Thai government health care for Thai lady married to a foreigner

Pungdo

Hi, I am getting a little tired of the BS that comes out of my wifes mouth and having bills conveyed to me verbally and never having ever seen an actual bill for anything.

Now that I have that off my chest, my wife is telling me her health insurance (which costs more than mine and I'm 18 years older) is due, but once again there is no actual bill being presented to me, I suggested that if she can't produce an actual renewal advice I won't be paying it and she can just avail herself of the healthcare provided at the government hospitals, I'm not entirely sure how that works though.

She claims that because we are legally married and she has my surname that she can no longer get that cheap healthcare, is this true or just another one of her bald faced lies.

She claims that there are quite a lot of things she is no longer entitled to because she has a falang surname.

Absolutely untrue.

As long as she is a a Thai citizen she is eligible for care under the govt system . Marriage to a foreigner has no effect on this. Nor on any other government benefits.

As she almost certainly knows this, it sounds like you have some real problems to contend with.

I very much doubt she has a private health insurance policy at all.

As to how to go about using the government health system, she already knows how. They all do. The main "glitch" that arises is when people are listed in a tabian ban (house registration) somewhere far from where they live as except in a real emergency they are required to utilize the government hospital which serves the place they are registered at. Can be solved by changing registration to where she actually lives.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Pungdo said:

She claims that there are quite a lot of things she is no longer entitled to because she has a falang surname.

Doesn't seem to have affected my (former) wife, she took my name and kept it after the divorce.

As for bills, never put money in the outstretched hand.

Pay all bills yourself, directly at the office of the company concerned, 7-11, or using the relevant apps on your phone.

Electric, water, internet, can all be paid on their company smartphone apps.

Government hospital,

the Thai registers at the hospital in their house book area, and after that all treatment at that nominated hospital is 30bht (or less).

Good luck, sounds like you'll need some.

She's not necessarily pulling a fast one, as it's possible she's being told all sorts of nonsense by other people.

She does of course qualify for free Thai health care at a government hospital. It is said that this is quite comprehensive coverage, but you have to rough it.  Consequently, many Thais prefer to upgrade, or go private.

Pungdo why are you still married to this woman?

She is nothing but a liar, for your own sanity get the hell out now.

I am talking from personal experience, my ex would lie about anything, just to get more money.

If you just hand her money to pay "bills" without invoice and receipt, then you need to look at your behaviours and have a discussion with your partner about this matter and financial management in general.

Perhaps your partner is using the money for clothing or saving it for a rainy day?????

Old saying "A fool and his money are soon parted"  

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps your partner is using the money for clothing or saving it for a rainy day?????

Suspect much more likely to be - is she absent for periods of time by chance?

Image result for thai card gambling

On 5/17/2019 at 6:02 PM, colinneil said:

Pungdo why are you still married to this woman?

She is nothing but a liar, for your own sanity get the hell out now.

I am talking from personal experience, my ex would lie about anything, just to get more money.

will take ur advice also. Stupid girls thinking they can fool us.  Then get upset when we know

On 5/17/2019 at 10:21 PM, mommysboy said:

She's not necessarily pulling a fast one, as it's possible she's being told all sorts of nonsense by other people.

She does of course qualify for free Thai health care at a government hospital. It is said that this is quite comprehensive coverage, but you have to rough it.  Consequently, many Thais prefer to upgrade, or go private.

Are the demands for cash along with dubious verbal reasons because of big pressure from her parents or siblings and perhaps she's even frightened of them?

My Thai nephew had to sort this one out, he quickly proved that the demands were actually coming from his wife's ruthless scaly older brother and sister who his wife was afraid of.

Archived