Where is the best area in Pattaya to stay?

Chas Wanledear

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Pratamnak Soi 4 or 5 with a balcony open to the sea breezes. Restaurants, bars, street food, nice beach end of Soi 5. Motorbike taxis down the hill into town, then switch to baht bus on regular route, if you don't have your own.

...been living bottom area of Soi 5 for 5 years now, and yet to find another place I would like to move to...however if I would not ride a motorbike for whatever reason, then would be another story. Would be too unconvenient to stay here without even if not far from anywhere, yet too far without a bike 

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

...been living bottom area of Soi 5 for 5 years now, and yet to find another place I would like to move to...however if I would not ride a motorbike for whatever reason, then would be another story. Would be too unconvenient to stay here without even if not far from anywhere, yet too far without a bike 

Agree.  My new condo is beachfront on Soi5, it is actually pleasant at night to sit outside and drink wine.  Good sea breeze, good nearby food.  Wanna to to WS, that is what Grab Taxi is for. 

5 hours ago, murraynz said:

Cosy beach is great place to stay. Plenty of restaurants,quiet,yet I can get to walking st for 60baht on mbike taxi, or walk to baht bus takes 20 mins.. Good views, no sexy ladies looking for work.only problem is too many rude Russians in high season. 

"walk to baht bus takes 20 mins"

longer in rainy season and arriving soaking wet is not ok.  I lived there and never again ..

12 hours ago, madmen said:
13 hours ago, mushroomdave said:
City One Residence.  Very clean, new, great lady at the front desk daily, and out of the way just enough from the hustle & bustle.  Good sized room with + swimming pool for 4,500 + electric.    I have a room here with the bf (tour guide) who works in Pattaya and love it!!  https://city1residence.com/

Those prices include aircon? Looks like Great value

Like I noted "+ electric".

On 5/18/2019 at 11:49 AM, Chas Wanledear said:

I don't care about girly bars etc,

If you don't care about girly bars why the hell are you going to live in Pattaya. I'm genuinely puzzled. Yeah, it's cheap and all that, but there are a lot of places in Thailand a lot cheaper. I suppose it is Farang friendly.

I would suggest to never pay full price rental for anything.  There's a lot more rentals than there are people wanting to rent which makes it a renter's market.  If something is listed at 15,000 and you like it offer them 10,000.  All they can say is no.  They might come back with 12,000 but my point is everything is negotiable.  

I would also try to just get a 6 month lease.  If you don't like the area or apartment/condo you are renting it gives you an easier out.  

Good luck!

On 5/18/2019 at 6:05 PM, JHolmesJr said:

There is a soi in naklua, maybe Soi12, that lead to some temple of truth or something.

I loved that area....visited someone who had a nice bungalow there. Was lovely

I live across the street from the Sanctuary and even though the roads are full of potholes from the buses it is fantastic. Some nice houses to rent, clean air, no flooding and 5km from central Pattaya. Baht buses run from there all the way to Jomtien if you need

4 hours ago, smccolley said:

I live across the street from the Sanctuary and even though the roads are full of potholes from the buses it is fantastic. Some nice houses to rent, clean air, no flooding and 5km from central Pattaya. Baht buses run from there all the way to Jomtien if you need

thats how I remember it....also very quiet as it's set quite a way back from main road. No bars

I live across the street from the Sanctuary a//. Baht buses run from there all the way to Jomtien if you need

Bahtbus at Sanctuary?? From what I know there is no bahtbus route inside all this area of Naklua. You have to go to the big Pattaya-Naklua Road to get one, a nearly 2 km walk from the Sanctuary... It's one of Pattaya areas where you need a motorbike all the time. (Same Phratamnak)

You need 2 Baht busses to get to Jomtien from Naklua.

On 5/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, Delight said:

Can you drive a motor scooter?

If not that could limit your options

So areas such as Soi Bua Khao  would work if you cannot drive a motor scooter

Everything  is located on that street

555 really, who not totally insane can advise to stay anywhere at Central Pattaya and especially Buakaow ? Why not walking street !!!

OP is smart and made the best choices, Jomtien or Darkside. Anywhere else is called living in a $hithole.

16 hours ago, smccolley said:

you are correct on all but not about the air quality... all of pattaya is above world health standards for 2.5 exposure from 5 to 8 months per year... people need to recognize the serious airborne particle pollution covering much of thailand... check air visual

16 hours ago, myjawe said:

555 really, who not totally insane can advise to stay anywhere at Central Pattaya and especially Buakaow ? Why not walking street !!!

OP is smart and made the best choices, Jomtien or Darkside. Anywhere else is called living in a $hithole.

Oh really?

Your opinion but reality is the opposite.

The people I know who live in Jomtien spend 4 or 5 days a week in Central.

Go to the the malls, supermarkets, movies, restaurants, bars (better girls), sports bars etc.

Jomtien has little if none of this to offer.

Heck, if you want an occasional fast food McDonald's, etc. they are non existent.

Jomtien is ok for a few days I guess, but most seem to be bored with it and come over the hill for a more full and active lifestyle.

Whatever floats your boat.  I guess if a person is on the internet or TV all day it suits them fine...

16 hours ago, losworld said:

you are correct on all but not about the air quality... all of pattaya is above world health standards for 2.5 exposure from 5 to 8 months per year... people need to recognize the serious airborne particle pollution covering much of thailand... check air visual

very true.

I've seen countless fires

On 5/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, sikishrory said:

My general view is that you want to be on the fringe of central pattaya and on or very near the baht bus route.

Central pattaya itself to expensive for anything decent and the craziness could get tiresome but lots of food options.

Jomtien seems to be more elderly people and its a ways from pattaya.

Naklua rd is ok within a couple of km's of Terminal 21 roundabout but in my opinion it gets a bit too Thai if you go deeper than that. The food options can be frustrating sometimes.

Dark side too far.

Someone mentioned third road - That could also be an ok option if near the baht bus route.

Just don't be one of these guys who lives in a crappy old apartment paying marked up electricity and water fees. Condos usually cost less and are often new and have gyms, pools and government rates for utilities.

I would be looking for condos in Third road, Naklua or North pattaya.

PM me if you need contacts.

Hello,can you please tell if there are big condos on Third R.,Naklua or North Pattaya?

Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, leverito said:

Hello,can you please tell if there are big condos on Third R.,Naklua or North Pattaya?

Thanks. 

There's condos everywhere. The best way to find them is to search facebook for condo groups in Thai language and communicate with the agent in Thai. Then you know your not getting some marked up westerner price. Otherwise try your luck with the English groups and websites.

If you type condominium into google maps you get around 20 results and I think there's more that arn't listed.

2 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

baht buses go there?

Go to Sukhumvit and flag down a white minibus to Bang Saen market, then a red baht bus past the uni and the hospital and onto Beach Road.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:03 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Quiet for sure, and I would even say dead as soon as the night arrives :sad:

Most Pratamnak is not on or near a bahtbus route and very few people would choose to walk to Pattaya: 2-3 km going up and down the hill ! You must have a bike if you stay in this area.

if you drive you can not drink. so use grab, baht bus, walk or motor said taxi. Do not stay on so cozy beach pratumnak. it's a gulag. try so 4 pratumnak or thapraya Rd.  do not rely on baht bus. crowded and dangerous and full of sweating, man spreading third world riff raff who learnt their bus etiquette in Delhi or siberia. 

9 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Rd.  do not rely on baht bus. crowded and dangerous and full of sweating, man spreading third world riff raff who learnt their bus etiquette in Delhi or siberia. 

Other then the convenience and freedom, one of the main reasons I purchased a motor bike.

Archived