No alcohol sales all day today: Jail for lawbreakers

rooster59

11 minutes ago, les Dennis said:

The pitiful thing is, they will probably send officers round pubs and restaurants to check. If only they allocated this much man power to serious crime offenders. We all know people are still going to find a drink if they really want one, why not set up a breathalyser road checks and if they are really keen to find out whos selling, offer a reduced fine if they can prove they drank in a certain bar. That would put the cat amongst the pigeons. Bust one perp and get one free. ????

It's probably them selling it? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

for a real alcoholic,  it could be a death sentence.

The death sentence comes when an alcoholic's liver is so far gone they start shitting blood. Time off alcohol actually gives the liver some respite.

42 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't drink or at least almost never. Can not drink for months. 

Point is not really the not drinking but some stupid religion telling people what to do. That is what i disagree with.

But I do agree people should be able to go without alcohol for a day. 

If you think religions are bad on telling people what to do with alcohol, just try them on human sexuality.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Nasty, nonsensical comment. Smacks of someone who can't control their indulgences. Not you, of course. :vampire:

My thoughts are that people who are very vocal on alcohol and very vocal on ladyboys are most likely closet alcoholic ladyboy fanciers themselves.

Just sayin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Never mind the expat alcoholics ' Those that can not go without a drink for a day ' mob , the ones I DO feel sorry for are those that have arrived from a miserable cold climate , go to a bar on their hottest day ever and can't get one cold beer , they are possibly Christians not Buddhists and have been sitting on a plane for hours thinking of that first cold beer. ' Solly no hab , come back tomollow '.

At least the girls' fairies get a rest