Why has Thai Visa mellowed?

elgenon

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Like I said, freedom of speech. Otherwise, what's the point of TV?

Looks like you are going to get this thread closed down because of your inability to conform to the rules 

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As one that hated going to immigration, I'm sure they just think up ways to make it more difficult for us to stay, none of which would be published before turning up to do an extension, and which were not a national requirement, just a local invention.

Checking for any changes in any local immigration offices requirements has been par for the course for a fair while now. Anyone with a few miles on their Thai clock that still insists that things should be same-same all over the country hasn't really been paying much attention.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What government cares about expats so much it forces them to have to turn up at 4 am just to get an appointment to be able to stay and spend money in their country?

They stopped doing that (only) at Chiang Mai some time after you left.

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Are you making the point you have not mellowed? We are talking about Thai Visa, not about you.

I think you and a few others missed my sarcasm. Dry humor. Ark, ark.

22 minutes ago, Shot said:

I think you and a few others missed my sarcasm. Dry humor. Ark, ark.

How can one miss something that wasn't there?

======================================================

After a while TV becomes like a mother who has to listen at length to her children telling her with enthusiasm about something they learned at school that she already knows.

I still don't know where i can buy school laces in Tak.

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

How can one miss something that wasn't there?

======================================================

After a while TV becomes like a mother who has to listen at length to her children telling her with enthusiasm about something they learned at school that she already knows.

I still don't know where i can buy school laces in Tak.

"Try 7-11. Normally located in a little area with paper scissors pencils etc."

On 5/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, villagefarang said:

I keep my rose colored glasses shiny and spotless but can’t be bothered to post as often as I did in years past. There just doesn’t seem to be much point. 

thank you.  

On 5/17/2019 at 9:43 AM, elgenon said:

were heavily occupied by ex-pats spewing hate and diatribe. What happened?

And immature crap like topics about bum guns" , "murdering snakes"..etc..

Than God for the change (but still a way's to go methinks, maybe the new regs. will sort that out).

On 5/17/2019 at 2:56 PM, seasia said:

I think you have it right, although I have some catching up to do, only 2 posters here on ignore.

I am exactly the same as you in your last line comment.

Slightly off topic I guess but am a member on a few investment/stock trading boards.

On the 2nd largest UK based one I did manage to get my ignore list up to 46.

Only ever for insults, never for difference of opinion.

I had some fairly vicious/hateful attacks yet I always post clearly and politely ( OK maybe  a rare exception or two but in those cases if I feel I have been harsh, I apologise.)

Unfortunately they made a platform change recently and it is now no longer possible to place a poster on ignore.

Something I notice here is if someone states they have decided to leave Thailand , for whatever reason, they do seem to come under attack.

A shame as I think it is interesting to hear of alternatives.

If you are speaking of this platform on TV "ignore" is still there just waive the little arrow over the avatar and it's there, my pet hate on this subject are the snipers who come in halfway through a discussion and pick on a few posters for some silly misunderstanding they have made, offer nothing to the discussion in question then vanish as all good snipers do before anyone can get back at them, OK rant over!

Just a lull between wave sets. 

Hi,

Well, like, I just came to Thailand and met a girl in Patio Beach.  She's super nice, seems different than her co-workers but I'm confused by her amazing but deepish sounding voice.

Is this normal? 

Appreciate advice from all you old salts.  TIA.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

How would you know , you only joined last month ?

been here for over 6 years, what joining in last month has to do with anything.... if you have nothing interesting to say just keep it quiet

Just now, batata said:

been here for over 6 years, what joining in last month has to do with anything.... if you have nothing interesting to say just keep it quiet

Should know by now then that mentioning moderation will get the post deleted and face a possible suspension 

On 17 May 2019 at 3:58 PM, possum1931 said:

Good post, now if we could just get rid off these members of the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade.

Who is the collective 'we' you refer to?

I don't hide from the fact that I have used the term on occasions and will contuinue to do so where it is warranted or the forum rules are changed to disallow it.

I have also used it in Australia when faced by incessantly whining new immigrants.

You have your views, I have mine.

You opinion has no more strength than mine.

I am not a nazi.

Archived