O-A Visa health insurance

Its the fault of the for profit private hospitals, with their crazy prices  the very ones the Thai govt want to rein in.....36000 GBP for a cancer op at BKK private hospital...short flight 3000 gbp ,or free if UK  bound

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

And if you Can't pay? For cancer it's easily up to 2-3 million baht. 

I strongly doubt you have that cash. Otherwise you wouldn't be against a widely common way of insurance. 

Where would this op take place?,a  for profit private hospital no less,its those blood sucking locusts that have created this problem,  was,not for them no problem

1 minute ago, oxysong said:

Where would this op take place?,a  for profit private hospital no less,its those blood sucking locusts that have created this problem,  was,not for them no problem

I strongly agree with any plans to provide health insurance for any foreigner staying long or short time. 

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

No, you did'nt understand. 

In our Countries everybody got a health insurance. 

But then, when you come to Thailand you wouldn't need it?? Though the risk of road accidents is 10 times higher than in EU, even more. 

So why it is in your mind to throw yourself and your family in such a financial desaster?

Of course you are free to find a better insurence than the offered one. 

The govt insurance might be the right start to give protection. 

I think you didn’t understand, I’m not against insurance, I never come her without one. I’m against the new rule at least as it has been presented. But you should know that since I told you before. Read post 55 again.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1101315-o-a-visa-health-insurance/?do=findComment&comment=14155758

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bokningar said:

I think you didn’t understand, I’m not against insurance, I never come her without one. I’m against the new rule at least as it has been presented. But you should know that since I told you before. Read post 55 again.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1101315-o-a-visa-health-insurance/?do=findComment&comment=14155758

I don't know where your problem is. 

In #55 you said you came always to Thailand with a health insurance. 

So what? 

If you present this insurance to immigration showing the requested cover then you fulfill requirements.

So what is your point if not filling pages? 

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A inflammatory post flaming a member has been removed.

This topic is quickly getting close to running its course and will be closed if the bickering does not stop.

Time for this unneeded topic to be closed since there are 3 or 4 topics on page one of the Thailand news forum running. The discussion can be continued on one of them.

This topic now :mfr_closed1:

• Thanks 2