Tourist visa help applying

I'm looking to stay in thailand for 3 months, august to november, never been before and want to do this right. So I want to apply for a single entry TV. I'm from USA and will be sending a visa application to the DC embassy. Will they accept my application if I have "90 days" under "length of stay", seeing as tourist visa is 60 days? I'm gonna be extending it 30 days. Will they accept my application seeing as my flight will be a 90 day round-trip and not 60 days or less? Also, for certain questions on the visa application, do I have to  fill them ALL? For example on http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Visa-Form.pdf #5 I don't have references, on the bottom of the page it says the application has to be filled in fully. So what would I put if I have no references? What do I put under "date of previous visits to thailand" if I've never been? Under " Permanent Resident Card (Green card) No." would I put N/A or just leave it blank?

When I’ve applied for a tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in the UK I’ve stated 60 days, but bought a return ticket that was 6 months between departure and return. After around 55 days I went to immigration and extended for 30 extra days. No issues.

I then spent a month in Vietnam and Bali before returning to Thailand on another tourist visa and then headed home. No issues.

If you’ve never been to Thailand leave blank or put N/A. I don’t understand what you mean by references?

12 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

When I’ve applied for a tourist visa at the Thai Consulate in the UK I’ve stated 60 days, but bought a return ticket that was 6 months between departure and return. After around 55 days I went to immigration and extended for 30 extra days. No issues.

I then spent a month in Vietnam and Bali before returning to Thailand on another tourist visa and then headed home. No issues.

If you’ve never been to Thailand leave blank or put N/A. I don’t understand what you mean by references?

Read the application form, #5, it asks for references in USA. So you sent them your ticket showing you're not leaving for 6 months, or you showed them a different ticket? When filling in the boxes on the application form, do you just put a "X"?

1 hour ago, prevaill said:

Will they accept my application if I have "90 days" under "length of stay", seeing as tourist visa is 60 days? I'm gonna be extending it 30 days.

It probably doesn't matter what you write for length of stay, but I would advise you put 60 days as that is the maximum stay allowed for the visa you are applying for.

Will they accept my application seeing as my flight will be a 90 day round-trip and not 60 days or less?

Probably. Most embassies/consulates will accept onward flights of up to 90 days.

Also, for certain questions on the visa application, do I have to  fill them ALL? For example on http://thaiembdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Visa-Form.pdf #5 I don't have references, on the bottom of the page it says the application has to be filled in fully. So what would I put if I have no references?

References are not required for a Tourist Visa application. It's a generic form. Just leave it blank.

What do I put under "date of previous visits to thailand" if I've never been?

Leave blank or n/a.

Under " Permanent Resident Card (Green card) No." would I put N/A or just leave it blank?

Leave blank or n/a.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, prevaill said:

Read the application form, #5, it asks for references in USA. So you sent them your ticket showing you're not leaving for 6 months, or you showed them a different ticket? When filling in the boxes on the application form, do you just put a "X"?

see elviajero note above. 

45 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

lol ... you're seriously overthinking this ... send it in and see what happens, or call them and ask.

ik but i dont want them to decline it and have to re-do it, i tried to call and its just all automated. you have to pay for 2 priority envelopes, the $40 money order, get all the documents etc. dont wanna do it 2x

Edited by prevaill

Inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed.  Please be reminded of this forum rule which you agreed to abide by when you signed on to this forum:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Link to the forum rules:  https://forum.thaivisa.com/terms/