BANGKOK 26 June 2019 19:58
webfact

Thai Airways’ profits dive 83% year-on-year

From where I fly from in Isaan country, Thai airways (smile) are the most expensive, so, if the airline is losing money big time, that would mean that all the other airlines are losing money as well, considering the competitors are far cheaper.!!!!

Increase the prices by 50% - that should take care of it 🙄

Greetings all.

There incompetent idiots.

Cancelled a flight recently and was told to send an email to the UK office.

They then send the details to the head office in Bangkok, who when they can be bothered, process a refund via their bank.

Process can take up to 6 weeks but if your a lucky boy under 4.

On the same day, cancelled the first leg of my journey with British Airways online.

They gave me an exact amount, dear knows what Thai will end up giving me, pressed the cancel button and BA refunded me next working day.

Staff in London don't seem to give a fiddlers either.

Hope they go bust. Clowns.

They could always cut the luggage allowance from 20 kgs to 10 kgs,  that was a fantastic idea last time 😁

"British airways profits tumble 62% in the 1st 3 months of this year" Daily Mail 11th May. "Easy Jet swings into a 270 million pound loss" Daily Mail today. "Jet Airways  ground all flights". They didnt have enough money to buy fuel. Any opinions on why that may be? Calling all experts,,,,,,,,,,

Dear old BA. Planes flying from London to Bangkok are meant to be 25 years old and feel it. 

However, they had a wonderful sale recently, sweetened even more by a flash extra £100 off.

Result £450 return flight from Northern Ireland to Bangkok via Heathrow at end of year.

Never seen a price close to this before.

Download the Skyscanner app and do a search for Dublin to Bangkok.

The connections/offers/hubs available is quite staggering.

I remember BA and British Midland charging £200 NI to London 30 years ago.

Inflation? What inflation.

I ve used Skyscanner amongst others. Not a bad place to start. Some agents have better deals than others at different times. You just need to be lucky as my previous posts on this thread suggest.

9 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Hmmm... I'm not so sure the younger generation would be equipped. They are products of the same, largely unchanged, broken education and cultural system. 

I employed plenty of them. The best and brightest the country has to offer. They are not up to the task. 

They need OUTSIDE help. 

Yes they do. And the junta's vaunted Thailand 4.0 has that need for foreign expertise clearly defined and stated as an integral part of the plan.

However, blindly following the 'lead' set by the Education Department, nobody at the Labour Department has considered the full implications of "you get what you pay for" in this grand plan.

• Like 1

Thai International is great, but the problem is they are usually more expensive to fly then their competitors are which means I end up flying with someone else.  They also don't fly to the cities that I need to go to in the USA so I again end up going with other airlines.  Even when I do fly to a US city served by Thai their competitors are cheaper and the service is as good or better.

• Like 2

I had my last fly by Thai air from LA to Bangkok 10 years ago. I stoped flying with Thai air since I had a bad experience with Thai air security guard at the gate in LA. The guard looked and act like a typical BKK Tuk Tuk driver 🤪 then I told myself that is enough, no more Thai air. 🙏

4 hours ago, hugocnx said:

I must say, Thai Cargo is very good. Many flights and same price as the rest. 

Agreed, but I find the lack of windows all a bit uncomfortable on a long-haul.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I had my last fly by Thai air from LA to Bangkok 10 years ago. I stoped flying with Thai air since I had a bad experience with Thai air security guard at the gate in LA. The guard looked and act like a typical BKK Tuk Tuk driver 🤪 then I told myself that is enough, no more Thai air. 🙏

A 10 year old experience on a flight that no longer exists.

Thanks for playing.

PS. I thought the local ruffians we were forced to use for LAX's farcical checked bag security screening were the worst. Once onboard that virtually empty A340-500, all the stress evaporated.

• Confused 1

i'm not a financial expert, but as far as i know the singaporean dollar is stronger than the thai baht, yet singaporean airlines have no dive in profits.

15 hours ago, PatOngo said:

That can only mean one thing......time to buy more planes. I just love Thai logic!

... and double fares.

3 hours ago, potless said:

"British airways profits tumble 62% in the 1st 3 months of this year" Daily Mail 11th May. "Easy Jet swings into a 270 million pound loss" Daily Mail today. "Jet Airways  ground all flights". They didnt have enough money to buy fuel. Any opinions on why that may be? Calling all experts,,,,,,,,,,

Crap management.