CW 800k retirement ext - 2 months?

800k now (according to the rules) must be seasoned for 2 months prior to application for

second and subsequent retirement extensions.

has anyone gotten their extension approved at CW with less than 3 months seasoning?

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Chaeng Wattana is going by the new 2 month rule. No problem there.

Just supposing I have been doing these extensions many years at CW and was unaware the rules had changed? Will I be given any leeway for letting my 800k balance drop (as I have always done before) the days following my extension? I might not have arranged enough money with no notice until day of application?

Edited by MJKT2014

10 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Just supposing I have been doing these extensions many years at CW and was unaware the rules had changed? Will I be given any leeway for letting my 800k balance drop (as I have always done before) the days following my extension? I might not have arranged enough money with no notice until day of application?

The new requirement since March, is that you maintain the 800k for 3 months  from when your extension is granted. Up to you to be aware, but they will likely make you sign a paper, saying you have seen these new requirements. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

CW was only asked to show leniency in 2019.   If the scenario you described occurs, in 2020 the extension renewal will most likely be denied.   If denied, the retirement extension process would have to be started over again from scratch with a new Non-Immigrant O visa.

3 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

CW was only asked to show leniency in 2019.   If the scenario you described occurs, in 2020 the extension renewal will most likely be denied.   If denied, the retirement extension process would have to be started over again from scratch with a new Non-Immigrant O visa.

I'm thinking some folk on extensions using money in bank, may opt for fixed deposit of 800k for entire year to avoid "slip ups". I had planned to do that. Then I had another plan to obtain my next extension as usual with no intention of maintaining the funds in bank after extension (I use CW no show bankbook at 3 month post). Before that until date would return to au and obtain an O-A visa. No big deal as I visit au couple times a yr. Now with the insurance requirement hanging over OA I'm back to keeping money in bank. Seems they are always a step ahead. Singjow Saigon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SEtonal said:

CW was only asked to show leniency in 2019.   If the scenario you described occurs, in 2020

There has to be leniency into 2020. Imagine a Non ImmO extender going to CW IO in 2019 without any knowledge of changes, gets the extension with 3 months of 800k in bank already - finding out it only had to be 2 months and now 3 after, then starts spending into it for next few days below 800k as was always done before since no other funds were planned for or expected needed. Next extension in 2020 would need some leniency to counter that and the rules applied fully come the 2021 extension. Not everyone sees the news, only go to CW once a year and its not like the IO are mailing everyone up front about the changes?

4 hours ago, SEtonal said:

If denied, the retirement extension process would have to be started over again from scratch with a new Non-Immigrant O visa.

How do you know this ????????????

Stop making statements like this unless you are 100% sure and Immigration have confimed

3 hours ago, Pib said:

No there doesn't.

Why not - do you work for the IO? I explained a scenario before where someone could be default under 800k and therefore blocked from renewing next year with one days notice?

4 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

There has to be leniency into 2020. Imagine a Non ImmO extender going to CW IO in 2019 without any knowledge of changes, gets the extension with 3 months of 800k in bank already - finding out it only had to be 2 months and now 3 after, then starts spending into it for next few days below 800k as was always done before...

People are being given a document to sign by IO acknowledging they have received the new rules requiring them to keep the 800k in bank for 3 mths after extension is granted and then 400k thereafter. So, anyone renewing since Mar 1 will have been properly notified. If all you have is the 800k and need it to live on and you spend it, then you will probably not be granted an extension the following year. That's my understanding. 

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Chaeng Wattana is going by the new 2 month rule. No problem there.

i'm sure they say they are, and they may even be handing out flyers.

i'm asking for any actual experience......has anyone applied for a retirement extension with 800k seasoned for 65 days, and reported here with the results?

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'm asking for any actual experience......has anyone applied for a retirement extension with 800k seasoned for 65 days, and reported here with the results?

I'm going on Wednesday of next week, with exactly two months of seasoning. Stay tuned.

Edited by attrayant
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Why not - do you work for the IO? I explained a scenario before where someone could be default under 800k and therefore blocked from renewing next year with one days notice?

Yes....and that would be the person's fault...maybe ignorance of the rule change...maybe many different reasons....but it still don't mean their will be leniency in 2020 like you think there should be.  If wishing...wish for leniency to 2025.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Yes....and that would be the person's fault...maybe ignorance of the rule change

It seems unfair to penalise a returning extender for not following the rule changes every day. I know people who just go to IO when the time is due once a year to extend using the rules they were given last time they visited the IO and may not have money in place the next few months to keep them over 800k and they never knew.

I was recently shown lenience at another IO for not knowing I needed a current TM30 from moment I landed in country but let off the fine. I expect to follow the rule now I have been told.

5 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

It seems unfair to penalise a returning extender for not following the rule changes every day. I know people who just go to IO when the time is due once a year to extend using the rules they were given last time they visited the IO and may not have money in place the next few months to keep them over 800k and they never knew.

I was recently shown lenience at another IO for not knowing I needed a current TM30 from moment I landed in country but let off the fine. I expect to follow the rule now I have been told.

Waiving a penalty fee for an unsubmitted form like the TM30 or being late on a 90 day report is night and day different from failing to meet income requirements and seasoning for renewal of extension of stay.

On 5/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, Pib said:

Waiving a penalty fee for an unsubmitted form like the TM30 or being late on a 90 day report is night and day different from failing to meet income requirements and seasoning for renewal of extension of stay.

Where does it say that in the immigration law? Breaking the rules is breaking the rules. No difference at all.

My point is if there are going to be rules they have to fair and give time for them to be acknowledged, not one days notice as will happen for many retirees extending for nth time not aware of changes until they turn up at IO to extend.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:52 PM, attrayant said:

I'm going on Wednesday of next week, with exactly two months of seasoning. Stay tuned.

I'm back and will update as promised.  The 2 month seasoning was accepted without question.  I had my 800K in the bank on March 22nd and today is May 22nd, which is two months and one day.

However, I ended up not getting my extension for another reason: The immigration officer noticed that this was my 4th retirement extension and wanted to see my financial proof going back those three prior years.  Basically she wants to do an audit of my entire history of retirement extensions before granting me another one.

Of course I didn't expect that so I had nothing to show her.  Now that I am home and looking back through old bank registers, there isn't enough detail to satisfy the officer because I rarely got the book updated.  I would have to go into the branch and ask for a detailed statement and the last time I did that, it took nearly ten business days to get it back and I've got only two days remaining on my current extension.  The immigration officer has made a demand that places me in an impossible situation.

So I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I've got two days to think about it.

• Like 1

I'm back and will update as promised.  The 2 month seasoning was accepted without question.  I had my 800K in the bank on March 22nd and today is May 22nd, which is two months and one day.

However, I ended up not getting my extension for another reason: The immigration officer noticed that this was my 4th retirement extension and wanted to see my financial proof going back those three prior years.  Basically she wants to do an audit of my entire history of retirement extensions before granting me another one.

Of course I didn't expect that so I had nothing to show her.  Now that I am home and looking back through old bank registers, there isn't enough detail to satisfy the officer because I rarely got the book updated.  I would have to go into the branch and ask for a detailed statement and the last time I did that, it took nearly ten business days to get it back and I've got only two days remaining on my current extension.  The immigration officer has made a demand that places me in an impossible situation.

Well, that’s a new one !!

Not sure what you can do about that if your financial records are not available for the last four years .
Maybe go back and see a different IO, cos the one you saw is surely making up the rules for fun !!
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Not sure what you can do about that if your financial records are not available for the last four years .
Maybe go back and see a different IO, cos the one you saw is surely making up the rules for fun !!

I've got only two days left on my current permission to stay.  I'm not too excited about using that time to play immigration officer roulette.  Perhaps the most ridiculous part is that they are the ones who should be keeping records.  THAT'S WHY THERE'S AN IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT.  If all those bank letters and copies I supplied at prior immigration visits are unavailable for checking, then what good are they in the first place?  Why even bother collecting them?

Imagine this level of competency at any other place of business.  Imagine going to the bank and having them ask you to bring in your past year's records because they're not quite sure how much money you've got in their bank!

Edited by attrayant
  • Like 1

I've got only two days left on my current permission to stay.  I'm not too excited about playing immigration officer roulette.  Perhaps the most ridiculous part is that they are the ones who should be keeping records.  THAT'S WHY THERE'S AN IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT.  If all those bank letters and copies I supplied at prior immigration visits are unavailable for checking, then what good are they in the first place?  Why even bother collecting them?

Imagine this level of competency at any other place of business.  Imagine going to the bank and having them ask you to bring in your past year's records because they're not quite sure how much money you've got in their bank!

Certainly a ridiculous requirement from them !!
Other than trying a different imm officer I have no other suggestions.

I wish you luck and hopefully this is not what is next on the cards for the rest of us !!

2 hours ago, attrayant said:

ridiculous.  will she be demanding bankbooks and copies of bank letters going back 20 years for long-stay retirees?  say you manage to get those, what's next....proof that the original deposit from xx years ago came from abroad?

i suspect she has a friend in the agent trade.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, attrayant said:

I've got only two days left on my current permission to stay.  I'm not too excited about using that time to play immigration officer roulette. 

Go back and take what you have to show them. What they asked for is a ridiculous request to see your records going back that far. Perhaps you could get a 6 months statement from you bank to show them as well.

You can only get a statement from your bank going back one year.

• Like 1

A truly ridiculous request.  During each extension application a person provides all the info the immigration officer....they review and approve (or disapprove) your extension....assuming it's approved they then file/store your application paperwork at the immigration office....for how long I don't know....maybe they scan it in and store it electronically (I may be wishing now).  So, proof is in the files "they have" in storage some where....or maybe scanned in and then they discarded the paperwork....but regardless, they were provided/have the proof they are asking for now. 

Ridiculous unless they have noticed irregular with your previous applications....but then that would get into the current immigration officer challenging previous-year approvals made by other immigration officers....and it's not in the nature of Thai bureaucracy to challenge Thai bureaucracy.

• Like 1

Posted Friday at 04:23 PM
3 hours ago, Pib said:
No there doesn't.

I was refused exactly one day before 3 months seasoning at Nong Khai in April.

Edited by khastan
  • Like 2