The Nation to cease print edition and focus on digital market

webfact

What use annoy me was the price difference a Thai newspapper, when I last looked a long time ago was 15 baht, and they are a lot of them and The Nation and BP was 30 baht? I know the English printed newspapers have a lower circulation I always thought that was a big price difference.

I suppose it will save a few acres of trees a day. 

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Not from the news stand. But when I have a nice breakfast in a restaurant or hotel I like to look at a real newspaper.

I switched from a newspaper to a Huawei Mediapad m5.  Great graphics, fast and can also handle phone calls.  So I can read the news while I eat and have both hands free for the fork and knife.  The case doubles as a stand and turns the tablet on and off.  Small and light enough to fit in my bag.  When I get tired of the news the local ladies are live on the tablet too so I rarely eat breakfast alone. 

huawei_media_pad_m5_review_7.jpg

15 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Was never any good for that anyway. Every time I  pooped I ended up with a black bum from the poor newsprint quality. Only way I could remove was to use that other paper we can not mention. ????

The Bangkok Post is just as effective, or otherwise, in it's attributes as The Nation, whatever you consider them to be. 

What's the paper "we cannot mention"?

3 hours ago, greeneking said:

Always sad to see a newspaper disappear.  They tried, in an increasingly frustrating and difficult marketplace.

It will not be replaced by anything more likely to inform us what is really going on here.

Computer Crimes Act etc etc.

Bangkok Post, keep pushing.  When they warn you not to 'cross the line', keep finding ways to rub it out.

Agreed it is sad to see an institution like a newspaper go. But, if I had to pick one to remain, it would have been Bangkok post. 

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I switched from a newspaper to a Huawei Mediapad m5.  Great graphics, fast and can also handle phone calls.  So I can read the news while I eat and have both hands free for the fork and knife.  The case doubles as a stand and turns the tablet on and off.  Small and light enough to fit in my bag.  When I get tired of the news the local ladies are live on the tablet too so I rarely eat breakfast alone. 

Only on thaivisa would someone feel the need to bring the "local ladies" into a post about the death of a newspaper. 

The CEO, citing a survey, pointed out that only 36 per cent of The Nation’s readers are based in Thailand while the remaining 64 per cent live overseas, including 25 per cent in the United States.

very surprising statistics, clearly the editorial team failed to make it more relevant to those living in thailand.

8 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

News on an electronic device. What a great idea. Why didn't I think about that?

8 hours ago, gunderhill said:

I  hope yer arse is  cleaner than yer bog????

Squeeky clean, no worries. I got my bumgun set to 5bar 15min spray. The paper edition would've been perfect for drying, instead I must now sit on the throne trolling TVF for 1h while waiting for the nether regions to dry.

There is really no credible English newspapers here anymore, Nation has really gone down in quality the last 15 months and The Bangkok post is merely a newsletter of Central Group and their friends, worst is the Bangkok Post online version, they even resort to controlling and manipulating the likes and dislikes functions. I think that it will be a great opportunity for either Dan Cheeseman and Timothy Newton to start a printed English newspaper version. With the tons of high spending falangs here, one of them is going to be laughing his way to the bank on a daily basis.

Maybe it’s my imagination but The Bangkok Post has really toned down their articles or editorials...I think with the regime in charge, all news agencies are afraid to publish anything “thought provoking” or questioning any action done by the various government departments. I get more information and various opinions by reading the “farang” comments on Thai Visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived