BANGKOK 20 May 2019 05:40
khastan

Certifying Documents

Does anybody know Is there anywhere in Nong Khai I can get a Bangkok bank statement and a copy of my passport certified. Despite me having an account with the Midland/HSBC for nearly sixty years. and living in the same house in Thailand since 2007 they now want me to prove my identity and address.

The bank statement already has a blue stamp in the bottom right hand corner and an authorized signature. They will not accept this and they want it certified, whatever that means.

It seems it depends on the "reviver" to judge what is certified and what not and who has to certify it so that they accept it.

I think it's best you ask them exactly what kind of certification they want. I.e. who should certify it.

They are now telling me they want a certified translation in English of the address on the bank statement because it's in Thai and are suggesting the bank does this!! Anybody in Nong Khai that can do this for me please.?
https://www.hsbc.co.uk/help/security-centre/hsbc-safeguard/faqs/documents-and-certification/#overseashow

Edited by khastan

1 hour ago, khastan said:

Does anybody know Is there anywhere in Nong Khai I can get a Bangkok bank statement and a copy of my passport certified.

it's almost identical to certifying a UK DWP pensions life certificate.

Dunno about Nong Khai but you get a Bkk bank statement from your Bkk bank branch.

A copy of your certified passport you get from the Thai UK embassy.

You can get local policemen to certify documents.