Tukcom Pattaya Tai -- Public Sitting Space All Gone Now

Jingthing

10 hours ago, grifbel said:

Very well put.  The sense of entitlement of these penny pinching and loitering economic free riders is unbelievable.  A workable and fair solution based on free market economics would be to make the area a cordoned off paid seating area.  Paying customers with receipts from shops who have purchased more than xx baht could also be entitled entry for a set period of time. Exceptions for special cases could be made.

The loitering penny pinching free riders use to hang out on the promenade until most of the seating was cruelly removed....Public seating is not a privilege it is a basic human right.....Pattaya need lots and lots MORE public seating not less...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

The loitering penny pinching free riders use to hang out on the promenade until most of the seating was cruelly removed....Public seating is not a privilege it is a basic human right.....Pattaya need lots and lots MORE public seating not less...

Why so thais can claim them for a 2 hour sleep session, so hawkers can claim them to sell honey or watches from? There is good reason why there is nowhere to sit along beach rd or second rd, even the rare seating in 7/11 is taken buy school kids sipping on water for an hour while playing on their phones enjoying the icy cold air con

12 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Actually has nothing to do with "human rights".

Have to agree with JT. Altho it could be argued about whether Tukcom is in decline. Sure, the top floors are a desert, especially the 4th which once drew huge numbers of people looking for pirated dvds. The ground floor, 1st-3rd floors are still quite busy. Few go there just for the Tops supermarket, I would suggest, and the nearby Amorn is a rip-off (for repairs, I mean). BUT, outside Tukcom is the most congested, stinky, people-unfriendly shopping area in Pattaya. Cheap, though. I'm sure hassled and harried shoppers would appreciate a little haven inside Tukcom, should its management give it some thought - passing trade is highly prized, after all.

It seems every square centimeter of “open space” ( Tuk Com) for walking on floors B-2 are rented out to trashy vendors. I find shuffling through the narrow maze bumping into customers not relaxing. Why anyone would want to go to this depressing dump must be hard up for entertainment. By the way, there is a small park across from Pattaya Bangkok hospital and a couple wat grounds have a “patch” of serenity to sit at. I have my own place along Wongamat beach which I will not share the location since I want it to remain quiet & not crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually has nothing to do with "human rights".

Civilized society have lots of public seating....Central festival has a fair amount of public seating on all floors.....Its pathetic that a businesses or a city thinks people need to be spending money every moment of their life..  

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Civilized society have lots of public seating....Central festival has a fair amount of public seating on all floors.....Its pathetic that a businesses or a city thinks people need to be spending money every moment of their life..  

????

I get what you are saying but using the description "human rights" is downplaying the importance of the world wide human right struggles.

Has nothing to do with finding a seat at a mall.

A better description would be of a "convenience for humans" like a toilet or trash can.

6 hours ago, toenail said:

It seems every square centimeter of “open space” ( Tuk Com) for walking on floors B-2 are rented out to trashy vendors. I find shuffling through the narrow maze bumping into customers not relaxing. Why anyone would want to go to this depressing dump must be hard up for entertainment. By the way, there is a small park across from Pattaya Bangkok hospital and a couple wat grounds have a “patch” of serenity to sit at. I have my own place along Wongamat beach which I will not share the location since I want it to remain quiet & not crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Erm....you gave that away didn't you? Used to be my secret places until they built the Cove and Cape Dara. 

Archived