"Drunk" German - with ganja in his pocket - killed in Chiang Mai motorcycle smash

rooster59

17 hours ago, NancyL said:

They drive on the right side of the road in Germany.  I wonder if that could have contributed to the victim's disorientation?

I think the booze & ganja was enough !

Coincidentally enough , I witnessed a similar accident in CM a few weeks ago .

A Thai guy came out of 7/11 about 2 AM , got on his motorbike , went to make a U-turn and went straight infront of an on-coming car .

Ambulance came and took him to hospital .

Seems like that he simply didnt look before making his U-turn 

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:45 PM, farang1979 said:

Cased closed. A witness said he “looked” drunk and a bag of ganja was found in his pocket. 

No need for toxicology tests here. 

"An autopsy has been ordered at Maharat Chiang Mai Hospital and relatives have been informed". 

Missed that part, did you?

"An autopsy has been ordered at Maharat Chiang Mai Hospital and relatives have been informed". 

Missed that part, did you?

No, I didn’t but then if the autopsy shows he *wasn’t* drunk and *wasn’t* intoxicated it’s all a bit late is it not? After all, Col Gen Somchai and the roti seller said he was drunk and had pot on him already.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

True.

Maybe this video helps to stop unfounded speculation.

(FB account necessary)

As I wrote in Post #5 if he hadn't been in Thailand very long, perhaps he simply was confused about which way the traffic flows since they drive on the right side of the road in Germany.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:00 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Not sure how the Ganja relates unless he was also under the influence of that further exacerbating his complacency and lack of awareness of the traffic around him (witness said he pulled out into the road without looking and was hit by the vehicle).

Why do you believe he was not under the influence of ganja also. May be he just picked it up from street vendor to enjoy in his room.

Archived