BANGKOK
webfact

More youngsters dying in road accidents

On 5/17/2019 at 7:16 PM, samuttodd said:

Safety Last

1/9 helmet/no helmet ratio

these were taken in the span of about 2 minutes on a local roadway.

Why don't they put up mobile police photo/radar  trailers at various spots in town?   If a vehicle is speeding,  or moped goes by with non helmeted riders,  a ticket and fine are mailed to the registered owner based on the license plate in the photos. 

I know it is a shitty deal,  but it would generate revenue for the local police force which could be used to train them and maybe pay them a real salary, and would get people to at least wear their helmets more.

safety last.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I think they are working on systems like this.

They already have automatic camera based systems here and there for red lights and illegal lane changes here and there. I got 2 letter in the mail each 500 thb fine.

The problem currently is that they have not connected the fines with the database when you get vehicle tax registration.

Practically this means that nothing happens if you don't pay the fine. Most people simply ignore the fines and nothing happens.

Since connecting the fines to the database was announced as a work in progress a few years ago we gotta assume that they hired some huge morons to do the job so the system will probably not work in a long time and people will simply keep ignoring the fines and say that there must be something wrong with the system if it's found out.. maybe I'm pessimistic..

On 5/17/2019 at 3:36 AM, webfact said:

“We need to educate parents about the risk of "________________."

If I had a baht for every time I've heard one of these pinheads begin a sentence with these words, then I'd be able to buy a Mercedes Benz for every man, woman and child in Thailand.

On 5/19/2019 at 11:27 AM, hobz said:

.. maybe I'm pessimistic..

Thats the only way to live in Thailand, being Optimistic will get you nowhere but frustrated.