Germany designates BDS Israel boycott movement as anti-Semitic

rooster59

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you're the like police now? :stoner:

You know what I think is bigoted?
Progressives mostly in Europe but now spread to the USA telling other progressives that they are not pure enough to be real progressive because they support human rights for Palestinians, usually support a two state solution, and also support the right of Israel to exist and defend itself (even if not supporting the usual right wing governments in power). Often these progressives being attacked that way are Jews. From my POV, that's bigoted. 

Thanks for showing what a real deflection looks like. There are some who might improve their discernment by contemplating your post.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for showing what a real deflection looks like. There are some who might improve their discernment by contemplating your post.

You do realize the Palestinians are on record if they do achieve a state that they will not allow land sales to Jews? Is that progressive?

There is hypocrisy in the extremist anti Israel ideology coming from the left. Sorry you can't see or accept that.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You do realize the Palestinians are on record if they do achieve a state that they will not allow land sales to Jews? Is that progressive?

There is hypocrisy in the extremist anti Israel ideology coming from the left. Sorry you can't see or accept that.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Whatever the faults of Palestinians may be, that does not alter the fact that what you posted is a piece of bigotry.

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

So calling someone out on a bigoted characterization of the people BDS is supporting is a deflection? You think that should be given a pass? 

Edit: I just noticed that you actually gave Jingthing's bigoted post a "like". Very revealing.

No, that would be yet another instance of you jumping to comment on posts without properly reading previous ones, and figuring the context in which they were made.

The alternative would be you being aware of posts made and still making them pointless comments anyway.

As for "very revealing" - I guess you'll explain what, exactly. That it would be convulsed, judgemental and based on a "creative" interpretation of minute details, while ignoring other posts, is a safe bet.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Whatever the faults of Palestinians may be, that does not alter the fact that what you posted is a piece of bigotry.

You don't seem all that riled up when other posters engage in apparently the same, but in the other direction. Even on this topic.

16 hours ago, Morch said:

Hundreds, if the weather permits. The issue is more to do with how how far they can go to sea. Not that this actually got much to do with the OP, or even my the post your replied to. In fact, it doesn't even relate to your own claim of "pretend". Naturally, no discussion or mention of the reason the blockade is in place, or that it wasn't always the case.

The logic of the two bottom lines escapes me. If one follows your argument, it would appear that the stronger party is actually at a disadvantage with regard to negotiations. Other than reflecting some wishful thinking, nothing offered to support this point of view, or the rationale behind it. As for the last bit, maybe so, but that would also imply the Palestinians' lot won't improve. Seems like the main motivation of your posts is less to do with that part of the situation.

So you agree that Gazans are no more free now than when Israelis occupied the strip.

The blockade is in place because the Israelis will not make peace and allow the Palestinians their own state.

The logic of the two bottom lines escapes me.

The Irish fought the British for 600 years till Blair talked to the IRA. If the Israelis refuse to make peace with the Palestinians, as they are with their illegal settlements, the same situation will continue indefinitely. How could it not? The Palestinians are not going away, are they?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So you agree that Gazans are no more free now than when Israelis occupied the strip.

The blockade is in place because the Israelis will not make peace and allow the Palestinians their own state.

The logic of the two bottom lines escapes me.

The Irish fought the British for 600 years till Blair talked to the IRA. If the Israelis refuse to make peace with the Palestinians, as they are with their illegal settlements, the same situation will continue indefinitely. How could it not? The Palestinians are not going away, are they?

No, that would be your own twisted version of what I posted. In some ways, Gazans have more freedom than prior to Hamas takeover and the blockade becoming a thing, in some ways less. Noting that the current version of your post still doesn't explain the "pretend" bit. As for the blockade - allow me to point out that during many years prior to blockade, Israel and the Palestinians weren't engaged in negotiations either. To spell it out, it doesn't have to do much with the alleged reason cited. There's no similar blockade on the West Bank, for example. It does have a lot to do with the Hamas, but for some reason, you're insistent on ignoring that fact.

And now for the "logic" part. Again - no peace implies both sides continue to suffer the adverse effects of the situation. Your post seemed to refer solely to Israel effected, while ignoring that the Palestinians' lot is worse. Also, it still don't explain how Israel being the stronger party implies negotiation handicap.

Archived