Insurance for retirement visa

bootly66

Unless you are applying for a OA long stay visa at a embassy or consulate in your home country you do not need to worry about the insurance.

Moving you topic to the insurance in Thailand forum.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you are applying for a OA long stay visa at a embassy or consulate in your home country you do not need to worry about the insurance.

Moving you topic to the insurance in Thailand forum.

And probably medical insurance only required for the O-X category. From the embassy web site in the UK it is only indicated as a requirement for the 5 year O-X visa.

37 minutes ago, userabcd said:

And probably medical insurance only required for the O-X category. From the embassy web site in the UK it is only indicated as a requirement for the 5 year O-X visa.

O-A not yet. They said (probably) from begin of July.

if you buy a motorbike you get something in return for your money and it

does not go up in Price by 60% next year and once you pay that is it...paid in full. plus there are more than five motorbikes that you can choose to buy.

the motorbike shop do not dictate to you,,and as I have the money if I have

a problem I can just pay as you go...a bit like a motobike taxi.   

You could live in other countries, example: Philippines, Cambodia. Vietnam, etc and come to Thailand for intermittent treatment or maintenance tune up.  If it's ongoing treatment, that's another story. Try Cigna, they give quotes for expats insurance.  However, the problem others identified issues exist with age and preexisting conditions.  Either way, this is NOT looking good.  Likely, this is only the beginning too with restrictions.  

29 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Why would you live anywhere without health insurance?  So many TV threads about buying new motorbikes, which new car to buy,  new phones, new computers,  traveling back home, vacationing, paying thai wife, girlfriend monthly allowance, and even having kids when over the age of 50 or more.

Yet those same TV members seem so upset about paying for health insurance? 

All about priorities, but you cant enjoy your prized possessions and significant others if you be dead or dead broke from an illness or accident. 

I had top class AXA insurance for 10 years in Singapore and Thailand. They completely ripped me off 4 out of 4 times, a total waste of 1M baht. Example, had stents for a single bad spot in my heart. Later they said they found one clinic visit 2 years prior where my BP was slightly high, and refused to pay. I fought threatening a law suit, then they agreed to pay. But then they excluded the stents (most of the cost) quoting a "prosthetics device" clause meant to cover eye glasses, etc. Now I am almost 70, have several minor issues and insurance would pay for absolutely nothing.

So I put the question back to you. Why on Earth would I waste my money on medical insurance, just that much less I can give to the hospitals, and my family. Literally, the loss of the money would threaten my medical well being.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Most insurance discussions get removed from here as there is another Forum specifically for it.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/121-insurance-in-thailand/

It still isn't certain that Health Insurance is a requirement for living in Thailand.

But generally it is better to have it in case of illness or hospitalisation.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, Skallywag said:

Saw this link to thai insurance companies on another thread recently.  https://longstay.tgia.org/

That is actually the site mentioned by the Ministry of Health in its recent announcement.  Six companies are listed in the site.  Pacific Cross (and maybe some others) are less expensive than Bangkok Insurance. 

One of the companies (Navakij) has a truly long and outrageous list of conditions/treatments not covered by their long-stay policy, including:

5. Treatment to relieve symptoms commonly associated with aging.....

Just what you'd hope for from a policy aimed at retirees....  555

A friend just renewed his retirement visa yesterday and was told by immigration,

Insurance Requirement: Those holding a Non Immigrant O type visa are exempt from insurance requirement.

Archived