BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Labour declares Brexit talks dead as May's premiership crumbles

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

The 2016 people’s referendum, followed by the two parties who included in their 2017 General Election manifesto a commitment to implement the referendum result,gaining 80% of the vote. Perhaps you can show me where the British did not desire to leave without a deal.

Since 'no deal' was never mentioned your statement is nonsense, and you know it.

You may equate brexit with no deal, many who voted for brexit disagree.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Since 'no deal' was never mentioned your statement is nonsense, and you know it.

You may equate brexit with no deal, many who voted for brexit disagree.

But many British people did, in fact know what they were voting for.

https://youtu.be/hzkfjGrEo68

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you have no answer.

There wasn't a question but I note you skipped mine.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I place that on par with the brexiteers plan 'all we have to do is tell them we'll go, and the EU will roll over, afraid to lose out on all that business we're taking away'.

I would have thought they would be more scared of losing 1/4 of their funding.

11 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Only… not even 1/2 of the House of Commons to back that. And for a "leave" without mentioning any consequences.. only a 51,88 %, with 48,11 for "remain", whatever consequences. Time to split the "leave" in the several options. 

You are mixing up the UK electorate with the traitors in the commons. Why do you think we are in this situation now? We voted for No Deal because there was no question of any deal at that time. The Remainers and EU introduced the concept of a 'divorce deal' after Leave won, but they haven't even discussed the actual post-Brexit trading deal yet. Unfortunately for the Remainers, they can't quite get their BRINO Surrender Treaty through parliament.

Time to forget the losing Remainers and Leave No Deal. 

5 hours ago, ballpoint said:

Secure a high paying job with a large multinational.

I can guarantee one thing, you won't see them on Skid Row. It's one big gravy train, whichever side you're on.

12 hours ago, tebee said:

I'm not trying to censor anyone, i am just pointing out that if you write things that are easily provable as untrue, the veracity of everything you say becomes suspect. 

Indeed you seem to have disproved your own first statement with your second. if people were not talking about a deal where did the "easiest deal in history" come from ?

No deal would preclude  coming to any trade agreement until the terms of the withdrawal agreement were met, so insisting that no deal is what everybody was talking about them can not be true.  

You sound like Same Cooke 1962 - Twistin' the truth away. Sorry if you don't like it, but I'll not stop posting whether you think it's rubbish or not. You do not decide what posters can say here.

Your favoured version is wrong. After you lost the referendum there are now two deals. The quote about a "should be" deal was made post-brexit and related to the still-to-be-commenced trading deals. The current sticking point EU divorce deal was another invention in the wake of the unexpected Leave vote. They haven't even started on the "easiest deal in history" yet, because we haven't exited yet. The current Merkel/May Surrender Treaty is designed to effectively keep us in the EU,  and would frustrate any UK position in future trade deals.
No Deal does not preclude any trade agreements and it never did at referendum time. The principle of having to agree a 'divorce deal' and 'political declaration' before we can actually Leave was never considered until Remain lost. It was certainly not a prerequisite to Leaving or making new trade deals with the EU and the rest of the world.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would have thought they would be more scared of losing 1/4 of their funding.

Apparently you're wrong.