this guy whose ignorance your applauding needs $$$

This guy is the reason many others who followed rules of Thailand for decades now have heaps more required of them

So........Please support with a PM to him offering your real "support" not just "zen" lip service

He believes in Jesus but he doesn't want his job, neither do I

On 5/16/2019 at 10:22 PM, darksidedog said:

Sorry for above, can't get rid of it.

Just a little piece of extra advice to the OP. This is coming from my own experience from when I needed all the help in the world I could get to being blessed to be in a position where I could do for others (give back) what was done for me...."Cut the dramatics" (or the BS if you prefer)....ie..."Do you think I should choose to starve to death"?.

If you are genuine and sinceer...there is no need for it.

When one has been "down and out" during their lifetime....they can spot a BS ter a mile away.

I am not saying you are...just be straight when asking for help and lose the drama.

At least in jail you have the chance to get fed. Being dead, well, there are no more chances, are there?

Go to a temple, they will feed you and give you a matt to sleep on.