Money Exchange - Best Rates

bbi1

Where's the best place to get the best rates when exchanging cash at a money exchange place in Pattaya? When I walked around the rates offered by all seem to be very close to each other and the highest I've seen in from T. T. Exchange. Are they the highest or are any others better?

TT is generally the best. IF there is a place better it will be only marginally better.  The bigger factor is you will see rates get better the further away you get from a tourist attraction like Walking Street, Central Festival, Beach Road, LK Metro, etc.

45 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

TT is generally the best. IF there is a place better it will be only marginally better.  The bigger factor is you will see rates get better the further away you get from a tourist attraction like Walking Street, Central Festival, Beach Road, LK Metro, etc.

Absolutely wrong! The rates tend to be the best in the heavily tourist traffic areas, where there are many currency exchange shops, volumes are high and competition is strong. As you get away from the tourist areas, the exchange shops sell convenience for a price -- lower exchange rates. Check out the many exchange shops on Soi Buakhow and you will find the best rates in Pattaya, TT typically being the highest/best. And, regardless of the location -- Soi Buakhow, 2nd Road or Naklua -- I have found no difference in the exchange rates (for US Dollars; I haven't checked other currencies) offered by TT. Currency exchange shops do not follow the restaurant business model -- there is absolutely no product differentiation.:wai:

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

When I walked around the rates offered by all seem to be very close to each other and the highest I've seen in from T. T. Exchange. Are they the highest or are any others better?

Indeed very little difference between the booths (NOT banks).

To squeeze out the last 5 Satang you can look at the booth in Soi Diana at the Family Mart right side of the Areca Lodge hotel.

To have an idea, just open this site:

https://daytodaydata.net/

Select <your currency> vs. THB and currency type "Notes".

Check the best rates that you see (SIA, Vasu, Superrich).

(check update time)

Everything coming close to 5 Satang is a good rate.

I don't use them, but a friend who does always goes to a certain gold shop locally that beats bank prices.  Not quite Forex midmarket, but close enough and convenient enough.

He sometimes is looking for someone who wants AUD while he wants THB, if a friend has the opposite requirement to him then that's his first choice, and bypass the middleman.

35 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

Best rate is sending bitcoin here ????  no fees. haha

But TT is 2nd for fiat rates

Send Bitcoin where??? There are no Bitcoin ATMs anywhere in Pattaya as far as I'm aware.

And there are fees for every BTC transaction when you buy it and when you sell it, or when you transfer it to any BTC address.

11 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

You can do same at TT on 2nd road main office

Where abouts on 2nd Rd is the main TT office? There's quite a few small TT booths I've walked past on 2nd Rd but never seen a big office. Is it one of these marked on Google Maps? https://www.google.com/search?q=tt+exchange+main+office&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=12941033,100883217,1746&tbm=lcl&ved=2ahUKEwizqaX1oKLiAhXMv48KHXTwBmoQtgN6BAgKEAQ&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:!1m2!1d12.943350407585843!2d100.90330975024267!2m2!1d12.919216243297486!2d100.85541622607275!4m2!1d12.931283617207063!2d100.87936298815771!5i15

Best rates albeit marginally above TT is the Red Top Currency exchange 50 metres down Soi 8 from 2nd rd end or Sabai exchanger until atlantic Bar soi 3 who out of interest will take any old note no matter what state they're in lol.

Unless you changing big bundles just as well stick to Yellow TTs as all over the place

17 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Where abouts on 2nd Rd is the main TT office?

The link in your post does not work for me.

This is the headquarter on 2nd rd. (not far from South Pattaya rd.)

https://www.facebook.com/ttexchange/photos/a.1493302790949426/1493302814282757/?type=3&theater

https://goo.gl/maps/bKk2AZfhLYT3KC5b6

3 hours ago, oznomad said:

Beware TT imposters.

They have the same yellow and black signage, but have slightly different names (TG etc) and of course a worse rate.

yes there is one looking the same as TT on soi Buakhow, on the left when going direction Pattaya Tai also yellow but NOT TT

Archived