BANGKOK 18 July 2019 03:35
Chas Wanledear

Where is the best area in Pattaya to stay?

On 5/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, KC 71 said:

Walking Street emoji2.png

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

A worthless answer to a serious question.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

A worthless answer to a serious question.

This thread has been very good (unless admins have been busy) usually riddled with crap like that

• Like 2

On 5/18/2019 at 8:57 AM, mike787 said:

I second that...its excellent 24/7

girl2.jpg

This sweet thing and golf.  What more could you ask for?  😋

3 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Pratamnak Soi 4 or 5 with a balcony open to the sea breezes. Restaurants, bars, street food, nice beach end of Soi 5. Motorbike taxis down the hill into town, then switch to baht bus on regular route, if you don't have your own.

...been living bottom area of Soi 5 for 5 years now, and yet to find another place I would like to move to...however if I would not ride a motorbike for whatever reason, then would be another story. Would be too unconvenient to stay here without even if not far from anywhere, yet too far without a bike 

On May 19, 2019 at 7:35 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Jomtien..

Sorry, no vacancy in Jomtien. We're full up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

...been living bottom area of Soi 5 for 5 years now, and yet to find another place I would like to move to...however if I would not ride a motorbike for whatever reason, then would be another story. Would be too unconvenient to stay here without even if not far from anywhere, yet too far without a bike 

Agree.  My new condo is beachfront on Soi5, it is actually pleasant at night to sit outside and drink wine.  Good sea breeze, good nearby food.  Wanna to to WS, that is what Grab Taxi is for. 

Wongamat is nice and quiet while only 10 minutes by moto taxi to soi bhuakao. I've been there 2 years now and really like it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, murraynz said:

Cosy beach is great place to stay. Plenty of restaurants,quiet,yet I can get to walking st for 60baht on mbike taxi, or walk to baht bus takes 20 mins.. Good views, no sexy ladies looking for work.only problem is too many rude Russians in high season. 

"walk to baht bus takes 20 mins"

longer in rainy season and arriving soaking wet is not ok.  I lived there and never again ..

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, madmen said:
13 hours ago, mushroomdave said:
City One Residence.  Very clean, new, great lady at the front desk daily, and out of the way just enough from the hustle & bustle.  Good sized room with + swimming pool for 4,500 + electric.    I have a room here with the bf (tour guide) who works in Pattaya and love it!!  https://city1residence.com/

Those prices include aircon? Looks like Great value

Like I noted "+ electric".

Edited by mushroomdave

On 5/18/2019 at 11:49 AM, Chas Wanledear said:

I don't care about girly bars etc,

If you don't care about girly bars why the hell are you going to live in Pattaya. I'm genuinely puzzled. Yeah, it's cheap and all that, but there are a lot of places in Thailand a lot cheaper. I suppose it is Farang friendly.

18 hours ago, Chas Wanledear said:

Am guessing a taxi is only 200/300B if I needed to get back home at night.

Grab taxi, Uber??

I would suggest to never pay full price rental for anything.  There's a lot more rentals than there are people wanting to rent which makes it a renter's market.  If something is listed at 15,000 and you like it offer them 10,000.  All they can say is no.  They might come back with 12,000 but my point is everything is negotiable.  

I would also try to just get a 6 month lease.  If you don't like the area or apartment/condo you are renting it gives you an easier out.  

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 6:05 PM, JHolmesJr said:

There is a soi in naklua, maybe Soi12, that lead to some temple of truth or something.

I loved that area....visited someone who had a nice bungalow there. Was lovely

I live across the street from the Sanctuary and even though the roads are full of potholes from the buses it is fantastic. Some nice houses to rent, clean air, no flooding and 5km from central Pattaya. Baht buses run from there all the way to Jomtien if you need

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smccolley said:

I live across the street from the Sanctuary and even though the roads are full of potholes from the buses it is fantastic. Some nice houses to rent, clean air, no flooding and 5km from central Pattaya. Baht buses run from there all the way to Jomtien if you need

thats how I remember it....also very quiet as it's set quite a way back from main road. No bars