People invited to observe Jupiter, Saturn, moon conjunction from May 20-23

webfact

People invited to observe Jupiter, Saturn, moon conjunction from May 20-23

4e7d075d78ed3e9625828489ea5c7607.jpg

BANGKOK, 17 May 2019 (NNT) - The National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (NARIT) is inviting people nationwide to observe the conjunction of moon and Jupiter and the conjunction of moon and Saturn with naked eyes from May 20-23, 2019.

The conjunction of moon and Jupiter will take place on May 20, 2019. It will be visible from 20.30 until dawn. On May 22-23, 2019, Saturn will appear in the sky alongside the moon from 10 p.m. until dawn. Both phenomena can be seen with naked eyes all over the country in the Southeast.

They are astronomical phenomena that occur regularly because the moon and the planets change their positions constantly according to the orbit of the sun, so the moon and planets appearing in the sky in the same direction or appearing alongside each other is considered normal.

After this, the earth will become closer to the two planets. Jupiter will be in the closest position to earth this year on June 10, 2019. Saturn will be in the closest position to earth on July 9, 2019, resulting in the two planets appearing larger and larger and they will be noticeable longer throughout the night.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-05-17

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

May I make a polite request that no one make any crude comments about "Viewing Uranus"?

If I'm viewing Myanus in the privacy of my home - who should care? 
Yeah, I know.  This is Thailand.  No doubt you'll end up in jail for viewing Uranus.  

Archived