BANGKOK 18 August 2019 06:41
rooster59

No alcohol sales all day today: Jail for lawbreakers

Reported post removed.

I have a few personal bottles of JD whiskey in my room just to get me through days like this but wish i would of know sooner so could of stocked my fridge as well with beers...      

CHOOKE DEE TO Budda,    Happy Visakha Bucha Day ....

Some personal bickering posts and the replies have been removed. 

Inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed. 

Just a quick hint to all the newbies in Thailand. If you go to a side street 'mom and pop' shop, you will be able to purchase alcohol there. They might wrap the bottles in newspaper, but you can still buy it descreetly. Obviously not near tourist areas such as Khao Sarn road.

This is the norm. All propoganda. For most Thai's it just means that 7/11 isn't selling alcohol. So fear not my worried chums. Shop smart today, and tomorrow everything will be fine.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Er - Is the holiday not on Monday in lieu of today?

Like the ass that I am, I was assuming that there would be no alcohol sold on Monday.  I wrote on my calendar to stock up Sunday with wine for Game of Thrones Monday.  Do I dare make another assumption -- it will be sold Monday?

Look over your shoulder lots of checkpoints set up all over the place they mean business don't mess with the BIB!  🤠

Personally, this has come as something of a relief. On a couple of Saturday evenings recently I have been sitting quietly in the corner of a local bar, engaged in an earnest discussion with one or more young ladies who serve there about the philosophical dichotomy between traditional Thai modesty and the brevity of their shorts, when there has been a blinding flash, a loud clap as if of thunder, and I have all of a sudden been struck drunk!

I wouldn't want it to happen again...

• Haha 1

It is their country, so they see this as right ,,, let em be 

The law is not stopping you from drinking just no sales, & if you are that dependent on it 

should have stocked up before midnight last night

Complete and utter Buffalo shit.

If you live in the bush life goes on there are no bans.

I have been drinking beer all afternoon today.

If you live in a big city then maybe you can't. 

Your choice.

what about yesterday? i´m sure people  who want to drink to-day hoarded a few bottles

Like the ass that I am, I was assuming that there would be no alcohol sold on Monday.  I wrote on my calendar to stock up Sunday with wine for Game of Thrones Monday.  Do I dare make another assumption -- it will be sold Monday?
You can buy booze on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

what about yesterday? i´m sure people  who want to drink to-day hoarded a few bottles

I'm sure that's great news for those in the hospitality business 😉 

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Not sure that giving people a holiday is "opressing" them?

It allows them to recover from the hangover .

46 minutes ago, JAG said:

Personally, this has come as something of a relief. On a couple of Saturday evenings recently I have been sitting quietly in the corner of a local bar, engaged in an earnest discussion with one or more young ladies who serve there about the philosophical dichotomy between traditional Thai modesty and the brevity of their shorts, when there has been a blinding flash, a loud clap as if of thunder, and I have all of a sudden been struck drunk!

Your Thai must be a lot more fluent than mine, and I am gobsmacked by the revelation you could discuss this intelligently with the ladies in question. I would have normally expected their contribution to the conversation to consist of giggling behind hands.

• Thanks 1