Tukcom Pattaya Tai -- Public Sitting Space All Gone Now

Jingthing

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

What would the people who work there utilise? Paying customers would be annoyed if there were no toilet facilities.

The tables downstairs at TOPS were a throwback from the food centre that used to be there.

Following that Cheap Charlies would buy food in the supermarket and eat it at the tables placed outside.

Maybe they became unsightly or weren't tiding up after themselves. Who knows?

Actually the OP and other opinions are wrong about this.

I sat there for an hour with my Starbucks's.

Other people showed up with Mc'Donald's or just sitting on their phones.

In fact the day before most of the tables were full with just people hanging out.

Sure, they hope you buy something but I saw no one kicking people out of there for just sitting for one reason or another.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They're gone from public space. They were moved to INSIDE the store. No longer a PUBLIC space.

Read my post above.

Keep your thinking you certainly seem to have difficulty admitting you are wrong.

Go there and sit and see for yourself.....

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Read my post above.

Keep your thinking you certainly seem to have difficulty admitting you are wrong...

It's not the same thing to have tables INSIDE a store as having tables in a public space. That's not wrong. That's an objective fact.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's not the same thing to have tables INSIDE a store as having tables in a public space. That's not wrong. That's an objective fact.

No.

Your beef is about "public seating space"

And, this is in fact is being used for exactly that.

But if you are worried, buy a 10 b water and relax....

6 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I don’t recall ever seen a farang at those chairs tables.. I only notice once a while a Thai sitting there while sleeping with their head using the table as a pillow.

Well that's just random because of course the were used by a variety of people. 

The suggestion that the basement area outside Tops was some form of public park is hilarious. All anybody has to do now is buy a bottle of water in Tops and sit inside at the same tables and chairs. Or even ~40 baht for a coffee at the coffee stall inside the entrance. But no, the Cheap Charlie Brigade want Free. And make a scene about it.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:32 AM, swissie said:

Remember all the free "sitting-opportunities" on Beach Road? = If you want to sit in Pattaya, you have to pay for it.
The 2 to 3 steps leading up to some 7/11 stores as the last resort? Bring along a foldable Camping-Chair?

Help is there already …. can even support average Pattaya expat weight ...:clap2:

2019-05-20_234754.png

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Excuse me but whatever gives you the idea that anywhere inside a building is "Public Space"

More appropriate is "Space made available to the "Customers"

for trading purposes etc.

Best to do as the others on here say...... Buy something....then feel comfortable about using the "traders facilities" meant for "REAL" customers

In 10 years it never ceases to amaze me how the expats "hog" the seats on the first floor outside Big C at Klang

Usually the same old ....."click"

Whilst those of us with loaded shopping bags have nowhere to even re-tie a shoe lace, let alone take a break

1 hour ago, DD13 said:

Excuse me but whatever gives you the idea that anywhere inside a building is "Public Space"

Best to do as the others on here say...... Buy something....then feel comfortable about using the "traders facilities" meant for "REAL" customers

In 10 years it never ceases to amaze me how the expats "hog" the seats on the first floor outside Big C at Klang

Whilst those of us with loaded shopping bags have nowhere to even re-tie a shoe lace, let alone take a break

Very well put.  The sense of entitlement of these penny pinching and loitering economic free riders is unbelievable.  A workable and fair solution based on free market economics would be to make the area a cordoned off paid seating area.  Paying customers with receipts from shops who have purchased more than xx baht could also be entitled entry for a set period of time. Exceptions for special cases could be made.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't live in Pattaya.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Traubert said:

Then, excuse me asking the obvious question, but...................... ????

The OP "resides" I believe in Jomtien - so depending on your view maybe a bit of sophistry or just semantics in his response......

Very well put.  The sense of entitlement of these penny pinching and loitering economic free riders is unbelievable.  A workable and fair solution based on free market economics would be to make the area a cordoned off paid seating area.  Paying customers with receipts from shops who have purchased more than xx baht could also be entitled entry for a set period of time. Exceptions for special cases could be made.

Interesting.

I have bought several computers and other expensive purchases in Tukcom over the years.

If they tried something so piggy and obnoxious as that I would go out of my way to never do that again just based on principle.

If you actually seriously think that's a good idea I suggest mall management is not your calling.

Sounds like they need more public seats. People obviously like them and use them.

Have to agree with JT. Altho it could be argued about whether Tukcom is in decline. Sure, the top floors are a desert, especially the 4th which once drew huge numbers of people looking for pirated dvds. The ground floor, 1st-3rd floors are still quite busy. Few go there just for the Tops supermarket, I would suggest, and the nearby Amorn is a rip-off (for repairs, I mean). BUT, outside Tukcom is the most congested, stinky, people-unfriendly shopping area in Pattaya. Cheap, though. I'm sure hassled and harried shoppers would appreciate a little haven inside Tukcom, should its management give it some thought - passing trade is highly prized, after all.

Archived