BANGKOK 25 June 2019 00:44
eagleo

Reporting requirements for the THB800K

I just done my retirement visa extension. Had to show IO my account history for the seasoning period and the bank letter.

IO said I'll have to show them both again in 3 months time to ensure the money was all the time in the account.

Does anyone know if this reporting can be done at ANY immigration office or does it need to be done at the office that granted the extension?

I'll be travelling back to my home country and when i return will not be in the area of that IO for some time.

Thanks for any help with this.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

I did retirement extension of stay for 1 year a few weeks ago at CW. Based on 800k in bank. No mention of coming back in 3 months or keeping money in account. They did staple a printed note regarding doing 90 day reports though. 

Edited by soi3eddie
Typos
  • Like 1

Thanks ubonjoe and allane!
I would think too it will be like that, however I think it would be good to get some updates in a few months time? Hopefully some members will have some experience with this or had the chance to ask their local IO.

I did retirement extension of stay for 1 year a few weeks ago at CW. Based on 800k in bank. No mention of coming back in 3 months or keeping money in account. They did staple a printed note regarding doing 90 day reports though. 
Thanks! Looks like different rules for different offices.

Those who asked at Jomtien about "what if I am not here in 90-days" were told to report back when they returned.  In those cases, the context may have been "return to the country" - but in your case, it would be returning to the area where you obtained your extension.  I would bring proof you were somewhere else in the mean-time - but hard to say if they would make trouble anyway. 

This case is one of the reasons that "post application seasoning" was not well thought out.  One person on a Non-O-Retirement extension reported being interrogated at Bangkok airport for "traveling around too much" - as though immigration assumes a person with this type of extension would be 'stuck' in one location, permanently.   Better to increase the pre-extension seasoning-time (for new applicants only, of course), than try to tack on more seasoning-time after-the-fact.  

Nice. It keeps open the possibility of agents helping clients and IOs. As long as there is a loop hole exists for agents, I am OK. The day they close all loop holes for agents, I would say good bye to Thailand.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

no mention of the new requirements to keep 800k on account for 3 months after, or that account can not drop below 400k at any time?

Lampang wants me to update my bankbook monthly. If I do this, there is no need for a bank statement at the next extension. Just a bank letter. Apparently, this is how they will verify the funds have stayed in the account when the next extension comes up.

• Thanks 1

Some IO's put their own interpretations to the rules and are usually wrong.  I wish they'd all work from the same hymn sheet.  The fact is once you've been granted an extension to stay, it's exactly that.  You have been granted an extension to stay!

Getting a further extension will depend upon whether you followed the rules for the year previously.  Reporting with your bank book every 3 months is nonsense and unworkable.

• Like 2

I just went in to Siracha office on Monday. They had no idea what I was talking about. Then I asked them what I should show them for February 2020, she just said bank book. LOL.   Did not seem to understand that GSB gives you a new book for fixed account every time you renew and are not 12 month terms. Should be entertaining next year.

This is getting really silly. Just do whatever you are asked to do by your local immigration office.

ChouDoufu

no mention of the new requirements to keep 800k on account for 3 months after, or that account can not drop below 400k at any time?

Also no mention of the above and no papers had to be signed last month when I renewed my extension at Nong Khai