Am I doing thailand wrong?

This is my 3rd trip to thailand over the decade and each one 2 months long (last one longer since I plan to stay)

I have yet to go inside a go go bar that was enclosed with poles/ect. 

I rarely drink

Just stay with my thai gf in her condo room and be online.

I like the professional massages and less stress then the west.

I see guys having a different gf every night, some multiple.    But I am in a boring relationship with little money as my stocks are down.

Thoughts?Am I doing thailand wrong? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skip online crap.  Sheeet you can do online back in your home country.  Go see Thailand.  Karon beach on Phuket.  Take ferry over to Ao Nang for a nice quiet scenic place.  You like to reflect?  Take the bus up to Sukhothai the ancient ruins are fantastic to walk around.  A few days in Bangkok for sure.  Some very impressive temples there.  Nothing wrong with relaxing while on vacation.  Heck the thing I like about Pattaya is my biggest decision of the day may be whether to turn right or to turn left when I walk out of the hotel in the morning (or afternoon if I slept in)!   But sitting in the condo online.. don't do that too much.   Nong Nooch, the Dusit zoo in Bangkok, the Kew open zoo north of Pattaya.  You are in the tropics, put on some shorts and a T shirt and have some walk abouts.

1 minute ago, gk10002000 said:

Skip online crap.  Sheeet you can do online back in your home country.  Go see Thailand.  Karon beach on Phuket.  Take ferry over to Ao Nang for a nice quiet scenic place.  You like to reflect?  Take the bus up to Sukhothai the ancient ruins are fantastic to walk around.  A few days in Bangkok for sure.  Some very impressive temples there.  Nothing wrong with relaxing while on vacation.  Heck the thing I like about Pattaya is my biggest decision of the day may be whether to turn right or to turn left when I walk out of the hotel in the morning (or afternoon if I slept in)!   But sitting in the condo online.. don't do that too much.   Nong Nooch, the Dusit zoo in Bangkok, the Kew open zoo north of Pattaya.  You are in the tropics, put on some shorts and a T shirt and have some walk abouts.

ha thanks.  Shieeet a whitey does not have much funds though.  I plan to stay in SE asia for a long time and am waiting on job offers. 

You are right about turning left or right..... 

But am I missing much by not going to go gos?

54 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

ha thanks.  Shieeet a whitey does not have much funds though.  I plan to stay in SE asia for a long time and am waiting on job offers. 

That depends on what you like or dislike.  If no money, well then online and in the condo so be it. 

5 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

Sure. You don't have to be in Thailand to sit in a room and do online staff.

The way you behave I guess it's better if you stay far away from Thailand. We won't miss you.

11 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

You are about 18 years too late for the gogos.

In the mid 90s before the financial crash and many expats lost their high paying jobs they were legendary.

I lived in Pattaya for a year about 10 years ago, and never bothered. Having a drink in a roadside barbeer on Walking Street was way more fun and cost little.

Well, if you're short of money and enjoy spending time with your gf and being online, more power to you.

Thailand outside the condo, though, can be fun, even on a little money.  Go out to the extent your budget allows and see a bit of what there is to see.  If you've never been to a go-go, sure, go once to see what it's about -- why not? -- but there are a lot of other, more fun ways to enjoy Thailand.

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are about 18 years too late for the gogos.

In the mid 90s before the financial crash and many expats lost their high paying jobs they were legendary.

I lived in Pattaya for a year about 10 years ago, and never bothered. Having a drink in a roadside barbeer on Walking Street was way more fun and cost little.

How were the gogos 18 years ago?  How are they know?

6 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

How were the gogos 18 years ago?  How are they know?

Have you ever considered going to a Go Go and take a look around yourself?

- By all means, keep us posted what job offers you got so far.

20 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

Just stay with my thai gf in her condo room and be online.

that is because she wants you there. they all do.

stand up. say "bye honey i want to see Thailand."

go to the train station or bus to train and pick a direction and ride.

On 5/17/2019 at 2:03 AM, DingDongLing said:

I have yet to go inside a go go bar that was enclosed with poles/ect. 

I rarely drink

Very doubtful with a username like that.

I bet that was your first stop.

On 5/17/2019 at 2:44 AM, DingDongLing said:

You are waiting on job offers?? And I am waiting for the price of land to come down.

If you are invested in US stocks and your stocks are down, you better change investors.....how can one be down at 25,500?

no money no honey anyway so what are you going to do in the bar scene?

coming over here not frequently and spending your time in GF’s condo....what about seeing the country and culture?

If you are letting what other people do/think run your life, you're doing life wrong.

If you are asking "Am I doing Thailand wrong"? ... you're asking the wrong question.

Do whatever you want. 

If you want a taste of what Thailand has to offer, go exploring.  Go to rural areas, predominately

Thai destinations, eat local cuisine, study the language - or stay with the wee woman, totally

up to you.

On 5/17/2019 at 2:40 AM, gk10002000 said:

when it's 106 outside, sitting in my condo with the cat and A/C is not too bad

19 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

If you want a taste of what Thailand has to offer, go exploring.  Go to rural areas, predominately Thai destinations, eat local cuisine, study the language ...

That is, of course, if you believe that in your own country going to visit the peasants in the countryside would give you a better feel for what's genuine. It's all part of the Enlightenment myth of the Noble Savage, which holds that the less contact someone has with the big city the more "genuine" they are

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

More like Thailand doing us wrong with all the unnecessary hoop

jumping that we have to go through.

Stay positive Possum. !   LOL

Come to walking street it's a BLAST!  You don't have to drink or do short time, just look...but if you want more, it's ALL for the taking...welcome to the Land of Smiles.

Whats the worst That can happen?

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You could catch HIV and die a slow lingering death.

No Glove, NO love...that takes care of the HIV part.  

As for death, we are ALL dying slowly everyday.  I drive by Pattaya laughing as I view all the guys sitting in the bars with one beer in one hand, a cig in the other ALL day.  But they are happy!!!  How much more worse is that?  Probably a matter of perspective in the end...

There is a world of ladyboy experience waiting for you out there. Live a little.

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

that is because she wants you there. they all do.

stand up. say "bye honey i want to see Thailand."

go to the train station or bus to train and pick a direction and ride.

Or just go trainspotting, but it requires patience in Thailand. Sit well away from the tracks.

Archived