Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 May 2019 05:30
gamb00ler

Non Immigrant O-A visa from LA consulate

Recommended Posts

The website for the LA consulate leaves much to be desired.  I only see information about an O-A visa under a heading that states "Maximum stay 90 days, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand".  The details page for that type of visa mentions nothing about period of stay permitted or how long the visa is valid.  The website of the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC describes the O-A visa to be as expected with a maximum stay and validity of 1 year for the same $200 price.

 

There are also several broken links on that website for the LA consulate and the staff seem spectacularly uninterested in helping via e-mail.

 

Has anyone received an O-A visa from the LA consulate?

 

I probably will just use the DC embassy for my visa since I will be applying by mail anyway.  I would prefer to use LA to get faster turnaround time.

 

PS This link to access Thai customs information in English coughs up an error.  (http://en.customs.go.th/content.php&ini_content=customs_offences&lang=en&left_menu=menu_customs_offences)

Anyone have a link that works?

 

Edited by gamb00ler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes... that's the detail page that makes no mention of visa period of vailidity or period of stay.  On an earlier page that visa is listed under that heading I described in OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A OA long stay visa allows unlimited one year entries for a year from the date it is issued. It does matter where you apply for it will be the same.

Good link for the customs site. http://www.customs.go.th/cont_strc_simple.php?ini_content=individual_F01_160426_01&ini_menu=menu_individual_submenu_02&lang=en&left_menu=menu_individual_submenu_02_160421_01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

A OA long stay visa allows unlimited one year entries for a year from the date it is issued. It does matter where you apply for it will be the same.

Good link for the customs site. http://www.customs.go.th/cont_strc_simple.php?ini_content=individual_F01_160426_01&ini_menu=menu_individual_submenu_02&lang=en&left_menu=menu_individual_submenu_02_160421_01

Based on your knowledge and experience I will weight your answer higher than any answers from the LA consulate (if I ever do get a response e-mail). 🙏

 

Thanks for that customs link.  The link on LA consulate page and the Wiki page both were out of date.

I eventually used Google advanced search of the customs.go.th domain and found that working link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most Thailand government websites are old with incorrect or partial information. 

Edited by onera1961

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Los Angeles is commonly known as one of the less Friendly Thai consulates to deal with. I dealt with and got great results with the Denver consulate but I thought I read somewhere now you have to apply at the one in your area. I was in California at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hereforgood said:

Los Angeles is commonly known as one of the less Friendly Thai consulates to deal with. I dealt with and got great results with the Denver consulate but I thought I read somewhere now you have to apply at the one in your area. I was in California at the time.

The consulate in Denver is a honorary consulate. They cannot issue a OA visa, multiple entry tourist visas or multiple entry non immigrant visas.

Only the the official consulates in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles can offer the same services as the embassy in Washington DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The consulate in Denver is a honorary consulate. They cannot issue a OA visa, multiple entry tourist visas or multiple entry non immigrant visas.
Only the the official consulates in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles can offer the same services as the embassy in Washington DC.
Here is a photo of the non-immigrant multiple-entry Visa they issued me clearly you can see it's from the Denver consulate or honorary consulate whichever maybe the rules have changed and now they cannot issue them?20190518_100223.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hereforgood said:

Here is a photo of the non-immigrant multiple-entry Visa they issued me clearly you can see it's from the Denver consulate or honorary consulate whichever maybe the rules have changed and now they cannot issue them?

That was way back in 2005.

For about 3 years now they are no longer allowed to issue multiple entry non immigrant visas.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was way back in 2005.

For about 3 years now they are no longer allowed to issue multiple entry non immigrant visas.

Too bad they were great to deal with Times change rules change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LA was fine for me as well in 2015. I live in LA and it was drop off one day and pickup the next service. All of my documents were checked by an employee before I could submit to avoid problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...