Chinese behaving badly: Flight delayed due to last minute shopping!

rooster59

Chinese behaving badly: Flight delayed due to last minute shopping!

1558062836_50426_13526302-7031753-image-a-20_1557923119149.jpg

Image: Workpoint News

Workpoint News featured a story in which a Chinese mother tried to prevent a flight leaving Bangkok for China because her daughter had not finished her shopping. 

The incident occurred as Spring Airline flight 9C 8892 from Suvarnabhumi bound for Shanghai was at the gate. 

Cabin crew had to calm passengers as a mother laid flat on the air bridge outside refusing to board because her daughter had some unfinished shopping. 

The flight was delayed 30 minutes. 

And eventually left without them. 

A YouTube video showed the confusion from inside the plane as Chinese tourists expressed their dissatisfaction on the cut price airline. 

Source: Workpoint News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-18

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not confined to the Chinese, or to airlines. I've lost count of the number of times a Green Bus in Chiang Mai has been delayed by up to 20 minutes because a Thai can't be bothered boarding on time. I'm looking forward to the day the operators wake up to the fact it's costing them money in fuel to keep the aircon running, and in extra engine wear, and start leaving on schedule.

I doubt she was shopping, I travelled to China in March and the queue waiting at the tax back counter was horrendous, well over an hour and many Chinese tourists had given up. Doesn't help that the Thai staff are very slow in processing the applications and only have a coupe of counters open 

Since to culprit was a chinese inflicting their stupidity on other chinese the matter should there, after all 1.38 billions of them surely some will turned out to like theses one...

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The should be banned from flying, for all future times, in all parts of the world! Idiots!

China already is doing that to millions of Chinese citizens, due to the social credit system and them being blacklisted. Something you can expect to see in the West within 10-20 years 

Not unusual.  In a former life, I had to deal with such passengers on a regular basis. The answer was to tell the Load Controller to button up the aircraft and leave without them.  Of course, in 'the good old days', you could take their luggage with you and leave them behind, they wouldn't normally do that again I bet.  Not so now of course. 

the problem is the checked in baggage for a passenger that fails to board the plane must be found and removed so airline weighs delay waiting for truant passenger(s) versus delay to find baggage and remove.

And if the mother and daughter had checked baggage that would also usually have to be unloaded as a security measure before departure.. A further cost burden for the airline, late departure by 30 min possibly another cost imposed by the airport, inconvenience to other passengers and additional cost for staff and powering the aircraft.. 

I hope a large fine and banning by airline for 12 months.. 

i have seen them in 7/11 and they spend there in little snacks on offer.sandwiches etc.not sure about the airport,they is a thai shop selling goods that 7/11 sell and a few others,so maybe she was they. but that is a fair way from the gates to leave.the Chinese can be annoying for sure in the  way they drive or sightsee.the airport is the next one now it seems,don,t know how the airline thought about the delay and what they thought about the cost incurred

There was the throwing of boiling hot noodles at the air hostess, then the Chinese kid taking a big dump on the footpath just a few meters from the malls toilets and now the delaying of a flight with the Mother lying down thinking they will wait for them. Such stupid tourists honestly.

We have this program called border security in Australia. One day a Chinese woman arrived with suitcases full of food and she didn't declare it, so they fined her. She said she would not pay, created a scene. They left her alone sitting on a bench, the customs shift changed, new staff on board, she's still sitting there. 12 hours later she decides she's had enough, pays the fine and off she goes. Why waste everybody's time. Not the smartest people in the world that's for sure.

so whats the problem?

Its a win win for everyone

trouble maker misses flight,

other tourists on the plane get a taste of their own medicine of their own behavior

Love it how the Chinese think its ok to break/bend the rules and that it doesnt apply to them

12 minutes ago, bmanly said:

There was the throwing of boiling hot noodles at the air hostess, then the Chinese kid taking a big dump on the footpath just a few meters from the malls toilets and now the delaying of a flight with the Mother lying down thinking they will wait for them. Such stupid tourists honestly.

We have this program called border security in Australia. One day a Chinese woman arrived with suitcases full of food and she didn't declare it, so they fined her. She said she would not pay, created a scene. They left her alone sitting on a bench, the customs shift changed, new staff on board, she's still sitting there. 12 hours later she decides she's had enough, pays the fine and off she goes. Why waste everybody's time. Not the smartest people in the world that's for sure.

and dont forget how virtually all of them think the fine is negotiatble, and if they say they have no money, the customs staff will simply say "oh thats ok if you dont have any money, just pass through and forget about the fine"

next minute they pull out $1000

isnt this the classic definition of losing face? or does it only apply to them when it suits them

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The should be banned from flying, for all future times, in all parts of the world! Idiots!

They probably already have been; once they finally arrived back in Shanghai, facial recognition will have clocked them, and their social behaviour score plunged to minus five million, meaning they not only cannot take a dump anywhere on any of the Shanghai Metro concourses ever again, but also never have children, up to five generations in the future.

55 minutes ago, toenail said:

Wow! This would never happen on an USA airline. The flight attendants would push the lady out & quickly close the cabin door.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Or send security onto the plane and drag them out. Then social media explodes saying how evil and nasty the airline was...

I guess the Thai's are OK with this behavior.  In the USA, I frequently had attendants slam the door in my face while making tight connections.  Business travel in the USA sucks.  Of course, the Chinese are now the preferred tourists so I guess they get some leeway.

1 hour ago, MellowYellow101 said:

China already is doing that to millions of Chinese citizens, due to the social credit system and them being blacklisted. Something you can expect to see in the West within 10-20 years 

Highly unlikely under democratic regimes.. Maybe at specific aspects like financial credibility, but not on every day to day activities like they are doing now in china.

Archived