BANGKOK 20 May 2019 05:20
Tagged

Drainage farmland!

I would like to have an open system of cement stone! Any place I can get simular to this shape?

BF158166-7EF5-48CB-BA72-A676F4E698E4.jpeg

B23E2C89-40D5-4E76-B4CB-14C703C2E2BC.jpeg

E207A1FA-1988-407F-A48E-102A36A351FB.jpeg

584B13BD-B7D6-4ED5-B1DE-DCCF959B4702.jpeg

• Like 1

Costs a fortune. I looked at some, around 300 x 300 and they wanted B1,300 per metre.

Or concrete bottom and block sides, which is what I'm going to do....but only 200m in length.

Try that PVC liner (your other topic) PS interesting project, good luck with it.

Edited by grollies

Can I ask a question? why don't you just dig a pond ,you would have to line it ,that sand land will not hold water well ,then just use an pump and sprinklers .that is what we do for the garden if the wife puts in any new trees we just take a spur  off the main and put a sprinkler in 

Looking at your photos, you have got your system in place but as I see it you still have to get the water to the plants all those tanks around here one tank about 2700 baht, they have got to be filled up .mains water. Don't know your set up dig a pond near a building, house? roof water will help fill the pond,

One thing, they are a thread running the OP asked about coupling for those water tanks, I have looked at a few they all have a very coarse thread, not a normal tread difficult to find couplings, but I see you have used the normal PVC couplings, are  your tanks different or have  you found a way ,of attaching the PVC couplings. 

17 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Can I ask a question? why don't you just dig a pond ,you would have to line it ,that sand land will not hold water well ,then just use an pump and sprinklers .that is what we do for the garden if the wife puts in any new trees we just take a spur  off the main and put a sprinkler in 

Looking at your photos, you have got your system in place but as I see it you still have to get the water to the plants all those tanks around here one tank about 2700 baht, they have got to be filled up .mains water. Don't know your set up dig a pond near a building, house? roof water will help fill the pond,

One thing, they are a thread running the OP asked about coupling for those water tanks, I have looked at a few they all have a very coarse thread, not a normal tread difficult to find couplings, but I see you have used the normal PVC couplings, are  your tanks different or have  you found a way ,of attaching the PVC couplings. 

We are digging a pond, so all is going to come together, but Im not sure we will make a liner in it before the rain sets in. If not, we will cement the whole thing, as we will do with the dikes when the dry season starts, after the rice is cut. First then we can get machine and truck in to the land. 

The tanks have different treads, but I use a normal pvc coupling 2 inch, and force them on with silicon. I will try that and se how they perform over time, but so far working good. 

08D8FBEE-5E84-45C6-8F82-AED9DDEE497C.jpeg

Edited by Tagged

7 hours ago, Tagged said:

We are digging a pond, so all is going to come together, but Im not sure we will make a liner in it before the rain sets in. If not, we will cement the whole thing, as we will do with the dikes when the dry season starts, after the rice is cut. First then we can get machine and truck in to the land. 

The tanks have different treads, but I use a normal pvc coupling 2 inch, and force them on with silicon. I will try that and se how they perform over time, but so far working good. 

08D8FBEE-5E84-45C6-8F82-AED9DDEE497C.jpeg

You're digging that pond by hand? Wow. A large backhoe would set you back B14,000 and dig it in half an hour. A small backhoe would cost around B5,000 and do it in a couple of hours.

Gotta be cheaper than a couple of labourers taking two weeks plus the excavator could have done your drainage channels in the same day.