SA cocaine mule 'Druglocks' has sentence reduced in Thailand amnesty

rooster59

SA cocaine mule 'Druglocks' has sentence reduced in Thailand amnesty

BY TIMESLIVE

unnamed (1).jpg

A screen grab from a television station in Thailand of Nolubabalo 'Babsie' Nobanda. 
Image: File photo/Archive

Convicted drug mule Nolubabalo "Babsie" Nobanda, who is serving time behind bars for smuggling cocaine in her dreadlocks, has had her sentence reduced in an amnesty granted to prisoners in Thailand.

Nobanda was sentenced to 15 years in jail after being caught at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport with 1.5kg of cocaine mixed with baking powder in her dreadlocks in 2011.

She will benefit from a general amnesty granted to prisoners by recently crowned Thai King Maha Vajiralongkorn. Her sentence had been commuted by two and a half years – meaning she could be released in 2024.

Full story: https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2019-05-16-sa-cocaine-mule-druglocks-has-sentence-reduced-in-thailand-amnesty/

Times LIVE: 2019-05-18

6 hours ago, jessebkk1 said:

For those unsure, the letters "SA" in the article refers to the the country "South Africa". Interestingly that was not stated anywhere in the article heading or content.

many thanks! i was just wondering about the acronym SA

I thought drug related  offenses never benefited from amnesties, here? I know a guy sentenced to thirty years for smuggling heroin by paramotor, he had Royal connections.......no sign of him getting out early!

Archived