Reporting requirements for the THB800K

I just done my retirement visa extension. Had to show IO my account history for the seasoning period and the bank letter.

IO said I'll have to show them both again in 3 months time to ensure the money was all the time in the account.

Does anyone know if this reporting can be done at ANY immigration office or does it need to be done at the office that granted the extension?

I'll be travelling back to my home country and when i return will not be in the area of that IO for some time.

Thanks for any help with this.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I did retirement extension of stay for 1 year a few weeks ago at CW. Based on 800k in bank. No mention of coming back in 3 months or keeping money in account. They did staple a printed note regarding doing 90 day reports though. 

Edited by soi3eddie
Typos
  • Like 1

Thanks ubonjoe and allane!
I would think too it will be like that, however I think it would be good to get some updates in a few months time? Hopefully some members will have some experience with this or had the chance to ask their local IO.

I did retirement extension of stay for 1 year a few weeks ago at CW. Based on 800k in bank. No mention of coming back in 3 months or keeping money in account. They did staple a printed note regarding doing 90 day reports though. 
Thanks! Looks like different rules for different offices.

Those who asked at Jomtien about "what if I am not here in 90-days" were told to report back when they returned.  In those cases, the context may have been "return to the country" - but in your case, it would be returning to the area where you obtained your extension.  I would bring proof you were somewhere else in the mean-time - but hard to say if they would make trouble anyway. 

This case is one of the reasons that "post application seasoning" was not well thought out.  One person on a Non-O-Retirement extension reported being interrogated at Bangkok airport for "traveling around too much" - as though immigration assumes a person with this type of extension would be 'stuck' in one location, permanently.   Better to increase the pre-extension seasoning-time (for new applicants only, of course), than try to tack on more seasoning-time after-the-fact.  

Nice. It keeps open the possibility of agents helping clients and IOs. As long as there is a loop hole exists for agents, I am OK. The day they close all loop holes for agents, I would say good bye to Thailand.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

no mention of the new requirements to keep 800k on account for 3 months after, or that account can not drop below 400k at any time?

Lampang wants me to update my bankbook monthly. If I do this, there is no need for a bank statement at the next extension. Just a bank letter. Apparently, this is how they will verify the funds have stayed in the account when the next extension comes up.

• Thanks 1

Some IO's put their own interpretations to the rules and are usually wrong.  I wish they'd all work from the same hymn sheet.  The fact is once you've been granted an extension to stay, it's exactly that.  You have been granted an extension to stay!

Getting a further extension will depend upon whether you followed the rules for the year previously.  Reporting with your bank book every 3 months is nonsense and unworkable.

• Like 2

I just went in to Siracha office on Monday. They had no idea what I was talking about. Then I asked them what I should show them for February 2020, she just said bank book. LOL.   Did not seem to understand that GSB gives you a new book for fixed account every time you renew and are not 12 month terms. Should be entertaining next year.

ChouDoufu

no mention of the new requirements to keep 800k on account for 3 months after, or that account can not drop below 400k at any time?

Also no mention of the above and no papers had to be signed last month when I renewed my extension at Nong Khai

This situation is crazy. (not you op). I have been banging on about this issue in few threads. I happen to travel a LOT even though I live bkk on extensions based on retirement. What your imm office is asking would almost be impossible for me. Just a stupid crazy requirement. Do annual extensions now require you to be up front and centre at imm 90 days after extension with bank book in hand. Please no one mention 90 day report. Haven't done one in 7 years. This joint is becoming seriously wackey.
Yes, my local IO ask me to come in after the 3 months and proof to them with a bank letter and account book that the money has not been touched. They wven stapled a reminder in my passport. Same rules as for the seasoning. When they granted me the extension and explained the account reporting i mentioned to them that I'll be going back home at that time and returning to Thailand 4 to 6 weeks or so later. The IO advised that i should then come in and report. Maybe together with the TM30.
The issue i have with this and that is why i asked for feedback in my first post is that my local IO is 600km or a 12 hour bus ride away from bkk.
Usually when i return to Thailand from Australia i spend about 4 weeks in bkk and Pattaya before i return upcountry.
This is not an issue for the 90 day reporting as i may do a border run instead, but definitely an issue for the account reporting.
See how this works out once IO sees that this is really not a very workable request and hopefully will tweak this a bit.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:34 PM, eagleo said:

Had to show IO my account history for the seasoning period and the bank letter.

IO said I'll have to show them both again in 3 months time to ensure the money was all the time in the account.

Didn't know that one would have to show the letter again ..same one or will a new one be required?

4 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Didn't know that one would have to show the letter again ..same one or will a new one be required?

Same letter will be 3 months out of date.  and op doesn't say which office  

1 hour ago, eagleo said:

Yes, my local IO ask me to come in after the 3 months and proof to them with a bank letter and account book that the money has not been touched. They wven stapled a reminder in my passport. Same rules as for the seasoning. When they granted me the extension and explained the account reporting i mentioned to them that I'll be going back home at that time and returning to Thailand 4 to 6 weeks or so later. The IO advised that i should then come in and report. Maybe together with the TM30.
The issue i have with this and that is why i asked for feedback in my first post is that my local IO is 600km or a 12 hour bus ride away from bkk.
Usually when i return to Thailand from Australia i spend about 4 weeks in bkk and Pattaya before i return upcountry.
This is not an issue for the 90 day reporting as i may do a border run instead, but definitely an issue for the account reporting.
See how this works out once IO sees that this is really not a very workable request and hopefully will tweak this a bit.

Eagleo, this is my point. Some expats I chat with bars etc basically do not leave los. Great. If that's what suits them. Others, myself included are opposite end of spectrum. Recently I on short notice returned to au for several weeks to makeover couple of townhouses for new tenants. Back bkk and next day with Thai partner to Japan for few weeks. I type this from Saigon. Next weekend going to pattaya for firework festival then on to koh Samed. This ain't a brag. I never travelled as a pup. Making up for it. The annual extension is easy. Living in bkk I have 45 day window. Yes I realize cw is not asking people to report back 3 months after extension. However some offices have. Also a note to the chaps that have easy access to their imm office, for many its a big trip. Even in bkk its a full day at cw. Let alone the travel. Crazy crazy stuff. Yes I'm ready for the "don't like it leave dills" Fact is I love it. Just too much bs.

3 hours ago, khastan said:

ChouDoufu

Also no mention of the above and no papers had to be signed last month when I renewed my extension at Nong Khai

well, that's scary!

if your IO doesn't give you accurate information how are you to be expected to follow the rules? 

say you go in next year, and you happened to withdraw your 800k to invest elsewhere for 8-1/2 months, i wouldn't expect any "leniency."

one might suspect your IO intentionally doesn't want you to know, to force use of an agent. 

5 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

well, that's scary!

if your IO doesn't give you accurate information how are you to be expected to follow the rules? 

say you go in next year, and you happened to withdraw your 800k to invest elsewhere for 8-1/2 months, i wouldn't expect any "leniency."

one might suspect your IO intentionally doesn't want you to know, to force use of an agent. 

That's good point. Lot of us assume all xpats read Thaivisa and hence up with changes. Nothing further from truth. If your local imm office has not informed you of new money in bank requirements then how are you supposed to comply. Thinking I get a tm28 and tm30 for hotel nong khai. Happy days. The aud is rubbish now. Any reports from udon thani? I like the bars.

Yes new one and the account book original, plus a copy.
As we hear from other BM's on the subject this rule varies fron IO to IO. Some want it that way others don't.

Eagleo, this is my point. Some expats I chat with bars etc basically do not leave los. Great. If that's what suits them. Others, myself included are opposite end of spectrum. Recently I on short notice returned to au for several weeks to makeover couple of townhouses for new tenants. Back bkk and next day with Thai partner to Japan for few weeks. I type this from Saigon. Next weekend going to pattaya for firework festival then on to koh Samed. This ain't a brag. I never travelled as a pup. Making up for it. The annual extension is easy. Living in bkk I have 45 day window. Yes I realize cw is not asking people to report back 3 months after extension. However some offices have. Also a note to the chaps that have easy access to their imm office, for many its a big trip. Even in bkk its a full day at cw. Let alone the travel. Crazy crazy stuff. Yes I'm ready for the "don't like it leave dills" Fact is I love it. Just too much bs.
If I had known this 3 month reporting requirement i would have applied a few days before i actually did and make use of the 45 day window to time it better. Just leaving now for Oz about 10 days before that reporting is due.

19 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

If you are asking about CW, I did my extension there recently and they gave me 2 copies of the new rules. One to sign as acknowledgement, and one to keep for future reference. The IO pointed to the relevant section ...."new rules".

On 5/17/2019 at 4:10 AM, soi3eddie said:

No mention of coming back in 3 months or keeping money in account. They did staple a printed note regarding doing 90 day reports though. 

It will be interesting to know what CW does to people who did not keep 800K/400K and claim ignorance of the requirements in their next renewal. 

I did my extension of stay at Pattaya Jomtien Immigration office on the 15th May. Along with other normal paperwork I was handed a A4 sized page  of the new requirements of 800k Two months before and 3 months after the date of application. Which I had to sign and give back to them.

With all the paperwork and questions being asked I had not realised that the officer had photocopied this signed page,  kept the original and handed a copy back to me but with a stamp on the bottom of the page stating I had to show my Bank Book again on the 11th August.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

It will be interesting to know what CW does to people who did not keep 800K/400K and claim ignorance of the requirements in their next renewal. 

CW will advise. When next extension is due and requirements not met the application will be refused. Only a guess.

Then given "until date" to exit los. Who knows.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:34 PM, eagleo said:

Does anyone know if this reporting can be done at ANY immigration office or does it need to be done at the office that granted the extension?

I'll be travelling back to my home country and when i return will not be in the area of that IO for some time.

I think the sensible answer is to stick to the rules and then report to your IO office when you are available to do so, as long as you have adhered to the rules why would there be a problem

19 hours ago, onera1961 said:

nobody can answer that, some have suggested it will require a restart from scratch, others have suggested that the extension will be technically cancelled from the date you broke the rules and would then be on overstay from that time

Who knows, I don't even think Thai Immigration know which leaves it all open to extreme abuse

Those that have used agents to break the rules think their next extension will be fine - I am not so sure