Chinese behaving badly: Flight delayed due to last minute shopping!

rooster59

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LongTang said:

Highly unlikely under democratic regimes.. Maybe at specific aspects like financial credibility, but not on every day to day activities like they are doing now in china.

Things like this are rolled out step by step over a long period of time, as to not anger or scare people. At this very moment in time, agencies can and do monitor peoples microphones and cameras, it's common knowledge. It's also common knowledge that the NSA does what it does, but most people don't mind; why? Well because it has been enforced and implemented over time. The next step is only a little more restricting and invasive than the last. If they jumped from 1 - 100 then there would be an outcry, but it doesn't work like that 

Other than taking up a gate that was probably booked for other flights the only people being inconvenienced were other like minded individuals. They were just doing what the Thai government had encouraged them to visit the Kingdom to do. Big T may even send them free tickets back!

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's not confined to the Chinese, or to airlines. I've lost count of the number of times a Green Bus in Chiang Mai has been delayed by up to 20 minutes because a Thai can't be bothered boarding on time. 

..................and it always seems to be a well dressed , made-up woman about 25 years old and carrying hand luggage , smiling as she gets on the bus

11 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Of course, calling security to drag this pleb away was out of the question....!

In America first we would have peppered sprayed then tasered if this Chinese person didn't comply with a lawful order of a police officer to get off of the floor! None of this let this disruptive person get there way, it will happen again. Come on Thailand! This is ridicules how can you save face in the eyes of the world?

11 hours ago, MellowYellow101 said:

Things like this are rolled out step by step over a long period of time, as to not anger or scare people. At this very moment in time, agencies can and do monitor peoples microphones and cameras, it's common knowledge. It's also common knowledge that the NSA does what it does, but most people don't mind; why? Well because it has been enforced and implemented over time. The next step is only a little more restricting and invasive than the last. If they jumped from 1 - 100 then there would be an outcry, but it doesn't work like that 

I though they used tanks when the "outcry" occurred. 

More to the story?

I've not sure if this rule is still in effect. When passengers don't show up to board a decision must be made to first make an announcement if that doesn't happen their check in bags must be removed from the aircraft and that is the problem if the bags are in a container it takes time. The biggest problem as always is how the staff handles the situation?

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was involved in an incident at Don Mueang when an employee at the gate needed to call security. No-one answered. Probably all on a somtam break. Maybe the same thing happened on this occasion.

LoL, I had a similar problem when working as a police volunteer in Phuket and having to deal with a mentally-ill Russian woman in a shopping centre.

Were my calls to my Thai colleagues for urgent assistance acted upon?  Not a chance!! ????

This happens quite frequently in China held up for late passengers

for whatever reason. There are many flight delays in general especially where I lived Xiamen when the Chinese military closed air space for practice etc. Xiamen is a 45 minute boat ride to Jinmen (Kinmen)Taiwan.

The easy way to lesson this from happening close the door as stated in check in 20 minutes before flight. It might despcrease those who think they are privileged to be on time. 

HUGE signs say facing each other across the Taiwan straits article attached. I reckon translated to English would be <deleted> and <deleted> to...

i always tried to be calm calm and not make a fuss but every once in awhile I sparked up. Long line at check in. Well dressed and looked like he had money went to front of line. I politely got out 

of line and said see the line get at the back. He didn’t like it...

but he went the back.

B3B2F684-C3D5-475F-8023-D4B51BC8CB9A.jpeg

6 minutes ago, toenail said:

I want to see the video clip when these two inconsiderate passengers came on board. I can imagine the volume of scolding.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

As far as i remember about this episode the plane left without them, but i understand what you are saying!

On 5/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, Pilotman said:

Not unusual.  In a former life, I had to deal with such passengers on a regular basis. The answer was to tell the Load Controller to button up the aircraft and leave without them.  Of course, in 'the good old days', you could take their luggage with you and leave them behind, they wouldn't normally do that again I bet.  Not so now of course. 

It is "society's" fault for allowing this kind of behavior. I agree, the plane should have left with their luggage.

Archived