Man adopted by Belgians hunts for his Thai parents

rooster59

Man adopted by Belgians hunts for his Thai parents

By The Nation 

6a35cd89890d7462eb7ab395e8f5e5dc-sld.jpeg

A Thai-born man adopted by a Belgian couple 27 years ago has returned to Thailand in the hope of finding his biological parents.

Pisanu Damiem is looking for them in Phitsanulok, where he was found abandoned as a four-month-old by residents who gave him the abridged form of the province’s name.

Now a professional dancer in Belgium, Pisanu is quizzing people in Phitsanulok using a translation app because he cannot speak Thai.

He acknowledged that the chances of him locating his biological parents were slim.

But he’s had help from residents including monks at Wat Sutsawat where he was left outside a wall 27 years ago.

A staff member at the hotel where Pisanu is staying has also been helpful.

Pisanu’s adoptive parents knew about his birthplace and some other details and he decided to come to Thailand and search. He knew that, after being found outside the temple, he was taken to the Pakkret nursery shelter in Nonthaburi.

He arrived in Bangkok on May 14 and spoke to officials at the shelter, discovering that police from Phitsanulok had taken him there.

He sought help from the abbot of Wat Sutsawat, Phrakru Prapatsotitikun, who said he was not the abbot at that time but was willing to help.

“The temple has helped by asking around about Pisanu,” the abbot said.

Anyone who has information can contact Pisanu on his “Donnez Pisanu” Facebook page or via the shelter at (092) 269 4066.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30369572

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-18

Well I hope he has luck in finding his blood parents but also that he has the inner strength to accept that he could well be rejected again.  Assuming he was abandoned by say a 16 year girl 27 years ago that lady would now be around 43.   She may well have another family who are unaware of the fact she abandoned her child and hence will never wish to meet her son out of shame. Who knows.

11 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

He won't understand how he was a product of the same blood. 

51 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Now a professional dancer in Belgium

Oh, I suspect he might not be so unfamiliar with some of the spicier realities of Thai culture ????

2 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I just wonder why he is so keen to find his natural "parents", who didn't want him so long ago, for whatever reason that might have been?

My sister-in-law works with adoptees looking for their birth parents. It seems to be a real obsession amongst adoptees in Western countries

I hope this young man has watched video on Korean adoptees who find their biological parents.  Some of endings are just gut wrenching: the worst was when a biological father quickly asked for money.  No guarantee of a Happy Ending or even closure.  

8 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well I hope he has luck in finding his blood parents but also that he has the inner strength to accept that he could well be rejected again.

Can't say I care about the 4 I was forced to leave in the UK.

If they came looking for me I'd probably tell them to do one.

I know a girl who was adopted.... her adoptive parents gave her everything, love and a descent EDUCATION ... in the end, she returned to Thailand, to find out her mother just kept on making more babies that she kept... her mother died before she found her, but found the family...that started to ask for money from the "rich" adopted girl.... she did not care that her adoptive parents gave her a future and now "working" in Thailand...

many adoptive children end up killing themselves, keep on asking why, why this,  why that

22 hours ago, justin case said:

I know a girl who was adopted.... her adoptive parents gave her everything, love and a descent EDUCATION ... in the end, she returned to Thailand, to find out her mother just kept on making more babies that she kept... her mother died before she found her, but found the family...that started to ask for money from the "rich" adopted girl.... she did not care that her adoptive parents gave her a future and now "working" in Thailand... 

many adoptive children end up killing themselves, keep on asking why, why this,  why that

This is sad indeed. We will never know but one of the reasons she came back may be that she identifies herself as Thai, and felt more comfortable in Thailand. This might have be exacerbated by the prejudice she might have experienced in farangland for being "different".  

Archived