BANGKOK 20 June 2019 07:55
ChouDoufu

CW 800k retirement ext - 2 months?

800k now (according to the rules) must be seasoned for 2 months prior to application for

second and subsequent retirement extensions.

has anyone gotten their extension approved at CW with less than 3 months seasoning?

More important question is.

....have people been refused with only 2 month seasoning. Answer yes.

Chaeng Wattana is going by the new 2 month rule. No problem there.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Chaeng Wattana is going by the new 2 month rule. No problem there.

Just supposing I have been doing these extensions many years at CW and was unaware the rules had changed? Will I be given any leeway for letting my 800k balance drop (as I have always done before) the days following my extension? I might not have arranged enough money with no notice until day of application?

Edited by MJKT2014

10 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Just supposing I have been doing these extensions many years at CW and was unaware the rules had changed? Will I be given any leeway for letting my 800k balance drop (as I have always done before) the days following my extension? I might not have arranged enough money with no notice until day of application?

The new requirement since March, is that you maintain the 800k for 3 months  from when your extension is granted. Up to you to be aware, but they will likely make you sign a paper, saying you have seen these new requirements. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

CW was only asked to show leniency in 2019.   If the scenario you described occurs, in 2020 the extension renewal will most likely be denied.   If denied, the retirement extension process would have to be started over again from scratch with a new Non-Immigrant O visa.

3 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

CW was only asked to show leniency in 2019.   If the scenario you described occurs, in 2020 the extension renewal will most likely be denied.   If denied, the retirement extension process would have to be started over again from scratch with a new Non-Immigrant O visa.

I'm thinking some folk on extensions using money in bank, may opt for fixed deposit of 800k for entire year to avoid "slip ups". I had planned to do that. Then I had another plan to obtain my next extension as usual with no intention of maintaining the funds in bank after extension (I use CW no show bankbook at 3 month post). Before that until date would return to au and obtain an O-A visa. No big deal as I visit au couple times a yr. Now with the insurance requirement hanging over OA I'm back to keeping money in bank. Seems they are always a step ahead. Singjow Saigon

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Koh Samui immigration is going by the new 2 months rule prior to application too ? Thank you...

3 hours ago, SEtonal said:

CW was only asked to show leniency in 2019.   If the scenario you described occurs, in 2020

There has to be leniency into 2020. Imagine a Non ImmO extender going to CW IO in 2019 without any knowledge of changes, gets the extension with 3 months of 800k in bank already - finding out it only had to be 2 months and now 3 after, then starts spending into it for next few days below 800k as was always done before since no other funds were planned for or expected needed. Next extension in 2020 would need some leniency to counter that and the rules applied fully come the 2021 extension. Not everyone sees the news, only go to CW once a year and its not like the IO are mailing everyone up front about the changes?

Try telling an IO they have to be lenient when you've gone under 800k 

• Like 2

There has to be leniency into 2020.

No there doesn't.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SEtonal said:

If denied, the retirement extension process would have to be started over again from scratch with a new Non-Immigrant O visa.

How do you know this ????????????

Stop making statements like this unless you are 100% sure and Immigration have confimed

3 hours ago, Pib said:

No there doesn't.

Why not - do you work for the IO? I explained a scenario before where someone could be default under 800k and therefore blocked from renewing next year with one days notice?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

There has to be leniency into 2020. Imagine a Non ImmO extender going to CW IO in 2019 without any knowledge of changes, gets the extension with 3 months of 800k in bank already - finding out it only had to be 2 months and now 3 after, then starts spending into it for next few days below 800k as was always done before...

People are being given a document to sign by IO acknowledging they have received the new rules requiring them to keep the 800k in bank for 3 mths after extension is granted and then 400k thereafter. So, anyone renewing since Mar 1 will have been properly notified. If all you have is the 800k and need it to live on and you spend it, then you will probably not be granted an extension the following year. That's my understanding. 

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1