BANGKOK 20 May 2019 05:23
RocketDog

Non OA Extension report: Phetchaburi IO

I guess you need a proof of insurance from next July and I don’t think your US Medicare will be accepted by immigration next time since medicare won’t cover overseas more than a month. If they do accept it, it would be a wonderful news to many O-A holders. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 12:25 PM, The Theory said:

I guess you need a proof of insurance from next July and I don’t think your US Medicare will be accepted by immigration next time since medicare won’t cover overseas more than a month. If they do accept it, it would be a wonderful news to many O-A holders. 

You mean July 2019 or July 2020?

The current proposals are only for OA (and OX) visas which have to be applied for at a Thai Embassy or Consulate overseas.  There is currently no proposal to require insurance for Extensions of Stay, which are dealt with by Immigration offices in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Gatekeeper mentioned insurance. Why?

You did not need tm30?

The current proposals are only for OA (and OX) visas which have to be applied for at a Thai Embassy or Consulate overseas.  There is currently no proposal to require insurance for Extensions of Stay, which are dealt with by Immigration offices in Thailand.
You don't know that.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Never.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Why show the insurance? it is not required yet.

USA medicare card aint exactly insurance though.

@RocketDog you got your wires crossed up. A TM 47 is simply a 90 Day report. Seem you went to a whole lot of trouble unless you were really talking about a TM30...but then only you would know that 

Just now, fishtank said:

Yes we do.

I disagree. 

Explain -- RENEWALS.

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Explain -- RENEWALS.

Myself and others have done that several times already.

It means apply for a new visa in this case. Applying for a new visa or extension and etc is often incorrectly called a renewal.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Myself and others have done that several times already.

It means apply for a new visa in this case. Applying for a new visa or extension and etc is often incorrectly called a renewal.

What is your source for being so definite?

Are you definite that the requirement won't be expanded to include extensions?

As you well know, people in Thailand (expats, immigration officers, the press, and visa agencies) have been calling extensions renewals for perhaps decades already. Obviously incorrect usage but you keep posting your certainty about this policy only being for O-A applications yet as far as I can tell you have not cited your SOURCE. 

I understand most people just see your brand and think that must definitely be always unconditionally correct, but sorry, I was educated to think independently and seek VERIFICATION and supporting evidence of claims regardless of who is making them.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

The O-A retirement visa has long since expired and is no longer valid - what the OP was doing was getting a 12 month extension of permission to stay in Thailand, the fact that this was and O-A Visa to begin with is irrelevant - the O-A visa no longer applies in the OP's passport

• Like 1