Is John Bolton the most dangerous man in the world?

Just after one month on the job, Bolton gave Tump the final push he needed to withdraw from the Iran nuclear agreement, which at the time was (and still is, for now) successfully boxing in Iran’s nuclear program and blocking all pathways for Iran to build a bomb. The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) – as the Iran deal is formally known – was the biggest obstacle to Bolton’s drive for a regime change war, because it eliminated a helpful pretext that served so useful to sell the war in Iraq 17 years ago.

Since walking away from the deal, the Trump administration has claimed that with a “maximum pressure” campaign against Iran, it can achieve a “better deal” that magically turns Iran into a Jeffersonian democracy bowing to every and any American wish. But this has always been a fantastically bad-faith argument meant to obscure the actual goal (regime change) and provide cover for the incremental steps – the crushing sanctions, bellicose rhetoric, and antagonizing military maneuvers – that have now put the United States closer to war with Iran than it has been since at least the latter half of the Bush administration, or perhaps ever.

So, I ask, is Bolton the most dangerous man in the world, at this point in time?

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So, I ask, is Bolton the most dangerous man in the world, at this point in time?

Yes.

And he might take Trump down with him if he goads him into an ME war. Trump can kiss the economy and 2020 goodbye in that case. But I think he understands that.

Archived