Labour declares Brexit talks dead as May's premiership crumbles

snoop1130

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Loiner said:

17.4 Million voted for No Deal. There was no mention of a deal until after we won, when the Remain subterfuge and EU trickery started.  

Stop spouting this rubbish. Everyone said there would be the easiest deal ever before the referendum.

You are either in denial of reality ot trying to change history after the fact. 

To me, either of those completely ruins your credibility  

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Everyone who voted to leave as there were no 'how do you want us to leave' options on the ballot paper.

Sometimes I think it isn't the 'Brexiteers' who were the stupid ones.

If you're standing in my house and I ask you to leave, I don't normally specify the exit, although if you took too long it would probably be the window.

This procedure is referred to as defenestration, and was a method favored by Tamerlane and a certain English King. 

The window should of course be a long way from the ground/moat etc.

I can think of so many political leaders whose absence would be of huge benefit to the world, and best achieved by defenestration. Trump, Putin, Netanyahu, Orban, and Erdogan, just for starters, but head and shoulders above all the rest would be Nigel Fromage!

16 hours ago, baboon said:

Yes, sir. And regardless of which party one may support or one's position on Brexit, the whole bloody thing was a time wasting farce.

Labour is not the answer to Brexit. The Cons are not the answer to Brexit. The Liberals want to remain but will never win any meaningful votes. The fringe parties have no agenda but 'Brexit. I just want Brexit' or 'Cancel Article 50 and ball locks.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is no way out of this. Pages of passionate argument fail to convince the other side. Pages of memes and slogans with an ever larger UK flag don't work either. If anyone can provide a resolution other than angrily shouting and posting links and memes their opponents won't bother reading, I am all ears. But until then, I am literally in despair.

A fully justified cri du coeur monsieur. What can we do? Well we can vote and hope against hope, despite it being in the hands of the most inadequate bunch of politicians - on all sides- that this country has seen in the last hundred years. The shear self serving venality of a huge number of them is a disgrace to any country which pretends to be civilized, and the fact that millions vote for these charlatans and scumbags is an embarrassment to us all. 

There is hope though, there are many decent MPs who have not been removed in the LP Stalinist purges, nor are vomiting mind numbing far right idiocies from the ERG and such. A solution has to be found that will be acceptable to the majority of the British people which means compromise, and realism. Surely this is not "beyond the wit of man". 

In the longer future it looks like the younger generation will not stand for any madness they are forced to inherit from a bunch of sad old has beens, that is hope indeed.

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Stop spouting this rubbish. Everyone said there would be the easiest deal ever before the referendum.

Excuse me, but before the referendum there were 2 choices. Remain or Leave. It was only after the remainers lost that the whole nonsense of 2nd referendums and soft Brexits, remaining in the customs union, open borders and bending over and taking all the EU rules for eternity. It is nonsense. We voted to leave. To properly leave. The notion of some easy deal and secretly remaining in the EU while calling it Brexit is a fantasy. 

This is what 3 years since we won the referndum to Leave. I can't believe some people are still in denial.

27 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Excuse me, but before the referendum there were 2 choices. Remain or Leave. It was only after the remainers lost that the whole nonsense of 2nd referendums and soft Brexits, remaining in the customs union, open borders and bending over and taking all the EU rules for eternity. It is nonsense. We voted to leave. To properly leave. The notion of some easy deal and secretly remaining in the EU while calling it Brexit is a fantasy. 

This is what 3 years since we won the referndum to Leave. I can't believe some people are still in denial.

God is this some form of mass delusion affecting leavers .

Before the ref all the leavers spoke about was how good the deal we were going to get from the EU would be and how we would all be much more prosperous out than in.

Can you give me one example from before the referendum where it was said that we would leave with no deal and all end up worse off ?

As LIncoln said :-

"Sir, you are either a fool or a lier - I shall be charitable and ausme the former and that you know no better "

Sorry Mr Would-be Censor, you are neither the designator of rubbish, or the arbiter of credibility.
The “should be the easiest deal in history” was an observation before Theresa’s appeasement started. It was also related to the deal they won’t even discuss yet. The post-bexit trading arrangements.
You Remainers and the EU produced a new Surrender Treaty which is a ‘deal’ nobody will agree to. That’s the history which you cannot quash.

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

relief that it is all over, a nice long holiday followed by a good pension to be spent in a Europrean country of her choice.

in case she gets a Schengen visa.....

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

17.4 Million voted for No Deal. There was no mention of a deal until after we won, when the Remain subterfuge and EU trickery started.  

There was also no mention of no deal.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Everyone who voted to leave as there were no 'how do you want us to leave' options on the ballot paper.

Sometimes I think it isn't the 'Brexiteers' who were the stupid ones.

If you're standing in my house and I ask you to leave, I don't normally specify the exit, although if you took too long it would probably be the window.

An house owner asking a person to "leave"as another situation as when your children vote to "leave". ";eave = never want to see nor hear from dad, or.. only going to live on their own, with often contact dafddy.

According my opinion, THAT's the mayor mistake in the referendum: hard Brexit, of soft or softy-soft-soft or...

This aside of promises given, bad reading or.. no reading at all and now regret his vote, see 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/18/uk-based-poles-call-for-revolt-against-having-to-apply-for-settled-status?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTE5MDUxOA%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

You mean: many too stupid and too lazy to read, and believed politicians as Boris the Liar. see  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vote-leave-brexit-lies-eu-pay-money-remain-poll-boris-johnson-a8603646.html and 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/may/18/uk-based-poles-call-for-revolt-against-having-to-apply-for-settled-status?utm_term=RWRpdG9yaWFsX0d1YXJkaWFuVG9kYXlVS19XZWVrZW5kLTE5MDUxOA%3D%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK&CMP=GTUK_email

bus 350 mln per wk.png

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

She'll be busy counting the 600,000 pound/year she gets for the rest of her life as a 'former PM'.

As usual, Brexiteers do not have an idea about reality. To stupid to learn, to lazy to look it up. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1021057/theresa-may-salary-prime-minister-how-much-britain-uk-conservative-party-mp

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3685908/Cameron-walks-away-Downing-Street-40-000-pension-20-000-pay-ll-Tony-Blair-family-live.html

1 hour ago, tebee said:

God is this some form of mass delusion affecting leavers .

Before the ref all the leavers spoke about was how good the deal we were going to get from the EU would be and how we would all be much more prosperous out than in.

Can you give me one example from before the referendum where it was said that we would leave with no deal and all end up worse off ?

As LIncoln said :-

"Sir, you are either a fool or a lier - I shall be charitable and ausme the former and that you know no better "

That’s not the worst of it.

Brexiteers also forecast abundant,  easy, and lucrative trade deals with ‘the rest of the world’.

Given that their predictions for the deal with the EU turned out to be hogwash.

Any adult with a functioning brain would reasonably ask if their predictions for these other trade deals are also hogwash.

55 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s not the worst of it.

Brexiteers also forecast abundant,  easy, and lucrative trade deals with ‘the rest of the world’.

Given that their predictions for the deal with the EU turned out to be hogwash.

Any adult with a functioning brain would reasonably ask if their predictions for these other trade deals are also hogwash.

Had we left the week after the result was in & kept both hands on the tap from day 1 & watched the BMW's etc stack up @ Rotterdam we'd have been ideally placed to start those negotiation and they would have been quick.

& have an 'Owzat!

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

How many people voted to leave without any sort of deal? Apart from apparently you and a couple more Brexiteer posters here?

17.4 million people in the largest Democratic vote in our history.

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

There was also no mention of no deal.

And what many remoaners are blind to, is the direction, in which those unelected Bureaucrats in Brussels intend to take the E.u ( if it survives).

In fact very little discussion on their future plans have been highlighted in the establishment owed media, I can only wonder why. One example is the remoaners continued denial that the E.u are intending to create an E.u army.

3 hours ago, puipuitom said:

So what are the remoaners looking up.

3F4F8A7F-9041-4ABC-AB1A-C5F7E6C0911D.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Parliament have taken that self harm option off the table.

True,but it’s still the desire of the British people. 

Another example of the people versus Westminster.

211DA300-7C98-449C-8B2A-7071E1BBFA56.jpeg

On 5/17/2019 at 6:44 PM, darksidedog said:

But he isn't even in Government and has division in his ranks too, but with even less votes, so the same could easily be said for him.Case of pot meet kettle, as there are no guarantees he could bring Labour as a united force to back a deal he wants either. So, as I said, cheap sniping for attempted political gain.

Why would Corbyn , want to side with his political opponent .

Surely , it would not in the interests  of the British people. 

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

9 hours ago, tebee said:

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

Sorry Mr Would-be Censor, you are neither the designator of rubbish, or the arbiter of credibility.
The “should be the easiest deal in history” was an observation before Theresa’s appeasement started. It was also related to the deal they won’t even discuss yet. The post-bexit trading arrangements.
You Remainers and the EU produced a new Surrender Treaty which is a ‘deal’ nobody will agree to. That’s the history which you cannot quash.

I'm not trying to censor anyone, i am just pointing out that if you write things that are easily provable as untrue, the veracity of everything you say becomes suspect. 

Indeed you seem to have disproved your own first statement with your second. if people were not talking about a deal where did the "easiest deal in history" come from ?

No deal would preclude  coming to any trade agreement until the terms of the withdrawal agreement were met, so insisting that no deal is what everybody was talking about them can not be true.  

Archived