Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 July 2019 16:44
Jingthing

Tukcom Pattaya Tai -- Public Sitting Space All Gone Now

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This seat was near the front on the first floor crying for attention.

If the OP needs a place to sit and rest, seems like the perfect spot....

IMG_20190518_151901913.jpg

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 6:25 PM, galt67 said:

A shopping mall, is today's 'public square' thus NEEDS 'people.'

 

Even if just sitting, not shopping, otherwise it looks (feels) dead. Think of walking into a bar or restaurant with ZERO (or few customers). NOT inviting.

 

Central Festival, to their credit for example, recently created an Expats Chess area (4th floor, towards the Beach) with about 10 tables. Kudos to the management!

I like seeing the chess players every day on the beach....That is till they removed all the seats...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I like seeing the chess players every day on the beach....That is till they removed all the seats...

They didn't. Still many public benches on Pattaya beach promenade.

 

pattaya-beach-promenade.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A troll post and a reply have been removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

They didn't. Still many public benches on Pattaya beach promenade.

 

pattaya-beach-promenade.jpg

OK sorry they only removed 95% of the seating....

 

Edited by fforest1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Still many public benches on Pattaya beach promenade.

They installed some at the north end yes..but the ones at the south end was where all the "action" used to take place..as for chess   they used to also sit in Burger King at Royal Garden.. I've also seen them at the food court downstairs at Central Pattaya Beach.

 

When Harbor Mall first opened they had lots of lovely sofas..soon signs appeared saying "no sleeping"

then the sofas where removed 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

OK sorry they only removed 95% of the seating....

 

This was not a joke or exaggeration... 95% of the seating on the promenade was ripped out never to be seen again in 2013....

 

The seating went from north to south solid.....

 

If you were not here then this may be hard to believe but thats the way it was....

Edited by fforest1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many old white guys sitting around all day, with a bottle of water they brought from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Life can be so difficult.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, bender92 said:

Too many old white guys sitting around all day, with a bottle of water they brought from home.

So if old white guys are not spending 3000-5000 baht a day their life is worthless.....And they should just stay home or check out as soon as possible?....

 

Thats just horrible to have to look at retired guys sitting and talking to other retired guys on the beach.. 

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 3:56 AM, Jingthing said:

Why are the toilets free then?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

 

What would the people who work there utilise? Paying customers would be annoyed if there were no toilet facilities.

 

The tables downstairs at TOPS were a throwback from the food centre that used to be there.

Following that Cheap Charlies would buy food in the supermarket and eat it at the tables placed outside.

Maybe they became unsightly or weren't tiding up after themselves. Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamJar said:

 

What would the people who work there utilise? Paying customers would be annoyed if there were no toilet facilities.

 

The tables downstairs at TOPS were a throwback from the food centre that used to be there.

Following that Cheap Charlies would buy food in the supermarket and eat it at the tables placed outside.

Maybe they became unsightly or weren't tiding up after themselves. Who knows?

They're gone because they are now renting the space to a large vendor. 

Suggesting no toilets was meant as a SATIRICAL comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

They're gone because they are now renting the space to a large vendor. 

Suggesting no toilets was meant as a SATIRICAL comment. 

 

 

It seems that they are still there after all. Just another one of your silly threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15582350888605430973646335047688.thumb.j

 

Reposting a pic from earlier in the thread.

 

Fake news!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamJar said:

 

 

It seems that they are still there after all. Just another one of your silly threads.

Can the personal attacks, dude.

No. The tables are GONE from the public space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...