Medical Cannabis

Boit

I can't find a doctor to give a medical certificate to register for Medical Cannabis. Is anybody registering? Is it safe/risk-free and confidential, no problems in the future for Immigration and visa, professional license, police? Can register in Chonburi FDA? Please advise. 

Would cannabis that does not get you stoned be okay? I’m talking about high CBD levels, and almost zero THC. 

Like North Star CBD weed. High levels of CBD.....but almost 0% THC.

It won’t get you high. 

Or do you want the high THC stuff that gets you wasted? 

A post concerning illegal activity has been removed.

This is very early days indeed re medical cannabis in Thailand and it is very very hard to find a doctor to prescribe, I have not heard of anyone succeeding.

Bear in mind still not cannabis products registered with the Thai FDA for medical use and no training etc yet to medical practitioners.

A lot of the implementation details have yet to be ironed out. The law reclassifying it as a Class 2 rather than Class 5 narcotic was just last minth, these things take time.

Suggest you get a Thai speaker to phone the government health hot line and ask about this. Sorry - I don't have the 4-digit number at hand.

I did contact Samitivej Hospital but they said none of their doctors were approved.

I did go to the local Amphur to ask if I could obtain a medical marijuana health card, and this seemed possible but involved getting copies of my passport translated into Thai and authenticated by the British Embassy and Chaeng Wattana, which was jumping through too many hoops for my liking.

Please let us know if you manage to find an approved doctor who can issue prescriptions/certificate for medical marijuana.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, Sheryl said:

A post concerning illegal activity has been removed.

This is very early days indeed re medical cannabis in Thailand and it is very very hard to find a doctor to prescribe, I have not heard of anyone succeeding.

Bear in mind still not cannabis products registered with the Thai FDA for medical use and no training etc yet to medical practitioners.

A lot of the implementation details have yet to be ironed out. The law reclassifying it as a Class 2 rather than Class 5 narcotic was just last minth, these things take time.

Yes, as you say, doctors are not prescribing yet.  Two of my doctors here have already tentatively approved me but as you say, these things take time.  One of the doctors (Gastroenterologist)  has a close friend on the “committee” so he has kept me apprised of the situation and the other (Psychiatrist) works in the criminal justice system and has also told me that I would be approved but again...all the procedures are not in place yet.

P.S.   It will be nothing like the American mmj system where you can walk into a dispensary and have a choice of 50 different strains, oils, waxes, shatter, edibles, topicals etc.  It will be a “tincture” (his words, not mine).  I know nothing beyond that.

Archived