Future Forward party to form coalition government in seven days

rooster59

Future Forward party to form coalition government in seven days

Piyabutr.jpg

Future Forward secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul is confident that his party will be able to garner enough support to form a coalition government within seven days, after the party got the greenlight from Pheu Thai party’s chief election strategist Sudarat Keyuraphan.

He had accused Pheu Thai of being too slow in forming its coalition, forcing the Future Forward party to assume the lead role.

Unlike a big party like Pheu Thai, which has been involved in many conflicts, Piyabutr claims that the new Future Forward party does not have a track record of conflicts with most parties, better placing it to come up with the “third camp’s coalition alliance”.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/future-forward-party-to-form-coalition-government-in-seven-days/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-18

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

My goodness...!

This will bring on a tanty, nothing surer. The "impartial" Electoral Commission will act immediately to crush this move. 

Very strategic and forward thinking.

Dems do not want to align themselves with thaksin proxy party but would be more than happy to align with future forward.

i suspect Bumj might have similar feelings 

Unfortunately he could soon be toast if he has no evidence to prove that the phone call made to his mother regarding giving  20 FF politicians to PP in exchange for having all charges against him dropped is genuine.

44 minutes ago, Denim said:

Unfortunately he could soon be toast if he has no evidence to prove that the phone call made to his mother regarding giving  20 FF politicians to PP in exchange for having all charges against him dropped is genuine.

That's Thanathon not Piyabutr.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

This will bring on a tanty, nothing surer. The "impartial" Electoral Commission will act immediately to crush this move. 

You sure Got that right! Junta already has their foot on the EC's throat to direct the EC to put their noose on FFP's neck. 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Dems do not want to align themselves with thaksin proxy party but would be more than happy to align with future forward.

'Deputy Prime Minister' (how come?) Somkid Jatusripitak has accelerated the spending of investment capital of five state firms .........blah blah blah

FFP please put out your own immediate plans and sign up partners to form a government.

'Rap Against Dictatorship" where have you been?  As the youth of the country look for a focus for their anger and desire for change you have gone quiet.

4 minutes ago, greeneking said:

'Deputy Prime Minister' (how come?) Somkid Jatusripitak has accelerated the spending of investment capital of five state firms .........blah blah blah

FFP please put out your own immediate plans and sign up partners to form a government.

'Rap Against Dictatorship" where have you been?  As the youth of the country look for a focus for their anger and desire for change you have gone quiet.

Any chance to get a translated version ?

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Agree totally. Put the Dem and BJT in an awkward position. They can’t use Thaksin as an excuse and if they align with PPRP, it will expose their hypocrisy and their betrayal of the people and democracy. Thanathorn is steps ahead of those dinosaurs in PPRP. 

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I wish, but not a chance.

Well if the army folks (and their PM) try to create more silly 'legal' road blocks they are only pushing the populace closer to an all out rebellion. 

Right now I'm wondering if the sudden appearance, a few months back, of the thug type army leader is a deliberate plant to keep the masses quiet and frightened. 

But it does still worry me whether Khun Thanathorn has some alliance to the paymaster. It's been said many times but I haven't seen any evidence of this. One point being why is PT so readily and verbally announcing that FF take the lead. That's not a typical paymaster or PT stance. Or is that just desperation to be able to stay in a government?

Anybody got any facts on this point?

15 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Agree totally. Put the Dem and BJT in an awkward position. They can’t use Thaksin as an excuse and if they align with PPRP, it will expose their hypocrisy and their betrayal of the people and democracy. Thanathorn is steps ahead of those dinosaurs in PPRP. 

Just as I posted, it was reported that Dem and BJT have caved in to the junta after being offered juicy positions. Anutin will get the Health Minister portfolio to enable him to fulfill his commercial marijuana pledge. Banyat will get the Parliament speaker position. These 2 parties have sold out the people again for their own interest. Hope that only a rumor and hope Thanathorn succeed in forming the next government. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Just as I posted, it was reported that Dem and BJT have caved in to the junta after being offered juicy positions. Anutin will get the Health Minister portfolio to enable him to fulfill his commercial marijuana pledge. Banyat will get the Parliament speaker position. These 2 parties have sold out the people again for their own interest. Hope that only a rumor and hope Thanathorn succeed in forming the next government. 

I do not believe either have announced their positions yet, both set to announce on 20 May .

they may have been offered but may not have accepted, unless I missed some latest news 

1 hour ago, bannork said:

That's Thanathon not Piyabutr.

Yes , bad wording. What I meant was that FF could be toast on account of Thanathorns ' bad joke ' story.

Certainly hope not but Palang Pracharat et al  are running scared of Future Forward and clearly intend to nobble them if they can.

3 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

You may need better sex !!!!

I couldn't handle better (sex), it's great. But I can't handle another 4 years of junta rule.

17 minutes ago, neeray said:

I couldn't handle better (sex), it's great. But I can't handle another 4 years of junta rule.

Maybe the junta need better sex to keep their asses out of politics.

Unlike their usual sex involving oneself only. Clearly not good mass debators.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Anybody got any facts on this point?

A possibility of strategic planning.

The EC can unilaterally punish/ban Candidate Thanathorn from taking political office for suspected pre-election alleged crimes.

However, should Thanathorn be sworn in as MP before the EC can finalized its adverse action, the appropriate authority not longer rests with the EC. Then the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) becomes the appropriate agency for removal of MP Thanathorn from office as a political office-holder.

Hence, FF's rush for the coalition.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He had accused Pheu Thai of being too slow in forming its coalition, forcing the Future Forward party to assume the lead role.

The party that could do the country some good is being crushed while the old dinosaurs are squeezing the life out of it !!

21 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

A possibility of strategic planning.

The EC can unilaterally punish/ban Candidate Thanathorn from taking political office for suspected pre-election alleged crimes.

However, should Thanathorn be sworn in as MP before the EC can finalized its adverse action, the appropriate authority not longer rests with the EC. Then the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) becomes the appropriate agency for removal of MP Thanathorn from office as a political office-holder.

Hence, FF's rush for the coalition.

It would also be highly embarrassing for Prayuth from an international point of view.The world would be reminded of the coup makers' dirty old tricks.The fig leaf of democracy - even taking into account the sham election would be torn away

That's why it won't be allowed to happen.

Archived