No alcohol sales all day today: Jail for lawbreakers

rooster59

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Yes... its called 'self control'.... if only you had the same instead of posting some of your replies.

Yeah right never met a drinker who switched off when having a good time. Its always the alcoholics who try to hard to justify their drinking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

the 3 stooges puffin out their bird like chests in the above pic put more emphasis on spouting off on how stupid they are with budda alcohol bans than they do for cop killers (red bull cop killer).

What a pathetic bunch.

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The death sentence comes when an alcoholic's liver is so far gone they start shitting blood. Time off alcohol actually gives the liver some respite.

DTs will kill a guy.   Hopefully not w/in 24 hrs.   Usually worse 72 hrs than the first 24. 

• Like 1

Bunch of Ting Tong!  Maybe you should have let my Thai neighbors and his police buddies know that out in the darkside they just got done drinking all night just breaking up and going to sleep now 11:15 am.  Jail what jail seems like the lights are on but no one is home?

Hey wait a minute the guy in the middle looks sure looks like I just saw him?

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, topt said:

I'm curious. Quite a few posters on here blaming the current "government" for this and the BIB for enforcing it. Was it actually any different when there was "civilian" rule?

I seem to remember bans on Buddha days going back about 10 years?

There have been alcohol-sale bans for as long as I can remember (over 10 years). Civilian rule? I don’t think there’s ever really been civilian rule in its purest form. 

So what, for anyone needs to drink alcohol today the solution was to buy what they needed yesterday. 

As guests in this country we have to accept the laws and regulations they have here. Simple 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

According the the Thai public holiday list publication, Visaka Bucha day is Monday 20th. Banks closed. 

The religious holiday is today, May 18th. As it falls on a Saturday, it is observed (offices and banks closed) on Monday. Alcohol ban only today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Buddha would’ve let people decide for themselves; this is just another S.E. Asian country that has cnts in uniforms oppressing people.

I will always strictly abide by the laws and cultural ways of any host country I visit,but as you say knowing the ways of Buddhists open gentle ways they would prefer to do it your way, seeing as this country relies heavily on tourism I would have thought it would be more sensible to  let the locals do it their way for them, and allow a bit of slack for tourists, ah well no buying alcohol for me, good job I always have a stock, it says 'selling alcohol',  what about drinking alcohol ? better not drink for this day, just to be sure. (cough)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tengtai said:

So what, for anyone needs to drink alcohol today the solution was to buy what they needed yesterday. 

As guests in this country we have to accept the laws and regulations they have here. Simple 

Dont worry, plenty of places to buy despite what the government says,

20 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Many places around my neighborhood i can buy alcohol.....its ridiculous. It just hurts the chain stores, not the mom and pop shops.

Poor chain stores, having to obey the law and all that... whatever next.

Alcohol's available. I mean, if you're one of the fraction who don't know where to get such banned items on such days, then making a plan shouldn't be too difficult - I mean, you planned to come to Thailand and managed to make it here on-time (I assume).  It's not like they've never had a Buddha Day in Thailand before, right?

Edited by Odisan

2 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

the old coffee cup trick will work and the mum and pop shop will be ok to buy beer on any day along with a supply of local

It used to be a teapot with a cup and saucer. Apparently fooled everyone.

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Great post UNTIL u had go on with that last sentence. Nobody has ever said here, on any such thread, that they just couldn't survive without alcohol for a day. Or that they were gonna "go postal", keel over or commit harakiri. That is just something created by the booze adverse lot. Got a bone on for drink and drinkers for whatever reason. 

You made the point so well, then totally blinkered it up. 

I don't see how it was blinkered up.