Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 June 2019 06:29
Briggsy

Leaving by air with a Denial of Entry stamp

Recommended Posts

A number of people have been denied entry under Sections 12 (2) & (3) when trying to enter the Bangkok airports on Tourist Visas or Visa Exempt. They get a denial of entry stamp and have to fly out again at their own expense.

 

These people have then later successfully entered the country through different border checkpoints.

 

If these people then choose to leave through one of the Bangkok airports with the denial of entry stamp in the passport, are there any negative consequences?

e.g. given a severe dressing down?

being pulled out of line, forced to miss their flight and then forced to buy another one?

Or being given a further nasty stamp in the passport, perhaps in red ink this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

If these people then choose to leave through one of the Bangkok airports with the denial of entry stamp in the passport, are there any negative consequences?

No.

 

14 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

e.g. given a severe dressing down?

being pulled out of line, forced to miss their flight and then forced to buy another one?

No.

 

15 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Or being given a further nasty stamp in the passport, perhaps in red ink this time?

No.

 

Being denied entry is simply that. A denial does not stop you entering in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elviajero said:

Being denied entry is simply that. A denial does not stop you entering in the future.

You didn't really answer the question. What are the real experiences and reports of people leaving? I know the Bangkok airports Immigration are not happy about denied foreigners being able to enter by land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You didn't really answer the question. What are the real experiences and reports of people leaving? I know the Bangkok airports Immigration are not happy about denied foreigners being able to enter by land.

How do you know they are not happy? Do you have any personal experience?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You didn't really answer the question. What are the real experiences and reports of people leaving?

That wasn’t your question.

 

But I’ve never seen a report from anyone being given a hard time. There’s no reason why they would. And there is no penalty that can be applied.

 

12 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I know the Bangkok airports Immigration are not happy about denied foreigners being able to enter by land.

How do you know that? It’s possibly true, but there’s no evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

How do you know they are not happy? Do you have any personal experience?

Yes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was denied with SETV at DMK. Entered via Nong Kai then left via DMK.

 

No questions asked at any of these 3 steps. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being questioned at all when leaving Thailand is extremely rare, and I have never heard of anyone having any problem other than a rude official to deal with. However, expect some officials at some entry points to do their utmost to give you a problem when you next enter if they do not like the fact that you circumvent their unofficial rules.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...