Am I doing thailand wrong?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
starting to get tired here with the gf

Get a new gf.

And get a bike.

It’s dangerous, but every day you survive is a day you feel truly alive. Double bonus if the gf rides on the back, or you ride with a group.

Outside the tourist areas, TH is cheap and beautiful. Enjoy.

Its funny that I am trying to save money but living with this fat sexless gf of mine is costing me more in visa fine 1600 and feeding her and her asking of money and some bills.  She earns 2000 a workday but still tries to use me. 

A fake post by a mysoginist. What does K.U.N.T. Stand for?

On 5/20/2019 at 3:02 AM, DingDongLing said:

Its funny that I am trying to save money but living with this fat sexless gf of mine is costing me more in visa fine 1600 and feeding her and her asking of money and some bills.  She earns 2000 a workday but still tries to use me. 

Visa fine ?

On 5/17/2019 at 2:40 AM, gk10002000 said:

Skip online crap.  Sheeet you can do online back in your home country.  Go see Thailand.  Karon beach on Phuket.  Take ferry over to Ao Nang for a nice quiet scenic place.  You like to reflect?  Take the bus up to Sukhothai the ancient ruins are fantastic to walk around.  A few days in Bangkok for sure.  Some very impressive temples there.  Nothing wrong with relaxing while on vacation.  Heck the thing I like about Pattaya is my biggest decision of the day may be whether to turn right or to turn left when I walk out of the hotel in the morning (or afternoon if I slept in)!   But sitting in the condo online.. don't do that too much.   Nong Nooch, the Dusit zoo in Bangkok, the Kew open zoo north of Pattaya.  You are in the tropics, put on some shorts and a T shirt and have some walk abouts.

For some of us it's daft and simply too hot to be gallavanting around in the 35C+ heat that is prevalent all over Thailand. You've seen one tourist attraction you've seen 'em all.

Sitting by a pool or in air conditioned comfort and only going out to sample the night life when it cools down a few degrees seems much more sensible to us.

On 5/17/2019 at 9:15 AM, DingDongLing said:

How were the gogos 18 years ago?  How are they know?

The parallels are startling! Almost 40 years ago, having eschewed gogo bars on previous visits for no other reason than I honestly didn't know they even existed, I visited one for the first time on my third trip to Thailand.

See what happens???!!!

No, you're not doing Thailand wrong. Go Go bars and hookers are overrated, and while you might have a few pleasant memories, your wallet will suffer.

As others have mentioned, get out and about, as there are some great places to explore.

You've got it right, while the majority have it wrong!!!

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, DingDongLing said:

How were the gogos 18 years ago?  How are they know?

18 years ago was just before Thaksin ruined them, but after the financial crash, so not as good as mid 90s. The curse of the internet phone had not yet struck, so some were great still.

How are they (sic) now?

I've even seen obese girls in them, and the "music" is dire, so IMO not worth bothering with anymore. I'd like to hear from some newbie though, as they may think they are OK if they haven't anything to compare with. Need a lot more cash than in the old days though, and perhaps ear plugs.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:03 AM, yogi100 said:

For some of us it's daft and simply too hot to be gallavanting around in the 35C+ heat that is prevalent all over Thailand. You've seen one tourist attraction you've seen 'em all.

Sitting by a pool or in air conditioned comfort and only going out to sample the night life when it cools down a few degrees seems much more sensible to us.

Oh dear, perhaps you don't realise that the Chiang Mai area is a high part of Thailand. It gets quite cool up there and the scenery is magic up in the hills.

Only someone that hasn't seen much would claim that "You've seen one tourist attraction you've seen 'em all. I saw a lot in my years in LOS and still hadn't seen 'em all.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear, perhaps you don't realise that the Chiang Mai area is a high part of Thailand. It gets quite cool up there and the scenery is magic up in the hills.

Only someone that hasn't seen much would claim that "You've seen one tourist attraction you've seen 'em all. I saw a lot in my years in LOS and still hadn't seen 'em all.

Looking at the weather, CM is <deleted> hot

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear, perhaps you don't realise that the 35C that is the temperature right now in CM is bloody hot in anyone's language. I don't call that 'quite cool' at all!

I come from the much cooler climate of the UK and find very hot temeratures oppressive and exhausting. I would not contemplate traveling around in such heat and I would never even consider doing so.

Some Englishmen might relish going out with the mad dogs in the midday sun but I'm not one of them.

Ex pats are said to become acclimatised after a while but I am not an ex pat and neither do I intend becoming one.

I'm happy with the 29 degrees we're currently experiencing down in Pattaya even though it sometimes hits 33C.

That 29C is hot enough for me.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:41 PM, yogi100 said:

Oh dear, perhaps you don't realise that the 35C that is the temperature right now in CM is bloody hot in anyone's language. I don't call that 'quite cool' at all!

I come from the much cooler climate of the UK and find very hot temeratures oppressive and exhausting. I would not contemplate traveling around in such heat and I would never even consider doing so.

Some Englishmen might relish going out with the mad dogs in the midday sun but I'm not one of them.

Ex pats are said to become acclimatised after a while but I am not an ex pat and neither do I intend becoming one.

I'm happy with the 29 degrees we're currently experiencing down in Pattaya even though it sometimes hits 33C.

That 29C is hot enough for me.

Oh dear, do I have to include the ( what I thought everyone understood ) fact that the Chiang Mai/ Rai area has a cool season, for people to understand that it does get cool up there?

It's HOT SEASON now, so obviously it's going to be hot up there.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear, do I have to include the ( what I thought everyone understood ) fact that the Chiang Mai/ Rai area has a cool season, for people to understand that it does get cool up there?

It's HOT SEASON now, so obviously it's going to be hot up there.

But what do you call 'cool'.

They also have a so called 'cool' season in Pattaya around January when it might be a degree or two less hot but never the less even then it's too hot for me and thousands of other holiday makers to even consider galavanting around Thailand. No one I know does because they don't actually want to and are more than happy with their few weeks break right where they are in Pattaya.

You may prefer Chiang Mai but regular visitors to Pattaya prefer Pattaya.

It's a matter of simple personal choice and while I may not be as familiar with the weather patterns of CM as you obviously are there is no call to be so rude and condescending about it.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

But what do you call 'cool'.

They also have a so called 'cool' season in Pattaya around January when it might be a degree or two less hot but never the less even then it's too hot for me and thousands of other holiday makers to even consider galavanting around Thailand. No one I know does because they don't actually want to and are more than happy with their few weeks break right where they are in Pattaya.

You may prefer Chiang Mai but regular visitors to Pattaya prefer Pattaya.

It's a matter of simple personal choice and while I may not be as familiar with the weather patterns of CM as you obviously are there is no call to be so rude and condescending about it.

Apologies, but not intending to be rude or condescending.

The thread is about someone that queries that he may not be getting the most out of Thailand. I am merely pointing out that in Chiang Mai/ Rai it gets cool. Cool enough for the Thais to wear ski jackets. If he is reluctant to get out because of the heat, he can go there in the cool season. The train is cheap and local transport is everywhere.

The scenery up in the hills there is wonderful. 

I lived in Pattaya and visited many times before that, so I know the difference in temperature between them.

Archived