BANGKOK 16 July 2019 11:15
rooster59

No alcohol sales all day today: Jail for lawbreakers

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I bought Sangsom in my local hole-in-the-wall shop at the market this morning, no problem, as usual. :thumbsup:

It isn't a ban on toilet cleaning products.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

I know, but the choice was this or Hong Thong.

Edited by Vacuum
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Just rediculous. There will be today, as there is everyday, people drinking alcohol.

Can drink alcohol, Just cannot sell it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guitarzan said:

and the Buddhist culture and traditions!

What Buddhist culture? They're Animists with a thin veneer of Buddhism

• Like 2

Just came back from my local mum and pap shop with 6 Chang. Guess they didnt know😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mike787 said:

What the heck is wrong with Thailand: drink = jail, mandatory health insurance, Visa restrictions, 800/400K in the bank, motorcycle deaths, foreigners committing suicides, stabbings, sheer idiocy here...people have gone mad!  And they call this paradise?  At what COST?  Is home country that bad, that this place looks like heaven? Looks worse than hell...

You having a bad day Mike? 

Maybe you could down a cold one mate 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZAKY said:

Cannot sell but can drink isnt? 

Hic!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Just rediculous. There will be today, as there is everyday, people drinking alcohol.

There is no ban on drinking alcohol, the ban is on SALES.

48 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Nowt wrong with Sangsom , better then the revolting Thai whiskey and better than that crud called Chang.  Good job I have some Sangsom left as my local off licence is closed today so tonight Sangsom with ice and orange .

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Not holier than thou, I enjoy a whisky or two myself on weekends. Just can't understand how people get so dependent on alcohol as a crutch they can't do without it for a single day, or can't plan ahead to have supply beforehand.

Well your post referred to alcoholics and not being able to do a day without alcohol. That is why I said the holier than thou bit.

You post does not consider other factors like people being on holiday, something they may have saved for all year not being able to go for a social drink. In fact they may not be able to go out at all as many places will not open.

I like to watch football on a bar / pub and tonight it is the FA cup final. This restriction does limit the choice to do that.

I accept that this is the law. I don't particularly like it but that will make no difference, the law is the law but I am too old and boring to go out and try and hide my beer in a coffee mug. You class me as an alcoholic assuming I can't go a day without alcohol because I would prefer the restriction did not exist. You may think I am alcoholic, I think that argument is flawed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

What about all the people who will lose their livelihood for that day?

Er - isn't it supposed to be a holiday? Do liquor sellers here get annual leave? Probably not; however, 6 days mandated annual leave is not over-generous. I suspect the reason Thailand has so many public holidays is an example of Thainess in operation. Sorry, drifting a bit off topic.

46 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I know, but the choice was this or Hong Thong.

I can see we are getting into discussion of the creme de la creme of whiskys in Thailand, as consumed by all the HiSo lakorn actors.

Wow! let me get this straight....You are alcohol dependant and don't have the foresight to buy some hooch the day before. I don't have much empathy for you....sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1