Jump to content

Where is the best area in Pattaya to stay?


Chas Wanledear

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, smccolley said:

I live across the street from the Sanctuary and even though the roads are full of potholes from the buses it is fantastic. Some nice houses to rent, clean air, no flooding and 5km from central Pattaya. Baht buses run from there all the way to Jomtien if you need

You need 2 Baht busses to get to Jomtien from Naklua.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/18/2019 at 2:59 PM, Delight said:

  Can you drive a motor scooter?

If not that could limit your options

So areas such as Soi Bua Khao  would work if you cannot drive a motor scooter

Everything  is located on that street

 

555 really, who not totally insane can advise to stay anywhere at Central Pattaya and especially Buakaow ? Why not walking street !!!

 

OP is smart and made the best choices, Jomtien or Darkside. Anywhere else is called living in a $hithole.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, smccolley said:

I live across the street from the Sanctuary and even though the roads are full of potholes from the buses it is fantastic. Some nice houses to rent, clean air, no flooding and 5km from central Pattaya. Baht buses run from there all the way to Jomtien if you need

you are correct on all but not about the air quality... all of pattaya is above world health standards for 2.5 exposure from 5 to 8 months per year... people need to recognize the serious airborne particle pollution covering much of thailand... check air visual

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, myjawe said:

 

555 really, who not totally insane can advise to stay anywhere at Central Pattaya and especially Buakaow ? Why not walking street !!!

 

OP is smart and made the best choices, Jomtien or Darkside. Anywhere else is called living in a $hithole.

 

 

Oh really?

Your opinion but reality is the opposite.

The people I know who live in Jomtien spend 4 or 5 days a week in Central.

Go to the the malls, supermarkets, movies, restaurants, bars (better girls), sports bars etc.

Jomtien has little if none of this to offer.

Heck, if you want an occasional fast food McDonald's, etc. they are non existent.

Jomtien is ok for a few days I guess, but most seem to be bored with it and come over the hill for a more full and active lifestyle.

Whatever floats your boat.  I guess if a person is on the internet or TV all day it suits them fine...

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, losworld said:

you are correct on all but not about the air quality... all of pattaya is above world health standards for 2.5 exposure from 5 to 8 months per year... people need to recognize the serious airborne particle pollution covering much of thailand... check air visual

very true.

 

I've seen countless fires

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, sikishrory said:

My general view is that you want to be on the fringe of central pattaya and on or very near the baht bus route.

Central pattaya itself to expensive for anything decent and the craziness could get tiresome but lots of food options.

Jomtien seems to be more elderly people and its a ways from pattaya.

Naklua rd is ok within a couple of km's of Terminal 21 roundabout but in my opinion it gets a bit too Thai if you go deeper than that. The food options can be frustrating sometimes.

Dark side too far.

Someone mentioned third road - That could also be an ok option if near the baht bus route.

Just don't be one of these guys who lives in a crappy old apartment paying marked up electricity and water fees. Condos usually cost less and are often new and have gyms, pools and government rates for utilities.

I would be looking for condos in Third road, Naklua or North pattaya.

PM me if you need contacts.

Hello,can you please tell if there are big condos on Third R.,Naklua or North Pattaya?

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, leverito said:

Hello,can you please tell if there are big condos on Third R.,Naklua or North Pattaya?

Thanks. 

There's condos everywhere. The best way to find them is to search facebook for condo groups in Thai language and communicate with the agent in Thai. Then you know your not getting some marked up westerner price. Otherwise try your luck with the English groups and websites.

If you type condominium into google maps you get around 20 results and I think there's more that arn't listed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

baht buses go there?

Go to Sukhumvit and flag down a white minibus to Bang Saen market, then a red baht bus past the uni and the hospital and onto Beach Road.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 10:03 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Quiet for sure, and I would even say dead as soon as the night arrives :sad:

Most Pratamnak is not on or near a bahtbus route and very few people would choose to walk to Pattaya: 2-3 km going up and down the hill ! You must have a bike if you stay in this area.

if you drive you can not drink. so use grab, baht bus, walk or motor said taxi. Do not stay on so cozy beach pratumnak. it's a gulag. try so 4 pratumnak or thapraya Rd.  do not rely on baht bus. crowded and dangerous and full of sweating, man spreading third world riff raff who learnt their bus etiquette in Delhi or siberia. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Rd.  do not rely on baht bus. crowded and dangerous and full of sweating, man spreading third world riff raff who learnt their bus etiquette in Delhi or siberia. 

Other then the convenience and freedom, one of the main reasons I purchased a motor bike.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...