BANGKOK 18 August 2019 09:32
Jingthing

Tukcom Pattaya Tai -- Public Sitting Space All Gone Now

15 hours ago, galt67 said:

Central Festival, to their credit for example, recently created an Expats Chess area (4th floor, towards the Beach) with about 10 tables. Kudos to the management!

There is also tables & chairs on the 3rd Floor roughly outside of Carl's Jr burger place. Quite popular with the mall's customers

There is also tables & chairs on the 3rd Floor roughly outside of Carl's Jr burger place. Quite popular with the mall's customers

Refreshing to see farangs gathering around playing chess than sitting around shirtless along Beach Road drinking beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Posted (edited)

At Tukcom now.

Found this copy of yesterday's paper.

Sorry OP, if you cannot find these seats it is your issue.....:)

15582350888605430973646335047688.jpg

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 11:26 PM, Jingthing said:

Then in the basement adjacent to Tops there were about six sets of tables and chairs. //

REMOVED!

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Are you playing games?

I was there YESTERDAY.

The tables were all gone as I described in the OP.

You guys must look more closely. These tables were still there yesterday evening, as said and proved by @bkk6060 - but they are on the other side of the wall from before, so inside Tops.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

You guys must look more closely. These tables were still there yesterday evening, as said and proved by @bkk6060 - but they are on the other side of the wall from before, so inside Tops.

OK. If that is true then that explains this little mystery. But sorry if they are INSIDE Tops that obviously implies that they are only inviting Tops customers probably mostly to eat snacks and drinks they have bought there. When the tables were outside the confines of the store, that was obviously an invitation to the tables for everyone and anyone. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, Jingthing said:

Why are the toilets free then?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The first good  idea you have ever had, and definitely overdue.  I remember the good old days of pay toilets and this classic poem from the day,

Here I am sitting broken hearted

Paid a dime

But only farted

Yesterday I took a chance,
Saved a dime and crapped my pants.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, grifbel said:

The first good  idea you have ever had, and definitely overdue.  I remember the good old days of pay toilets and this classic poem from the day,

Here I am sitting broken hearted

Paid a dime

But only farted

Yesterday I took a chance,
Saved a dime and crapped my pants.

I was thinking take out the toilets entirely and rent the space to t-shirt vendors.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 4:17 AM, swissie said:

HeHe! I see the humor in this.

If referring to Starbucks / Beach Road, one can sit for half the price at McDonalds as far as Coffee is concerned. Only 20 meters away. Same view, same noise, same air-pollution, same passers-by, same Motorbike salesmen wanting to sell you a 500 Bht quality Swiss watch.

- It's just if one sits at said Starbucks, the local Female Population frequenting Beach Road will deduce that one is a 2-week millionaire, thus applying Starbucks-Prices when it comes to administer a classic Thai Massage. 

You got to love the "inner-workings of Pattaya.

PS: The Coffee at Starbucks isen't any better than the cesspool effluent that is served at McDonalds.

Maybe one just wants a coffee... 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I was thinking take out the toilets entirely and rent the space to t-shirt vendors.

You may be onto something.  A real money maker.   After all toilets aren't free on Walking Street either.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, grifbel said:

You may be onto something.  A real money maker.   After all toilets aren't free on Walking Street either.

Make em hold it in. The staff too. Who do they think they are? Customers will be forced to cough up the cash right quick for their high end tech purchases or piss their pants! 

Edited by Jingthing

Posted (edited)

Wasn't it the legendary Dicaprio who said "money talks and bullsh** takes the bus"

Edited by grifbel

2 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

You Pattaya folk are certainly living the life. 

You ain't whistlin' Dixie. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Make em hold it in. The staff too. Who do they think they are? Customers will be forced to cough up the cash right quick for their high end tech purchases or piss their pants! 

Might be time for you to become a franchisee of the adult diaper market!  I be smellin a winner, literally!

Edited by grifbel
  • Haha 2