Future Forward party to form coalition government in seven days

rooster59

23 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

A possibility of strategic planning.

The EC can unilaterally punish/ban Candidate Thanathorn from taking political office for suspected pre-election alleged crimes.

However, should Thanathorn be sworn in as MP before the EC can finalized its adverse action, the appropriate authority not longer rests with the EC. Then the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) becomes the appropriate agency for removal of MP Thanathorn from office as a political office-holder.

Hence, FF's rush for the coalition.

Once Parliament opens on May 22 by the King, Thanathorn will have Parliamentary immunity and can’t be removed unless by a higher court or by Parliament itself. Really inprecedented stuff and the legal process can dragged for a long time. Technically the EC has ran out of time to charge Thanathorn. I think he is in the clear unless the junta reaches into their dirty bag of tricks and manupulate another corrupt act as they always do. 

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Once Parliament opens on May 22 by the King, Thanathorn will have Parliamentary immunity and can’t be removed unless by a higher court or by Parliament itself. Really inprecedented stuff and the legal process can dragged for a long time. Technically the EC has ran out of time to charge Thanathorn. I think he is in the clear unless the junta reaches into their dirty bag of tricks and manupulate another corrupt act as they always do. 

I sincerely hope you are right, fingers crossed, there is hope for Thailand yet !!

3 hours ago, greeneking said:

'Deputy Prime Minister' (how come?) Somkid Jatusripitak has accelerated the spending of investment capital of five state firms .........blah blah blah

FFP please put out your own immediate plans and sign up partners to form a government.

'Rap Against Dictatorship" where have you been?  As the youth of the country look for a focus for their anger and desire for change you have gone quiet.

R A D are on the run in Laos , fearing for their lives

#SaveFaiyen  Type it into twitter and you will see!!

twitter.com/pakhead

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

A possibility of strategic planning.

The EC can unilaterally punish/ban Candidate Thanathorn from taking political office for suspected pre-election alleged crimes.

However, should Thanathorn be sworn in as MP before the EC can finalized its adverse action, the appropriate authority not longer rests with the EC. Then the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) becomes the appropriate agency for removal of MP Thanathorn from office as a political office-holder.

Hence, FF's rush for the coalition.

Naughty naughty, you have deliberately selected just a part of my earlier post and the comment you then submitted doesn't go anywhere near the real and very clear meaning of my post.

Please answer the real question in my post. 

11 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well that is excellent news and needed if the country is to move forward. Let's hope a long life and good health prevails.

And yet their health must remain a concern in todays political environment. Wonder how likely this is? One can only hope!

One point about next week's by election in Chiang Mai. The Pheua Thai candidate was red carded so the party can't run. In the election he got around 50,000 votes,  FF over 20,000, the Democrats 2,000.

FF have been campaigning hard with large crowds attending the night rallies. Thanathorn is calling for a record 100,000 votes, unrealistic but FF should win by a massive figure, assuming the PT votes are transferred to FF.

So, FF win one constituency seat, and how about the party list? They may get 60,000 votes or more.

Surely that means more party list seats, after all the minnows won seats with 30,000 votes?

A very interesting video "An evening with Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit".

A talk that took place at the Foreign Correspondents Club Thailand about 3 days ago.

I would post the link but I'm not sure whether it is allowed.

Have a look on youtube.

3 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

A very interesting video "An evening with Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit".

A talk that took place at the Foreign Correspondents Club Thailand about 3 days ago.

I would post the link but I'm not sure whether it is allowed.

Have a look on youtube.

Unless it's been taken down it was on here yesterday, I spent a while watching it, I like him, fingers crossed that they win and do some good for this beleaguered country. 

Just checked, it's not on here, it may have been in a different thread, I will try and check.

Unless it's been taken down it was on here yesterday, I spent a while watching it, I like him, fingers crossed that they win and do some good for this beleaguered country. 

Yes I found it very interesting especially the part where he talks about counting votes and describes the members of his party. Just normal folk, none of them have been involved in politics before, some are farmers, they work on a farm, four are LGBT and 15% are women.

He seems to be a down to earth guy and pleasant to work for. To be serious, it's a shame he's not PM. I really have warmed to this guy. But Abhisit was good at speeches too and what a disappointment he was.

3 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Yes I found it very interesting especially the part where he talks about counting votes and describes the members of his party. Just normal folk, none of them have been involved in politics before, some are farmers, they work on a farm, four are LGBT and 15% are women.

He seems to be a down to earth guy and pleasant to work for. To be serious, it's a shame he's not PM. I really have warmed to this guy. But Abhisit was good at speeches too and what a disappointment he was.

I missed a fair bit of that video as I was due to take the Mrs for dinner, but, yes he does come across as intelligent and believable and also a nice guy to boot.

Don't be disheartened by the let downs of the old guard, I think this guy and his party mean business, clean business, open to scrutiny and coming up trumps, I truly believe we could be witnessing the birth of a new nation (if they win the coveted prize)

I feel an interview without coffee and a spell of 'attitude adjustment' features heavily in his future. No way the dinosaurs are going to let him anywhere near parliament.

A shame as, despite his wealth and connections to the 'elite,' he seems to be the breath of fresh air Thailand needs to drag itself into the 21st century.

Any jiggery-pokery by the Old Guard could weigh very heavily  and backfire against them at the next election if they continue to persecute him and his party.

If the PT actually lets FFP take control, and proves over an extended period of time that Thaksin really has left the building, this will have a dramatic effect on Thai politics. The people I know who support Prayut don't particularly like him, but hold their nose and support him because they feel he is the only one who can hold back the Shinawatras. If a new FFP alliance can excise all vestiges of Shinicism from their ranks, Prayut's days are numbered.

Almost nobody is going to put up with him and his watch wielding buddies once the Thaksin threat has been expunged. True or not, it is the fear of Thaksin's return that is keeping Prayut in power. If PT can really, provably take a supporting role and let the FFP assume leadership, things are going to change.

Archived