Non OA Extension report: Phetchaburi IO

I guess you need a proof of insurance from next July and I don’t think your US Medicare will be accepted by immigration next time since medicare won’t cover overseas more than a month. If they do accept it, it would be a wonderful news to many O-A holders. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 12:25 PM, The Theory said:

I guess you need a proof of insurance from next July and I don’t think your US Medicare will be accepted by immigration next time since medicare won’t cover overseas more than a month. If they do accept it, it would be a wonderful news to many O-A holders. 

You mean July 2019 or July 2020?

The current proposals are only for OA (and OX) visas which have to be applied for at a Thai Embassy or Consulate overseas.  There is currently no proposal to require insurance for Extensions of Stay, which are dealt with by Immigration offices in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The current proposals are only for OA (and OX) visas which have to be applied for at a Thai Embassy or Consulate overseas.  There is currently no proposal to require insurance for Extensions of Stay, which are dealt with by Immigration offices in Thailand.
You don't know that.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Never.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

@RocketDog you got your wires crossed up. A TM 47 is simply a 90 Day report. Seem you went to a whole lot of trouble unless you were really talking about a TM30...but then only you would know that 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Explain -- RENEWALS.

Myself and others have done that several times already.

It means apply for a new visa in this case. Applying for a new visa or extension and etc is often incorrectly called a renewal.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Myself and others have done that several times already.

It means apply for a new visa in this case. Applying for a new visa or extension and etc is often incorrectly called a renewal.

What is your source for being so definite?

Are you definite that the requirement won't be expanded to include extensions?

As you well know, people in Thailand (expats, immigration officers, the press, and visa agencies) have been calling extensions renewals for perhaps decades already. Obviously incorrect usage but you keep posting your certainty about this policy only being for O-A applications yet as far as I can tell you have not cited your SOURCE. 

I understand most people just see your brand and think that must definitely be always unconditionally correct, but sorry, I was educated to think independently and seek VERIFICATION and supporting evidence of claims regardless of who is making them.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

The O-A retirement visa has long since expired and is no longer valid - what the OP was doing was getting a 12 month extension of permission to stay in Thailand, the fact that this was and O-A Visa to begin with is irrelevant - the O-A visa no longer applies in the OP's passport

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Obviously incorrect usage but you keep posting your certainty about this policy only being for O-A applications yet as far as I can tell you have not cited your SOURCE

I have posted my source more than once and it is posted in one of the topics in the news.

Try translating this to English using Google translate. http://hss.moph.go.th/show_topic.php?id=2808&fbclid=IwAR3vtyLBXkPV2X23FqxON8ltVlQ2V_XUA7DGkcVNIvclXK-x0yoRapmi3vI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have posted my source more than once and it is posted in one of the topics in the news.

Try translating this to English using Google translate. http://hss.moph.go.th/show_topic.php?id=2808&fbclid=IwAR3vtyLBXkPV2X23FqxON8ltVlQ2V_XUA7DGkcVNIvclXK-x0yoRapmi3vI

OK, I read it and I had read it before, and I still fail to understand how you come to the conclusion of total certainty that this requirement will only be for O-A visa applicants based on my reading of an obviously rough online translation. They talk about how the visa can be renewed annually and I think they are referring to in Thailand extensions based on the google translation. Rather than repeated new applications for O-A visas. Or at the very least it's AMBIGUOUS.

For example the Integrity Legal lawyer that I've posted videos from has obviously read the same sources as you, perhaps he's more fluent in Thai than you that I don't know, and he seems totally definite that the requirement will be for all retirement extensions in Thailand. Exactly the opposite of your conclusion.

You may indeed turn out to be correct, and I hope that you are, but I still don't get your certainty about this. 

Also the translation clearly says this is a joint action of the MFA and internal Thai immigration. Does that not strike you as a very strong CLUE? If it was indeed only about applications for O-A visas, and repeated ones, immigration in Thailand wouldn't need to be part of this at all. 

I don't mean any disrespect to you at all. 

I just want to get to the bottom of this, and sorry, you haven't convinced me as yet that you actually have the evidence to fully back up your assertion of certainty on this.

Wouldn't it be more ethical to say at this time my read is that it is for O-A visa applicants only and not extensions, BUT there is some ambiguity about where this is heading and suggest people stay tuned and watch what actually happens (or doesn't happen) starting in July? 

What's the benefit of making definitive assertions when there is still ambiguity? I am assuming you don't think there is any ambiguity. Well, at this point, I don't agree with that and it's clear others don't either. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I did not mention anything about “Extensions of Stay”

It was about US Medicare !!!!!!!!

Edited by The Theory

Jingthing. I'm hoping as you are it only applies to OA. I find this post of yours well measured. I recall long time ago banging on that the then new METV would be available at all Thai embassies. How wrong I was. I guess I'm agreeing with you in the sense that nobody can state anything with 100% confidence. Even now there are threads about the report back to imm 3 months after extension for money in bank method. Just a crazy joint when it comes to consistent thought process.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, smedly said:

The O-A retirement visa has long since expired and is no longer valid - what the OP was doing was getting a 12 month extension of permission to stay in Thailand, the fact that this was and O-A Visa to begin with is irrelevant - the O-A visa no longer applies in the OP's passport

Read before you quote me,

or if you have anything to say, just write your opinion without quoting others. 

I advised one of posters about “US Medicare”

do you have anything to say about “US medicare” ?!!!!!!

did you read it !!!!!

7 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Read before you quote me,

or if you have anything to say, just write your opinion without quoting others. 

I advised one of posters about “US Medicare”

do you have anything to say about “US medicare” ?!!!!!!

did you read it !!!!!

Don't wish to rock the boat ....just curious about US medicare. I have zero knowledge about that. Australian medicare gives zero cover while overseas. That's why tourists take out "travel insurance" 

• Like 1

I guess you need a proof of insurance from next July

This is what you said - I corrected you, the OP no longer has a valid O-A Visa 

are you getting it

Now if I posted some incorrect info like you did please correct me :post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by smedly
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I did not mention anything about “Extensions of Stay”

It was about US Medicare !!!!!!!!

You said "I guess you need a proof of insurance from next July"...  That was what I was correcting, as it's not correct.  I was not commenting on Medicare as I have no idea what it is.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You said "I guess you need a proof of insurance from next July"...  That was what I was correcting, as it's not correct.  I was not commenting on Medicare as I have no idea what it is.

This is my post that was quoted by you: 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:25 PM,  The Theory said: 

If you got something to say, just quote the OP, not mine. There is even nothing about the subject of my post by you.

If you got something to say, just quote the OP, not mine. There is even nothing about the subject of my post by you.

I commented on your comment about needing fresh insurance next July. Did you write that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

From reading the article Ubonjoe provided I come to the conclusion it "will" apply to extensions of stay as the article talks about the O-A Visa, "how it can be renewed annually" which to me means they are talking about annual extensions of stay also  Plus they even talk about update the immigration police orders...and the police orders deal with extensions of stay.

...with a validity period of 1 year and can be renewed annually per year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pib said:

From reading the article Ubonjoe provided I come to the conclusion it "will" apply to extensions of stay as the article talks about the O-A Visa, "how it can be renewed annually" which to me means they are talking about annual extensions of stay also  Plus they even talk about update the immigration police orders...and the police orders deal with extensions of stay.

I agree with you and wonder what Ubonjoe knows that we don't?  However there are a number of things that are odd about it.  1.  How many extra people are they going to hire to check the insurance policies in 83 different languages?  2.  Where are they going to get the translators?  3. Why would they list Thai insurance companies when the requirement is for foreign insurance?  4.  Why won't the most insurance guys answer any questions?  5.  Why are some insurance guys saying they are dropping the Out patient requirement?  6.  Why haven't the largest insurance companies in Thailand heard anything about it?