Rainy season to begin May 20th

rooster59

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just shake the "magic 8 ball" no floods no drought - everything hunky dory - haven't a clue - hopefully if new PM from FFP is elected (though not likely) he can look and do something about it - or HM carry on his late fathers excellent work 

I am about to retire to Thailand, doing only for my Thai wife, I keep telling her of the suffering I will endure by being subjected to these people who seem to lack in common sense, it is never ending what crap they will come up with.

Exactly May 20 that’s impressive so the heavy sprinkles most all

week in the afternoon was just a preview, I did see what looked like

they where attempting to seed the clouds. It was a modern looking cannon think.. 

I was on the MC it’s out in the country side.... they tried to get me to stop but no thanks. A big crowd of folks....

9 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Bull shyt as usual. it started 10 days back over in Surin with 10 straight days for rain.????

I agree BS, you have had rain buy 20 km up the road they have not had a drop? it is like that around here, 10years ago we lost 40 rie of maize no rain 10 km one way they had rain, less than 10 km the other way rain,

Weather forecasting in LOS not easy water management less so ,our local dam Passak Jurlarsit,August last year they opened the gates and let a lot of water out it was only 50% full , as the rest of Thailand all the dames where full then, end of the short rainy seasons the dam was only 75%full if that, now about 20 % full going to need a lot of water this year  to fill it up.

As a New Zeland friend of mine said rain here, but not over they, like a one, mans rain. 

On the 20th May they give 60% chance of rain for our province on past forecasts the wife said that will not include us for sure.   

11 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Hm, has Rainy Season been properly informed on that too, memo and all ...?

Believe it when I see it, right now up here as dry as one of these 72 year old virgins waiting in some peoples paradise ...

My niece lives close to kapang pet and hasn't had any rain in months. They did get about 1 hour of rain while we were up there for songkran

I really do wish that they would make their collective brain cells work in tandem, I was gonna visit the outlaws with her indoors as of tomorrow (Sunday) for a day or 2, then a couple of days back they forecast torrential rain & high winds from 17 - 20 May, I said to the Mrs we'll give it a miss then.

Since that pronouncement it has been wall to wall sunshine and no chuffing rain, for Christ's sake make your bloody minds up you numpty's.

That means June 12th for goodness sake.

That lizard is more accurate than the Thai Met Office.

The SW Monsoon has to establish in India before it arrives in Thailand. That is not predicted to happen until into June:  

This year, the statistical model forecast suggests that the monsoon onset over Kerala is likely to be slightly delayed. The southwest monsoon onset is likely to set over Kerala on 6th June with a model error of ± 4 days.

It started "Raining in Bucket Fulls" for the Thai Insurance Companies just the other day.  I'm off home, so I no longer really care if it doesn't rain, other than all my friends in my Rice Village would suffer if it doesn't.  What a very sad state of affairs it has turned out to be.  However, who knows what the future will bring when I'm no longer 'Home' in Thailand?  Due to those "Dark Lings" who created this by not paying their due fees at a Hospital, I just hope they get their "Just Deserts" for their inconsideration. “Man’s inhumanity to Man." Good luck to you all, and don’t forget to take your Umbrellas.

21 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I'm told at 5.23pm, plus or minus 3 minutes 

I think your information is erroneous. I was told by the village witch doctor that the rainy season will start at 5:43.02!

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

I think your information is erroneous. I was told by the village witch doctor that the rainy season will start at 5:43.02!

we will see who is right tomorrow, can't wait. 

Archived