Amazing Durian and Fruit Festival at Central Festival through Sunday

Rimmer

Amazing Durian and Fruit Festival at Central Festival through Sunday

image.png

PATTAYA:--It’s all you can eat and buy durians and other Thai signature fruit through Sunday as Central Festival Pattaya Beach hosts the Amazing Durian and Fruit Festival.

The May 15-19 fair organized by the Department of Internal Trade features all-day durian buffets and farmer’s market from noon until 10 p.m. at the beachfront mall.

The buffet zone will have five seatings every two hours for 429 baht each. Fruit on offer includes Mon Thong durian, mangosteen from Chanthaburi, rambutan, longkong, Kinnaree watermelon, coconut juice and deserts like durian sticky rice and durian ice cream.

For those looking for takeaway items, the farmer’s market is offering Mon Thong durian, Kan Yao durian, Tub Tim Siam pomelo and processed agricultural products.

The event also features cultural performances, acoustic music and games to win cash vouchers from 11 a.m. until 9 p.m.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-18--

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The buffet zone will have five seatings every two hours for 429 baht each.

Eh .! Over 400 barts to eat that stuff .. They're having a giraffe methinks .. They'd have to give me dough to chow one gobfull of stuff that honks like its been in a drain .. 

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Eh .! Over 400 barts to eat that stuff .. They're having a giraffe methinks .. They'd have to give me dough to chow one gobfull of stuff that honks like its been in a drain .. 

I wouldn't even want to be around the durian ????

14 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Well at over 100 baht a kilo in the shell that is not cheap. It depends how much they give you, one segment, they are making a killing, unlimited, well they likely would lose money. The reality is you shouldn't eat too much of that stuff. It has alcohol in it and bumps up blood pressure. Very high cholesterol. I no longer find the smell puts me off, more now as appetizing. The stuff is addictive and delicious. Chilled with vanilla ice-cream......mmmm....

Archived