Where is the best area in Pattaya to stay?

Chas Wanledear

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, bkk6060 said:

Oh really?

Your opinion but reality is the opposite.

The people I know who live in Jomtien spend 4 or 5 days a week in Central.

Go to the the malls, supermarkets, movies, restaurants, bars (better girls), sports bars etc.

Jomtien has little if none of this to offer.

Heck, if you want an occasional fast food McDonald's, etc. they are non existent.

Jomtien is ok for a few days I guess, but most seem to be bored with it and come over the hill for a more full and active lifestyle.

Whatever floats your boat.  I guess if a person is on the internet or TV all day it suits them fine...

An alternative reality of course is many people like to live just outside the madness but close enough to pop in as and when they want. Jomtien has many bars and restaurants, and a clean beach. Fast food (pizza, burgers etc) can be got at plenty places if that's your thing but I'm guessing a McDonalds isn't top of most peoples lists when deciding where to stay. 

22 hours ago, dode57k said:

An alternative reality of course is many people like to live just outside the madness but close enough to pop in as and when they want. Jomtien has many bars and restaurants, and a clean beach.

I think it's time for new glasses bro! The beaches ain't clean lol.

On 5/24/2019 at 2:53 AM, Henryford said:

I can't see the point of coming to Pattaya unless you like the girly bars and the beach. The Darkside is depressing with horrible traffic. Jomtien/Pratamnack by far the best areas.

Not all all sure where this 'horrible traffic' is on the Dark side but getting stuck in rush-hour and weekend traffic jams on Pratumnak and Theprassit are pretty grim. Even getting jammed-up on Sukhumvit while trying to get down there sucks.

All the best shopping, supermarkets, department stores and malls are NOT in the Jomtien/Pratamnack area either.

Dark side rocks!

(no Chinese either)

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, Delight said:

Can you drive a motor scooter?

If not that could limit your options

So areas such as Soi Bua Khao  would work if you cannot drive a motor scooter

Everything  is located on that street

Except that Buakhao is very dangerous. Narrow road with 2 way traffic and no pavements. I used to live just off it so I know.

Best area I found in the down town area was on Second, not far from Central.

Except that Buakhao is very dangerous. Narrow road with 2 way traffic and no pavements. I used to live just off it so I know.

My guesthouse owner was killed the other day walking near third road. I honestly believe it's safer on a scooter

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My guesthouse owner was killed the other day walking near third road. I honestly believe it's safer on a scooter

Sad to hear but with the statistics showing that upward of 70% of road traffic fatalities in LOS are on 2-wheels...

Sad to hear but with the statistics showing that upward of 70% of road traffic fatalities in LOS are on 2-wheels...
Stats include drunks, reckless drivers, those with no helmet, too fast. If you ride carefully, wear a helmet, avoid risky areas and times the risk comes right down as anyone who rides should know

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

...drunks, reckless drivers, those with no helmet, too fast. If you ride carefully, wear a helmet, avoid risky areas...

But that's Pattaya most evenings; helmetless drunks on bikes doing the wrong thing while headed the wrong way up Soi 6.

But I get your point. Walking is hazardous enough and crossing any of the main roads at the wrong time of day is perilous, Third Road more so as it is wider, mostly 2 lanes each way and thus faster. Was the guy hit by a bus, car... or motorbike?

But that's Pattaya most evenings; helmetless drunks on bikes doing the wrong thing while headed the wrong way up Soi 6.

But I get your point. Walking is hazardous enough and crossing any of the main roads at the wrong time of day is perilous, Third Road more so as it is wider, mostly 2 lanes each way and thus faster. Was the guy hit by a bus, car... or motorbike?
Hit by a motorbike. i go 150 metres to Big C by motorbike as its safer and quicker than walking

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Dark side rocks!

(no Chinese either)

Dark sides defeats the purpose of staying in Thailand.  Not near the beach nor action.  Might as well be living in a shipping crate under a bridge in Jakarta.  Same view.  ????

On 5/18/2019 at 8:03 AM, Pattaya46 said:

Quiet for sure, and I would even say dead as soon as the night arrives :sad:

Most Pratamnak is not on or near a bahtbus route and very few people would choose to walk to Pattaya: 2-3 km going up and down the hill ! You must have a bike if you stay in this area.

Yeah, the hills not a regular commute on foot. Its unfortunate the seashore does not have a path over to walkjng st as it would be an easy stroll. Its all boulders now, tide coming in at weird times etc, not something i would want to try at night after a few beers. If anyone knows of one through there let me know.

3 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Dark sides defeats the purpose of staying in Thailand.  Not near the beach nor action.  Might as well be living in a shipping crate under a bridge in Jakarta.  Same view.  ????

I do not disagree.

But many have the purpose of being here to live cheaply and quietly thus the Darkside may suit them fine.

Walking is not dangerous.  Its an excellent form.of transport. Pratumnak is near 3 braches. There are baht bus routes within wslking distance, Grab taxis and motorsai taxis.  There is no need for cars or motorbikes in Pattaya. Many people drive drunk.

Dark sides defeats the purpose of staying in Thailand.  Not near the beach nor action.  Might as well be living in a shipping crate under a bridge in Jakarta.  Same view.  [emoji8]
A lot of us are family men ,we like to have a nice house and garden in a quiet area,and drive our cars into Pattaya.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived