BANGKOK
rooster59

No alcohol sales all day today: Jail for lawbreakers

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Yes... its called 'self control'.... if only you had the same instead of posting some of your replies.

Yeah right never met a drinker who switched off when having a good time. Its always the alcoholics who try to hard to justify their drinking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

the 3 stooges puffin out their bird like chests in the above pic put more emphasis on spouting off on how stupid they are with budda alcohol bans than they do for cop killers (red bull cop killer).

What a pathetic bunch.

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The death sentence comes when an alcoholic's liver is so far gone they start shitting blood. Time off alcohol actually gives the liver some respite.

DTs will kill a guy.   Hopefully not w/in 24 hrs.   Usually worse 72 hrs than the first 24. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bunch of Ting Tong!  Maybe you should have let my Thai neighbors and his police buddies know that out in the darkside they just got done drinking all night just breaking up and going to sleep now 11:15 am.  Jail what jail seems like the lights are on but no one is home?

Hey wait a minute the guy in the middle looks sure looks like I just saw him?

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, topt said:

I'm curious. Quite a few posters on here blaming the current "government" for this and the BIB for enforcing it. Was it actually any different when there was "civilian" rule?

I seem to remember bans on Buddha days going back about 10 years?

There have been alcohol-sale bans for as long as I can remember (over 10 years). Civilian rule? I don’t think there’s ever really been civilian rule in its purest form. 

1 hour ago, KhunKenAP said:

No change, except lights in bars turned off.

And your beer will be served in a coffee cup with the bottle hidden behind the counter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So what, for anyone needs to drink alcohol today the solution was to buy what they needed yesterday. 

As guests in this country we have to accept the laws and regulations they have here. Simple 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Get your vodka in a water bottle day by the look of it 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

According the the Thai public holiday list publication, Visaka Bucha day is Monday 20th. Banks closed. 

The religious holiday is today, May 18th. As it falls on a Saturday, it is observed (offices and banks closed) on Monday. Alcohol ban only today.

• Like 2