BANGKOK 16 June 2019 03:50
Jingthing

Tukcom Pattaya Tai -- Public Sitting Space All Gone Now

There is seating at Friendship just up the road and any number of coffee shops by the Buakao Junction that don't charge Starbucks outrageous prices. . They're only 50m away.

Tukcom is pretty much a dump anyway unless you want a sneid TV box or an overpriced laptop.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Let's get real here. Tukcom is a depressed mall and it's been in decline. 

Because you cannot sit down? How petty.

A non true comment.  Every time I go there the place is packed and it is the most recommended tech location in the city.  

Not in decline at all.

Like another person suggested, spend 100 b and nurse a coffee or I think a cookie is 50 b at Starbucks they also have a second floor the aircon is great.

Edited by bkk6060

The higher up you go in Tukcom, the quieter and roomier it gets. I suppose all the vendors want to be near street level.

I would reccomend OP goes to Deli Diner and orders the Spaghetti and Meatballs.

• Haha 1

OP needs to walk around the corner near Tops the tables and chairs are still there in fact a few more added.

People just hanging out no commitment to buy anything.

Also, plenty of seats at Starbucks a donut is 30 b should not set people back too much. 

🙂

IMG_20190518_151445829.jpg

IMG_20190518_152024203_BURST001.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

OP needs to walk around the corner near Tops the tables and chairs are still there in fact a few more added.

People just hanging out no commitment to buy anything.

Also, plenty of seats at Starbucks a donut is 30 b should not set people back too much. 

🙂

IMG_20190518_151445829.jpg

IMG_20190518_152024203_BURST001.jpg

Are you playing games?

I was there YESTERDAY.

The tables were all gone as I described in the OP.

Also to the left of tables in your picture there was a new very large vendor station which they had obviously rented out. Selling some kind of product I can't even name. 

TukCom building must have been built by the cheapest, inexperienced construction workers the owners could scrape up from Isaan. The place was still a dump after the building was renovated. And to add to the confusion of the place, it seems ever square meter of walking space of the first 3 floors has to be rented out for more revenue. Because the outside & inside is not “consumer friendly” I stay away from this dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

how 'bout a gofundme to rent a space and install tables and chairs?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

how 'bout a gofundme to rent a space and install tables and chairs?

I wouldn't. It's their loss as far as I can see to be so short sighted. That said whatever rent that vendor is paying to displace the tables really can't be much. Sometimes bean counters should be counting their own brain cell beans instead. 

Public Space is a park. greenery, plants, trees....plastic chairs in a basement 😂

Just now, baansgr said:

Public Space is a park. greenery, plants, trees....plastic chairs in a basement 😂

I agree it's a low level of public space but it was really better than NOTHING. Obviously it's within a privately owned building. That really isn't the point to look at it that literally. 

2 minutes ago, galt67 said:

A shopping mall, is today's 'public square' thus NEEDS 'people.'

Even if just sitting, not shopping, otherwise it looks (feels) dead. Think of walking into a bar or restaurant with ZERO (or few customers). NOT inviting.

Central Festival, to their credit for example, recently created an Expats Chess area (4th floor, towards the Beach) with about 10 tables. Kudos to the management!

Thanks. Somebody gets it. 

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Every time I go there the place is packed and it is the most recommended tech location in the city.  

Not in decline at all.

It's the most recommended tech place here because it's the only tech place here. But the choice of products available is pathetic, and prices are often very high. JIB is about the only shop worth bothering with. Usually much better to hop on the bus to Bangkok for any tech shopping.

The upper floors are mostly empty these days: no shops or people. I remember when it was called Day/Night decades ago. Back then it was full from top to bottom and had a big food court on the top floor.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Are you playing games?

I was there YESTERDAY.

The tables were all gone as I described in the OP.

Also to the left of tables in your picture there was a new very large vendor station which they had obviously rented out. Selling some kind of product I can't even name. 

Haha.  Seriously?

No, you are playing games I took that photo yesterday afternoon.

Stop making false reports go there and see for yourself or get your eyes checked....

Edited by bkk6060