BANGKOK 18 July 2019 03:51

8 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Plan B (in planning stage) is just across the border into Cambodia, with ! year visa easy, cheap and no income requirement. Other 1/2 can easily visit family, and a lot of Thai spoken/understood.

There are many retirees here on low income. If we spend B500,000/yr, and 10,000 leave, how silly will Thailand look? 

Well, I suppose there are some retirees who have chosen Thailand as a nice country to live, but not as a mousehole to avoid payments to healthcare 

47 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's been explained to you in other threads using quotes from various sources who are dealing with the new proposal, but you still persist in blowing false smoke into the issue to cause confusion and paranoia, because you cannot understand what you read ….. if indeed you've read any of the updated reports clarifying exactly to what and whom the proposal affects, since the original announcement.

I wish you were right, but I doubt it very much.  You are telling us only someone getting a visa from an embassy or renewing one (not extension) will require insurance.  But those living here applying for extensions will not.  So that person who gets an O/A visa will not in the future need insurance when they do an extension?  I think you are the one blowing smoke and playing work games with extension and renewing.  I say you and anyone else saying this is sitting on their brains.

5 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

a lot more to it than that

A simple English test, TB test, proof of accommodation - anything else?

2 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

I wish you were right, but I doubt it very much.  You are telling us only someone getting a visa from an embassy or renewing one (not extension) will require insurance.  But those living here applying for extensions will not.  So that person who gets an O/A visa will not in the future need insurance when they do an extension?  I think you are the one blowing smoke and playing work games with extension and renewing.  I say you and anyone else saying this is sitting on their brains.

Once you go on to Extensions of Stay there are financial requirements.  The insurance is only required for OA and OX visas.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

There are many retirees here on low income. If we spend B500,000/yr, and 10,000 leave, how silly will Thailand look?

At each news there are members to suggest that "many retirees would leave" (and it never happen) but here again how few people may be concerned? I mean that, except maybe some very old seniors, who would live as retiree in Thailand without a Health Insurance already? :ermm:

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:

At each news there are members to suggest that "many retirees would leave" (and it never happen) 

True; the more likely impact will be declining new applications from some countries as retirees face the prospect of significant additional costs and falling exchange rates

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

"Other media"??  Don't tell me you mean Fabulous 103 FM?  🤣🤣

It was actually in Switzerland, Denmark and Australia

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

As I read in other media everybody applying for visa/extensions has to show insurance. 

So it's good to have a plan B. At last go back to NHS

So it has morphed into everybody applying for visas/extensions has to show insurance now? So much speculation.

Edited by userabcd

3 minutes ago, userabcd said:

So it has morphed into everybody applying for visas/extensions has to show insurance now? So much speculation.

Chinese whispers.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, userabcd said:

It's still unclear and likely will be for a fair amount of time. People just need to wait.

Is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

It was actually in Switzerland, Denmark and Australia

And you think they have more credibility than the "experts" on this Forum!

• Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

It's still unclear and likely will be for a fair amount of time. People just need to wait. Is that such a hard concept to grasp?

People demand certainty and hope - it's just human nature.  Tell them all will be well. What are they going to do if it turns out you were wrong? Sue you?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And you think they have more credibility than the "experts" on this Forum!

Well, 

On TV we have a lot of clairvoyants, fortune tellers, advocats, detectives, doctors, and fools probably. 

So take your choice 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1