Easy Pass in Pattaya?

mickyr55

Can anyone help me please, I wish to get an Easy Pass can I get one in Pattaya been on the Website but application form seems to be only for holders of id cards I had heard that only Thai nationals can get pass but I don't think that's correct.

Easy pass uses an app, and is basically good for Bangkok based people.

For Pattaya people the 'M Pass' is better, as anyone can purchase and top up at any Krungthai Bank. Initial purchase is 1,000 baht (or more if you wish).

It is not tied to any car number, and the name is also not important, only must provide ID/Passport at initial purchase.

3 minutes ago, thainet said:

For Pattaya people the 'M Pass' is better, as anyone can purchase and top up at any Krungthai Bank. Initial purchase is 1,000 baht (or more if you wish).

It is not tied to any car number, and the name is also not important, only must provide ID/Passport at initial purchase.

Thanks for your reply I have account at KT so I will be off to see them shortly ????

Actually thats a new requirement from when I did my M-Pass.

I dont stick the dongle very securely on the windshield, as I move it from which car I am driving that particular day. ie: take car A to Bangkok today, but take car B to Bangkok another day. Saves having 2 M-Pass accounts.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:01 AM, thainet said:

hello, why Mpass is better ? thanks.

2 hours ago, longball53098 said:

IMHO Easy Pass is better but more difficult to get. M Pass can be bought from any Kaisikorn Bank I believe but does not offer many options for topping it up when needed

Krunthai Bank, the blue one, not Kasikorn the green one.

Easy pass is operated by the expressway company, only in Bangkok

M Pass is by the highway department, via Krungthai (government) Bank, 

M pass can only be topped up at Krungthai Bank

Easy pass can be topped up at any expressway office, hence it's more convenient, but if you only travel in Pattaya, there is no difference if you can only top up at the bank

Sometime the Bank will have a mobile truck at the motorway service station or temporarily inside the office at the motorway (hwy7) tolls where  you can sign up/top up 

Most branch of Krungthai bank in Pattaya will have M-Pass, if not they will order one for you.

Otherwise the end of the Bangna expressway in Chonburi is the office where you can turn up, pay and get Easy Pass right away that's closest to Pattaya

I stand corrected on the bank name and buying the MPass. It indeed is KTB.

Does a person need a KTB account to purchase the M Pass?  If not how can the M Pass be topped up? The website shows via the KTB ATM. Can a person use any bank's atm card to top up a M Pass?

Easy pass has a lot more flexible ways to top up but more difficult to buy it initially. 

• 6 months later...

Here my recent experience

Since m-pass and easy-pass are now equally accepted, it does not matter which one you use for driving. So I decided for m-pass as you can get it more easily. 

Went to Krungthai bank (light blue one) on Khao Talo, you need car blue book and an ID, eithter wife ID or my passport. Took about 10 minutes and 1'000 Baht, then you get the reader for the car and a KTB e-money VISA card with the barcode of the m-pass on the back. This card is needed when loading at a Krungthai ATM. Registration in my wife name, i wanted it that way. No need for a KTB account.

TopUp is absolutely easy. I installed the M-Pass app from google play store on my phone, signed in to my wifes account. Full 1000 Baht credited to the m-pass, the bank does not make any money obviously. clicked the B+ sign, enter the amount to topup, get a QR code. Go to my own bank app (SCB easy), click payment, select QR code on the phone, click review and ok, money visible on the m-pass within seconds. used it already, you see every toll you paid. 

So... easy to get.. payment through your own e-banking app at all times... the phone number you used to register will get an SMS when the account balance drops below 200 Baht. 

Archived