Tukcom Pattaya Tai -- Public Sitting Space All Gone Now

Jingthing

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 hours ago, galt67 said:

Central Festival, to their credit for example, recently created an Expats Chess area (4th floor, towards the Beach) with about 10 tables. Kudos to the management!

There is also tables & chairs on the 3rd Floor roughly outside of Carl's Jr burger place. Quite popular with the mall's customers

On 5/17/2019 at 11:26 PM, Jingthing said:

Then in the basement adjacent to Tops there were about six sets of tables and chairs. //

REMOVED!

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Are you playing games?

I was there YESTERDAY.

The tables were all gone as I described in the OP.

You guys must look more closely. These tables were still there yesterday evening, as said and proved by @bkk6060 - but they are on the other side of the wall from before, so inside Tops.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

You guys must look more closely. These tables were still there yesterday evening, as said and proved by @bkk6060 - but they are on the other side of the wall from before, so inside Tops.

OK. If that is true then that explains this little mystery. But sorry if they are INSIDE Tops that obviously implies that they are only inviting Tops customers probably mostly to eat snacks and drinks they have bought there. When the tables were outside the confines of the store, that was obviously an invitation to the tables for everyone and anyone. 

On 5/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, Jingthing said:

Why are the toilets free then?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The first good  idea you have ever had, and definitely overdue.  I remember the good old days of pay toilets and this classic poem from the day,

Here I am sitting broken hearted

Paid a dime

But only farted

Yesterday I took a chance,
Saved a dime and crapped my pants.

1 minute ago, grifbel said:

The first good  idea you have ever had, and definitely overdue.  I remember the good old days of pay toilets and this classic poem from the day,

Here I am sitting broken hearted

Paid a dime

But only farted

Yesterday I took a chance,
Saved a dime and crapped my pants.

I was thinking take out the toilets entirely and rent the space to t-shirt vendors.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:17 AM, swissie said:

HeHe! I see the humor in this.

If referring to Starbucks / Beach Road, one can sit for half the price at McDonalds as far as Coffee is concerned. Only 20 meters away. Same view, same noise, same air-pollution, same passers-by, same Motorbike salesmen wanting to sell you a 500 Bht quality Swiss watch.

- It's just if one sits at said Starbucks, the local Female Population frequenting Beach Road will deduce that one is a 2-week millionaire, thus applying Starbucks-Prices when it comes to administer a classic Thai Massage. 

You got to love the "inner-workings of Pattaya.

PS: The Coffee at Starbucks isen't any better than the cesspool effluent that is served at McDonalds.

Maybe one just wants a coffee... 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I was thinking take out the toilets entirely and rent the space to t-shirt vendors.

You may be onto something.  A real money maker.   After all toilets aren't free on Walking Street either.

1 minute ago, grifbel said:

You may be onto something.  A real money maker.   After all toilets aren't free on Walking Street either.

Make em hold it in. The staff too. Who do they think they are? Customers will be forced to cough up the cash right quick for their high end tech purchases or piss their pants! 

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Make em hold it in. The staff too. Who do they think they are? Customers will be forced to cough up the cash right quick for their high end tech purchases or piss their pants! 

Might be time for you to become a franchisee of the adult diaper market!  I be smellin a winner, literally!

On 5/18/2019 at 6:25 PM, galt67 said:

A shopping mall, is today's 'public square' thus NEEDS 'people.'

Even if just sitting, not shopping, otherwise it looks (feels) dead. Think of walking into a bar or restaurant with ZERO (or few customers). NOT inviting.

Central Festival, to their credit for example, recently created an Expats Chess area (4th floor, towards the Beach) with about 10 tables. Kudos to the management!

I like seeing the chess players every day on the beach....That is till they removed all the seats...

13 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I like seeing the chess players every day on the beach....That is till they removed all the seats...

They didn't. Still many public benches on Pattaya beach promenade.

pattaya-beach-promenade.jpg

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Still many public benches on Pattaya beach promenade.

They installed some at the north end yes..but the ones at the south end was where all the "action" used to take place..as for chess   they used to also sit in Burger King at Royal Garden.. I've also seen them at the food court downstairs at Central Pattaya Beach.

When Harbor Mall first opened they had lots of lovely sofas..soon signs appeared saying "no sleeping"

then the sofas where removed ????

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

OK sorry they only removed 95% of the seating....

This was not a joke or exaggeration... 95% of the seating on the promenade was ripped out never to be seen again in 2013....

The seating went from north to south solid.....

If you were not here then this may be hard to believe but thats the way it was....

38 minutes ago, bender92 said:

Too many old white guys sitting around all day, with a bottle of water they brought from home.

So if old white guys are not spending 3000-5000 baht a day their life is worthless.....And they should just stay home or check out as soon as possible?....

Thats just horrible to have to look at retired guys sitting and talking to other retired guys on the beach.. 

On 5/18/2019 at 3:56 AM, Jingthing said:

Why are the toilets free then?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What would the people who work there utilise? Paying customers would be annoyed if there were no toilet facilities.

The tables downstairs at TOPS were a throwback from the food centre that used to be there.

Following that Cheap Charlies would buy food in the supermarket and eat it at the tables placed outside.

Maybe they became unsightly or weren't tiding up after themselves. Who knows?

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

What would the people who work there utilise? Paying customers would be annoyed if there were no toilet facilities.

The tables downstairs at TOPS were a throwback from the food centre that used to be there.

Following that Cheap Charlies would buy food in the supermarket and eat it at the tables placed outside.

Maybe they became unsightly or weren't tiding up after themselves. Who knows?

They're gone because they are now renting the space to a large vendor. 

Suggesting no toilets was meant as a SATIRICAL comment. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

They're gone because they are now renting the space to a large vendor. 

Suggesting no toilets was meant as a SATIRICAL comment. 

It seems that they are still there after all. Just another one of your silly threads.

Archived