BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Labour declares Brexit talks dead as May's premiership crumbles

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

Do you really think he went into these talks with any intention of getting the UK out of the big hole the Brexiteers have dug, with 6 days before the EU elections next week just what is Labour's policy on Brexit?

Likewise TM has used the talks to time waste.

Neither party was sincere, both just political point scoring.  

Yes, sir. And regardless of which party one may support or one's position on Brexit, the whole bloody thing was a time wasting farce.

Labour is not the answer to Brexit. The Cons are not the answer to Brexit. The Liberals want to remain but will never win any meaningful votes. The fringe parties have no agenda but 'Brexit. I just want Brexit' or 'Cancel Article 50 and ball locks.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is no way out of this. Pages of passionate argument fail to convince the other side. Pages of memes and slogans with an ever larger UK flag don't work either. If anyone can provide a resolution other than angrily shouting and posting links and memes their opponents won't bother reading, I am all ears. But until then, I am literally in despair.

^^^

Put simply, the UK used to be of some consequence a few decades ago, but is now reduced to being a feeble little offshore island whose so-called leaders have lost the will and the courage, indeed the ability, to govern at all.

Wait until Boris gets the top job. Then Scotland would say bye-bye, and Hadrians wall would be rebuilt. And all because the Tory Brexshit ship has fkced the populace hook, line and sinker.   

Wouldn't have happened in my day. You get results by 'attacking'  - in this case, the EU - from the insiide while you have influence, power and veto - never to cast yourself adrift, as that's a losing strategy.  

15 hours ago, evadgib said:

That's Tracy Ullman 😎

'Tracy Ullman' is on Marr tomorrow but after last weeks mauling none will be surprised at how heavily this panel is stacked. I won't even bother watching...

16 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the woman 🤣

FB_IMG_1484871896243.jpg

There is no leadership, no consensus in UK and I don't see it on the horizon.

I do see stumblings, flailings, general chaos and then EU will say Ta Ta, sorry you couldn't get your act together, and a no deal exit will happen by default.

Nice job, Tories.

As an expatriate Brit I have tried hard to follow and understand Brexit but, just as I have tried to understand where we are with the Thai election process and formation of a new government I have no idea what is actually happening!😫

20 hours ago, nausea said:

I wonder what her exit strategy will be.

relief that it is all over, a nice long holiday followed by a good pension to be spent in a Europrean country of her choice.

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

There is no leadership, no consensus in UK and I don't see it on the horizon.

I do see stumblings, flailings, general chaos and then EU will say Ta Ta, sorry you couldn't get your act together, and a no deal exit will happen by default.

Nice job, Tories.

We'll settle for that thanks. It's what we voted for in the first place. Very late in coming but that's all because of the Remain subterfuge.

21 hours ago, nausea said:

Follow Cameron and Osborne into lucrative private business role somewhere most probably.

47 minutes ago, Loiner said:

We'll settle for that thanks. It's what we voted for in the first place. Very late in coming but that's all because of the Remain subterfuge.

How many people voted to leave without any sort of deal? Apart from apparently you and a couple more Brexiteer posters here?

9 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

How many people voted to leave without any sort of deal? 

Everyone who voted to leave as there were no 'how do you want us to leave' options on the ballot paper.

Sometimes I think it isn't the 'Brexiteers' who were the stupid ones.

If you're standing in my house and I ask you to leave, I don't normally specify the exit, although if you took too long it would probably be the window.

21 hours ago, nausea said:

probably go out dancing to an abba song as usual.

49 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

How many people voted to leave without any sort of deal? Apart from apparently you and a couple more Brexiteer posters here?

17.4 Million voted for No Deal. There was no mention of a deal until after we won, when the Remain subterfuge and EU trickery started.